[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Sleepers

joshVFL

I don't know if he would be considered a sleeper but I think Latavius Murray will at least have a season better than his ADP. Especially now that Oakland can legitimately stretch the field. But what do I know, last year I thought Toby Gerhart would do well.

Here are some sleepers I've nabbed in the last few rounds in several drafts:

Cameron Artis-Payne

Josh Robinson

Roy Helu

Jonas Gray

Branden Oliver

Dropped Oliver for Artis-Payne yesterday.

Yeah, I don't view any of those guys as sleepers. In the drafts I've done so far, I find myself grabbing the likes of Freeman, Mason, Crowell, and Jennings in the middle rounds. What do those guys have in common? Well, for the most part, they play on teams who drafted rookie RB's, and it's almost assumed that those RB's will be given the starting job. Yet, just about every year, that doesn't happen in most cases. Last year, many felt Freeman was going to start in ATL. Didn't happen. This year, many assume it's Coleman's job to lose. My money is on Freeman to get his fair share of touches, and I particularly like him in PPR leagues.

So, yeah, I'll pass on Abdullah/Gurley/Gordon in the 2nd/3rd rounds of redrafts, and gladly take Freeman/Mason/Crowell 4-6 rounds later. I think the value is there, and the reward outweighs the risk at that point.

On the fipside, the Johnson's (Duke and David) could both win starting jobs. At the very least, they're playing well enough to get touches.

In deeper leagues, I'd look at someone like Theo Riddick (looked good last year, and who knows if Bell is healthy). Not as someone I have to depend on, but more of a flier. Same with Charles Sims, and I also like James Starks (becomes a weekly top-10 RB if Lacy misses time) as a flier type of pick.

Yeah, I don't view any of those guys as sleepers. In the drafts I've done so far, I find myself grabbing the likes of Freeman, Mason, Crowell, and Jennings in the middle rounds. What do those guys have in common? Well, for the most part, they play on teams who drafted rookie RB's, and it's almost assumed that those RB's will be given the starting job. Yet, just about every year, that doesn't happen in most cases. Last year, many felt Freeman was going to start in ATL. Didn't happen. This year, many assume it's Coleman's job to lose. My money is on Freeman to get his fair share of touches, and I particularly like him in PPR leagues.

So, yeah, I'll pass on Abdullah/Gurley/Gordon in the 2nd/3rd rounds of redrafts, and gladly take Freeman/Mason/Crowell 4-6 rounds later. I think the value is there, and the reward outweighs the risk at that point.

On the fipside, the Johnson's (Duke and David) could both win starting jobs. At the very least, they're playing well enough to get touches.

In deeper leagues, I'd look at someone like Theo Riddick (looked good last year, and who knows if Bell is healthy). Not as someone I have to depend on, but more of a flier. Same with Charles Sims, and I also like James Starks (becomes a weekly top-10 RB if Lacy misses time) as a flier type of pick.

with the recent buzz on Ivory, what round do you see having to jump on him?

Edited by joshVFL

with the recent buzz on Ivory, what round do you see having to jump on him?

Depends on a number of factors.... Number of teams, number of RB's required to start (lineup requirements), and scoring format. In a 14-team PPR league where we can start 1-3 RB (two flex), he went 5.06 (62nd overall)... Right after Spiller/Stewart/Ellington/Bernard, and just before Vereen, Blount, Crowell, and Yeldon. Obviously, that's just one league, and some of those guys might have gone arguably too high or too low. But, that should give you some idea.

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=56107&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

In the Huddle Ladder Hall of Fame division, he went 7.10 (82nd overall). Similar scoring (PPR), but we start 2-3 RB in that one. It's also only a 12-team league, and keep in mind that the draft took place a couple of weeks ago (and Ivory's stock seems to be rising within the last week or so). Here's the link to that one:

http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=39777&O=17&DISPLAY=DIVISION00&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

Here's another 12-team PPR league (also done a couple of weeks ago), and again he's down a bit, due to the timing of when this draft took place (7.11... 83rd overall). This is also a best ball league (no adds/drops/trades), where weekly scoring takes 2-3 RB per team.

http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=43478&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

Lastly, one more 12-team PPR league (sorry... I don't do many non-PPR's), which is currently in progress. He went 7.06 (78th overall).

http://football15.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=35755&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

