[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Sleepers

joshVFL

Agree/Disagree?

virtualfantasyleague.com

mid round picks with upside!:

1. Ameer Abdullah – Not sure you can still call him a sleeper with all the preseason buzz but in the Detroit offense, this kid is going to have a very productive season. He’s a GREAT pass catcher, cuts on a dime and though he didn’t post a world class 40 time he still has plenty of top end speed. Joique Bell will get the goal line carries since he’s one of the best in the NFL at converting but Abdullah will still get plenty of touches.

2. Frank Gore – For the old timers out there, remember Curtis Martin in 2004 at age 31? After a couple of avg seasons talk about him being past his prime Curtis “our favorite” Martin posts 1697 yds rushing with 12 TD’s and 41 receptions. Gore is now 32 and though I don’t think Frank puts up those numbers, I do think he’s in for a BIG year and looking at 1200-1400 rushing yds. With the Andrew Luck factor, no one will be stacking the box and he’ll have huge holes to run through. Even if his touches are down Gore will be a solid #2.

3. Jonathan Stewart – Being a Ducks fan my perception may be a bit clouded but the reigns have FINALLY been turned over to J Stew to be the #1 back. I think the loss of Benjamin will slow this offense considerably but this may just increase the amount of carries the Stewart has. Over the final 5 games of the season last year Stewart average right at 20 touches and over 100 yds/game. The caveat with J Stew is injuries. IF, big IF, he can stay healthy he’ll have a nice season.

4. Melvin Gordon – This is an easy one to throw on the list as he’ll be the #1 back in San Diego. I do think that Woodhead will see the field a lot but SD will give Gordon every chance to be the workhorse. Plug him in as a RB3 with RB2 upside.

5. Todd Gurley – Gurley may have a slow start to the season coming back from knee surgery but he could carry teams to the playoffs in the back half even with a tough schedule. Many scouts state that Gurley is the most physically gifted back coming out of college since Adrian Peterson. The Rams will ease him in to playing time but all indications are that they want him to be the man come mid-season.

Other Candidates:

• Duke Johson – Could and Should emerge in Cleveland
  • Devonta Freeman – with a strong start to the season he’ll keep Coleman to limited reps
  • TJ Yeldon – Start in Jacksonville but needs the rest of the offense to take the next step
  • Doug Martin – bounce back candidate having a GREAT camp
  • David Cobb – Will overtake Sankey in Tennessee. At a minimum force a timeshare
Edited by joshVFL

My man crush on Stew is well documented. I was even sent an autographed 8x10 of Stew with an engraved plaque proclaiming me the official Stewart nuthugger of The Huddle. So yeah...I'm a tad biased

Edited by tazinib1

Agree/Disagree?

virtualfantasyleague.com

Top 5 RB Sleepers:

1. Ameer Abdullah – Not sure you can still call him a sleeper with all the preseason buzz but in the Detroit offense, this kid is going to have a very productive season. He’s a GREAT pass catcher, cuts on a dime and though he didn’t post a world class 40 time he still has plenty of top end speed. Joique Bell will get the goal line carries since he’s one of the best in the NFL at converting but Abdullah will still get plenty of touches.

2. Frank Gore – For the old timers out there, remember Curtis Martin in 2004 at age 31? After a couple of avg seasons talk about him being past his prime Curtis “our favorite” Martin posts 1697 yds rushing with 12 TD’s and 41 receptions. Gore is now 32 and though I don’t think Frank puts up those numbers, I do think he’s in for a BIG year and looking at 1200-1400 rushing yds. With the Andrew Luck factor, no one will be stacking the box and he’ll have huge holes to run through. Even if his touches are down Gore will be a solid #2.

3. Jonathan Stewart – Being a Ducks fan my perception may be a bit clouded but the reigns have FINALLY been turned over to J Stew to be the #1 back. I think the loss of Benjamin will slow this offense considerably but this may just increase the amount of carries the Stewart has. Over the final 5 games of the season last year Stewart average right at 20 touches and over 100 yds/game. The caveat with J Stew is injuries. IF, big IF, he can stay healthy he’ll have a nice season.

4. Melvin Gordon – This is an easy one to throw on the list as he’ll be the #1 back in San Diego. I do think that Woodhead will see the field a lot but SD will give Gordon every chance to be the workhorse. Plug him in as a RB3 with RB2 upside.

5. Todd Gurley – Gurley may have a slow start to the season coming back from knee surgery but he could carry teams to the playoffs in the back half even with a tough schedule. Many scouts state that Gurley is the most physically gifted back coming out of college since Adrian Peterson. The Rams will ease him in to playing time but all indications are that they want him to be the man come mid-season.

uh...none of the 5 guys you listed here could be considered sleepers. Maybe Gurley but thats still a reach.

• Like 1

haha, yeah I'm a rookie, to the forum not the site. Been a huddle member for years. I was born in Eugene, still have family there. Somehow I ended up in Bama, middle of SEC country.

Then you should know it's poor form to come pimp your random FF analysis site here. Bush league.

Duke Johnson was finally able to practice in pads after being sidelined with a hammy since camp started, Coach Pettine said he looked explosive. I hope he can contribute, neither Crowell or West have looked good so far. He's got a lot of ground to make up after sitting out for 3 weeks.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/mike_pettine_on_duke_johnsons.html