[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help Improving my Team

statisquo

Due to our busy lives of everyone in the league, we had our draft already. We have a 12 team keeper league. I kept Russell Wilson and Le'Veon Ball. I ended up winning it all last year, but this year I feel will be a different story.

According to Yahoo I didnt do too bad drafting but I dont think I did as well as they think I did.

My lineup looks like this and mostly everyone that is someone is gone off the wire. Im not sure who to trade for before the season, so I am asking for your help in who to package for who. If you have any questions please let me know and Ill provide what answers I can.

My team:

QB R. Wilson, J. Cutler

RB L. Bell, M. Forte, T. Yeldon, J. Gray, J. Starks

WR D. Hopkins, E. Royal, D. Funchess, A. Robinson, C. Shorts

TE J. Thomas, A. Seferian-Jenkins

K C. Barth

DEF Houston

I made some good decisions last year on the wire and through trades and want to try and do the same this year.

No he went pretty high in the draft. I want to try and pry Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Davante Adams, or really any other decent wideouts away from the owners that have him but not sure I have enough to offer to keep me in contention.

As byroz said, you are thin at WR. Really, everything else looks good and having Bell+Forte is pretty formidable. Wilson will probably generate some good numbers this year especially with Graham looking to get those red zone passes. I would focus on WR through either trades or WW.

As everyone seems to agree your team looks pretty good but your WRs are terribly thin. Problem I see is that you have no trade bait; you have no depth. Hindsight is 20/20 but way I see it you have wasted roster spots and likely draft picks on cutler and a backup TE. My guess is guys like cutler and Sef-Jenkins are on WW but decent WRs and RBs are not. You should have drafted more RB and WR depth that could possibly have come through as trade bait after a good game or two...only thing I can think of is to trade Wilson in a 2 for 1; try and get a decent WRs and a middle of the pack QB (assuming you can't get 1 really good one and play cutler)....also your Kicker got cut today.

WCS0714, thank you. I realize Connor got cut today. I wasnt going to drop him before the season begins in a hope that another team grabs him, and he can be useful for me. Otherwise Ill have to grab one off the WW. If I trade Wilson, Royal (or Robinson), who could I target you think? I could pick up Bortles off the WW for insurance for Cutler but Im pretty sure Wilson will out perform whoever I could get via trade and WW. Not sure. What do you think?

I'd look at the other teams rosters and target a team that is starting maybe Tannehill or matt ryan even stafford. Offer Wilson for their QB and their number 2 or 3 wr with upside. a productive rookie like cooper or agholor may not be a bad idea. maybe even jarvis landry.