So, in three 12-team PPR leagues, he went in the 7th. In the 14-teamer, he went in the 5th. Depending on draft slot, I'd say you have to grab him in the late 5th or early 6th if you REALLY want him. Otherwise, wait until the 7th-8th, and if he's there, it seems like good value. But, again, a lot of that depends on scoring, lineup requirements, etc.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

Depends on a number of factors.... Number of teams, number of RB's required to start (lineup requirements), and scoring format. In a 14-team PPR league where we can start 1-3 RB (two flex), he went 5.06 (62nd overall)... Right after Spiller/Stewart/Ellington/Bernard, and just before Vereen, Blount, Crowell, and Yeldon. Obviously, that's just one league, and some of those guys might have gone arguably too high or too low. But, that should give you some idea.

http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=56107&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

In the Huddle Ladder Hall of Fame division, he went 7.10 (82nd overall). Similar scoring (PPR), but we start 2-3 RB in that one. It's also only a 12-team league, and keep in mind that the draft took place a couple of weeks ago (and Ivory's stock seems to be rising within the last week or so). Here's the link to that one:

http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=39777&O=17&DISPLAY=DIVISION00&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

Here's another 12-team PPR league (also done a couple of weeks ago), and again he's down a bit, due to the timing of when this draft took place (7.11... 83rd overall). This is also a best ball league (no adds/drops/trades), where weekly scoring takes 2-3 RB per team.

http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=43478&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

Lastly, one more 12-team PPR league (sorry... I don't do many non-PPR's), which is currently in progress. He went 7.06 (78th overall).

http://football15.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=35755&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=RB&FRANCHISE=0000

So, in three 12-team PPR leagues, he went in the 7th. In the 14-teamer, he went in the 5th. Depending on draft slot, I'd say you have to grab him in the late 5th or early 6th if you REALLY want him. Otherwise, wait until the 7th-8th, and if he's there, it seems like good value. But, again, a lot of that depends on scoring, lineup requirements, etc.

thanks Gopher, 10 and 12 team std scoring. appreciate the links!

RE: C. Ivory

That's exactly where I got him after the turn at 6.02 (12 Team PPR Redraft). He would've been gone at 7.11. Sometimes you gotta reach a little when you're at the turns.

Cobb is already hurt week to week and rumbling that he is in doghouse with his work ethic and professionalism. Quote from the running backs coach is he has a lot to learn if he wants to be a running back in this league. Add to that sankey has looked better and done what the coaches have asked maybe next year or end of year for the kid

Duke Johnson suffered a concussion tonight

And he only started practicing recently, did he play well before the hit (out of town and plan to watch game tomorrow evening). Not sure what Gopher saw that shows he deserves touches other than West and Crowell have been mediocre.

There are a lot of potential running back sleepers this year. It's hard to get a handle on who is going to be "the man" with a bunch of the backfields.

That's how I felt last year...This year I think there are a few worth looking at...and some of them were the names that received a lot of hype last year like Sankey...I feel better about Sankey among a few others than I did last year

• Like 1

That's how I felt last year...This year I think there are a few worth looking at...and some of them were the names that received a lot of hype last year like Sankey...I feel better about Sankey among a few others than I did last year

I would love for someone to sell me on Sankey. I do have him in a couple leagues where I went WR heavy (zero RB) and had to take shots on RB later. So I'm hoping for the best but not overly excited about him like I am on a guy like Ameer Abdullah (who I LOVE).

I would love for someone to sell me on Sankey. I do have him in a couple leagues where I went WR heavy (zero RB) and had to take shots on RB later. So I'm hoping for the best but not overly excited about him like I am on a guy like Ameer Abdullah (who I LOVE).

I am hearing positive things about him in camp this year...last year I didn't hear much but liked the fact that he was supposed to be a bellcow and was a rookie....those two go together for me like lamb and tuna fish...

Plus Cobb has underwhelmed at this point ( from what I have read anyways)....

I like Sankey and Delanie in that offense with a rookie QB....rookie QB's love TE's (no homo)

now...."why would you like a RB who hasn't shown much as it is who is now playing with a rookie QB?"

I think that Mariota may be a wash vs their QB's last season with some upside because he runs which will keep the defense honest....at times anyways....I don't expect this offense to be the Green Bay Packers or anything, but I think Sankey can put up 1200 yds rushing after a likely hit/miss start to the season....

just my :2cents: