[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordy Nelson injured

I literally just drafted him in the 1st round of 32 homers 45 minutes at most before he got hurt. My season is already over in that league. I guess at least I won't have to give that league much attention this year.

Ya saw that...sorry Tm. :(

Remember, Nelson and Cobb were just like Adams and Janis a few years ago. I have no doubt Rodgers doesn't lose a step with either of them stepping into a starting role. Let's not forget R.Rodgers either. I don't think the Pack misses a beat tbh. Sure it will be a big blow, but let's not get carried away here. This isn't like K.Benjamin/C.Newron.

MRI is still UNconfirmed?

As far as I've heard its still just the initial diagnosis. That being said...I can only remember a couple times where this type of initial diagnosis was something not season ending, and usually that still meant at least half the year.

Edited by Def.

1. Pre-season games really suck.

2. Drafting too early for FF redrafts/keeper leagues is not necessary

2- some of us had no choice. Our league draft last weekend because it was the only time we could do it. That said to protect against this, all current F/A moves are locked and after pre-season games are over we have a "supplemental free agent" draw where players losing drafted players to injury have first dibs on F/A based on where the player got hurt was drafted. Nelson was drafted 2-6 in my league so that owner will get first free agent pick unless someone drafted higher comes up injured. This same owner also had Kelvin Benjamin.

1-Yep

Edited by kwolf68

Gracias sir. It's already bad enough to have the Jets LOL. I was totally going back and forth between him AJ, and Cobb. Talk about drawing the shortest straw!

I wouldn't say you're done. there's still plenty of draft left. One or two hidden gems and viola!

Does anyone know when his MRI is scheduled?

Looks like tomorrow. The press conference did not explicitly say "MRI" but that is what is meant: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-game-recap/article-1/Packers-looking-for-good-news-on-Jordy-Nelson/c9152081-8a28-4412-b70f-3f7cd1535f62

2- some of us had no choice. Our league draft last weekend because it was the only time we could do it. That said to protect against this, all current F/A moves are locked and after pre-season games are over we have a "supplemental free agent" draw where players losing drafted players to injury have first dibs on F/A based on where the player got hurt was drafted. Nelson was drafted 2-6 in my league so that owner will get first free agent pick unless someone drafted higher comes up injured. This same owner also had Kelvin Benjamin.

1-Yep

I like that supplemental injury draft idea. Gonna bring that up in my keeper league.

• Like 1

I like that supplemental injury draft idea. Gonna bring that up in my keeper league.

This is the first year we've done it because usually we all get together during pre-season week 4 games when everything is settled, but getting the gang together this year required having the draft a bit earlier. But I also knew that injuries could happen and we needed to find a way to at least minimize any disasters. The guy who lost Nelson also lost Benjamin so he just lost his 1 and 2 receivers. Gonna be hard as hell on him even with our free-agent plan. But maybe he will have a fighting chance as some undrafted receiver may possibly develop into a decent player, though almost guaranteed won't challenge what either Nelson or Benjamin were projected to do.

Edited by kwolf68

I was listening to this game on the radio at work yesterday. My gut told me it was bad. Everyone said "can't be too bad he walked off the field" or "He probably just tweaked his ankle". I knew better. The silence from the medical staff was defening. It just seemed.... off somehow. So I wasn't surprised to hear that it might be an ACL. But as a life long die hard Packer Fan, it sucks balls.

Jordy is freakin awesome man. BY FAR the most underrated WR in the NFL. He was voted #18 out of the top 100 players in the NFL by his PEERS. Not the fans, or the media, but by the DBs and Corners that play against him. He was the 3rd highest scoring WR in football last year behind only Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas with 1519 yards and 13 TDs.

Next man up yadda yadda. The Packers do a great job scouting WRs yadda yadda. Rodgers can make a star out of any WR yadda yadda.......... That is all true, but lets be clear about this: Losing Jordy is a big deal to me and most of the people that truly understand how good this guy really is.

Edited by Alphashado

Yes losing Jordy is a big deal, there is no doubt about it. Rodgers had already been talking up Adams before this happened and while I don't expect him to put up Jordy like numbers, I do see him having a big time break out season if he stays healthy.

Remember, Nelson and Cobb were just like Adams and Janis a few years ago. I have no doubt Rodgers doesn't lose a step with either of them stepping into a starting role. Let's not forget R.Rodgers either. I don't think the Pack misses a beat tbh. Sure it will be a big blow, but let's not get carried away here. This isn't like K.Benjamin/C.Newron.

I remember back when Favre was still there I had a few very good breaks drafting or adding an FA backup WR from the Packers who stepped in and performed very well. Very few of those guys (or the ones playing with Rodgers) are truly elite talents, but the offensive system and great QB help make them look great.

PS As for drafting early, yep that does suck we've always tried to draft after the pre-season is over. I know its harder for some, especially for people that play in multiple leagues. We've had a fixed day (Tuesday before season opener, day after Labor Day since opening weekend was moved to the weekend after) for a long time and still have owners who cannot make for some reason.

Very few of those guys (or the ones playing with Rodgers) are truly elite talents, but the offensive system and great QB help make them look great.

I've no doubt that Adams or Janis can step in and instantly qualify for 900 yards and 8 TDs in this system. But if you don't think Jordy is an elite talent, then I suggest you go watch a few Jordy Nelson highlight videos. The guy makes circus catches, runs great routes, dominates the sidelines, and constantly outruns corners that underrestimate his speed. Yes, the ball is often put in an ideal spot to catch it. But Jordy routinely makes 2 or 3 guys miss him after the catch and takes it to the house. The guy deserves a lot more respect than he is getting.

Edited by Alphashado

I'm a little confused. Why is everybody screaming torn ACL when the MRI has not been confirmed. I'm hearing a possible MCL which would be 4-6 weeks. Of course an ACL is worst case scenario but I rarely see ACL's walk off the field. I'm hoping for the best, but again, nothing is official yet.

What am I missing

I rarely see ACL's walk off the field.

I had a close friend tear an ACL playing softball sliding into home plate. He thought he just twisted his knee - said he felt a pop and it hurt, but he got up and walked away.

My sister runs a lot of marathons - she too tore her ACL on one of her marathons. She kept running to finish it. She said it hurt, but she too thought she just twisted her knee somehow.

Both of them went to the doctor the following day as they both said it was painful as all hell - only for both of them to be confirmed as ACL tears, surgery, air casts for 6 weeks, then a long road of physical therapy.

Reggie Wayne is an interesting idea. He didn't look very fast or explosive last year though, and that was also in a very good system. So I'm not sure what he can bring to the table honestly. Maybe a nice Red Zone threat. But I'm not convinced he as the speed to stretch the field anymore, otherwise the Colts would have used him in that role, and they did not.

We might need to have Gopher on suicide watch

The instant I heard it, I had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Hate hearing about serious injuries, fantasy football aside. That said, I lost him in two dynasties. Of course, when you're in enough leagues, the likelihood that you lose SOMEONE in pre-season goes up. And, I do have Janis in one of those leagues, obviously (since you traded him to me). Could have in the other, but I took a chance (and it could cost me). Of course, there's no guarantee Janis is the guy that benefits most from this opportunity. And, I also have Adams in at least one league (can't remember if I have him anywhere else).

Regardless, I hate hearing about these types of things. Sucks for Jordy, obviously. The Pack will be relatively fine, and I think there is little chance that they add someone like Wayne. His best days are behind him, and they're better off with Adams, Janis, etc. Maybe the rookie Montgomery contributes as well.

Yeah I'm really not seeing how Wayne helps the Packers here, unless they think their junior WR talent needs to still ripen on the vine a bit. Wayne's skill set and Nelson's are totally different at this point in their respective careers.

• Like 1