[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordy Nelson injured

He doesn't need to stretch the field. He's as sure handed as anyone in the league. A possession, move the chains target is not out of the question.

Right, but they already have those qualities with their current depth. Jordy stretched the field. They don't need another slot receiver.

Agree that I wouldn't drop Rodgers' value any. Bump Cobb up a hair, definitely bump Adams up. Janis will get more time now. Maybe the rookie Montgomery.

As for Nelson.... Real bummer. Have him (and have to decide on contract years) in two dynasties. Literally drafted him 12 hours prior in an MFL10. Drafted him in the HMBL2.

Got Janis in one of those two dynasties, but would much rather have Nelson healthy.

As for the whole "draft as late as possible" thing.... I don't get it. You can draft the day before the season kicks off and have your guy get hurt in the first drive of the first game. Why does it matter when a guy gets hurt? Injuries suck - and happen - and we have to deal with them no matter when they happen. Yes it sucks to have just spent a 1st/2nd round pick on the guy only to have him go down for the season. But he could have been a 1st/2nd round pick the Saturday before games kick off and the guy coulda gone down in a heap on the first drive of Week 1. Still would have been painful to the fantasy owner (and him, too).

Anyways... back to the drawing board.

Drafting as late as possible is not just about injuries, but how guys look playing preseason games, drafting before the 2nd preseason games (this past weekend) for most teams leaves you with a lot more guesswork.

Yes injuries can happen anytime, with preseason over there are fewer injuries to deal with since some have already happened. Just a preference to dealing with less unknowns.

Drafting as late as possible is not just about injuries, but how guys look playing preseason games, drafting before the 2nd preseason games (this past weekend) for most teams leaves you with a lot more guesswork.

Yes injuries can happen anytime, with preseason over there are fewer injuries to deal with since some have already happened. Just a preference to dealing with less unknowns.

So that one series that [insert starter's name here] played in really helped you out huh?

Sorry, don't buy it. Yeah, maybe it gives you like 10-15% more clarity, but I don't think that figure is enough to really have any founding in the "draft as late as possible" theory.

So that one series that [insert starter's name here] played in really helped you out huh?

Sorry, don't buy it. Yeah, maybe it gives you like 10-15% more clarity, but I don't think that figure is enough to really have any founding in the "draft as late as possible" theory.

Its not a theory or some strategy, just a preference to draft late so there is less unknown. I didn't say it makes our league better than others or anything, not sure what the big deal is.

both of my locals wait as late as possible. No bones about it, its because of injuries. This yr is Fri night n sat night labor day weekend, and I can't fn wait :)

both of my locals wait as late as possible. No bones about it, its because of injuries. This yr is Fri night n sat night labor day weekend, and I can't fn wait :)

So what happens if you draft a player that gets injured Week 1 and is out for the season? Are you any less pissed off?

Its not a theory or some strategy, just a preference to draft late so there is less unknown. I didn't say it makes our league better than others or anything, not sure what the big deal is.

I just need to stop replying to your posts, guy. :sad:

• Like 1

When I first started, I used to play with an old salty cat that hung out with Don Drysdale. I can't remember the name at the moment, but they drafted on opening Monday Night. His first pick was the Dallas QB. 5 minutes after his pick, dude injured his leg and was out for the season.

I think it was Danny White

And frankly, I believe I'd make out better drafting early as possible because I like to think I'd hit some players that maybe aren't on some other peoples radars yet. But this works for our crew so..its cool

This is the biggest pro for drafting early. People that do their homework are rewarded.

• Like 1

And frankly, I believe I'd make out better drafting early as possible because I like to think I'd hit some players that maybe aren't on some other peoples radars yet. But this works for our crew so..its cool

Yeah, that and if someone does get hurt, you have 3 weeks to watch the "next up" guys to see if they have anything.

Anyways, not worth going Barbaro over all of this.

I remember my FIRST draft ever. I had gone up to the live draft in the Bay Area, Cali... one of the guys held it at his architecture firm (that I ended up working at for 2 years a few years later!) the Saturday before kickoff Sunday. I had some beers Saturday night and flew back on one of the first flights home to SoCal the next morning. When I got off the plane, I had like 5 text messages saying "ooh, that sucks!". Turns out my first pick... in my first draft ever.... was lost for the season right before halftime. Vinny Testaverde. Torn Achilles.

That said, I had drafted a guy named Rich Gannon, who ended up setting the world on fire that year. :)

So what happens if you draft a player that gets injured Week 1 and is out for the season? Are you any less pissed off?

IMO the main difference would be if my stud WR goes down week 1, I don't feel like it could have been avoided. If we draft early and my stud goes down in the preseason, my team is somewhat screwed and it could have been avoided by drafting later. Just a tougher pill to swallow.

That being said, I don't clamor for late drafts in all my leagues - pros and cons to both. I think there's a pretty even split between early and late drafts for me this year.