[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demarco Murray / keep or trade?

Finn5033

10 team .5pt PPR league. We can keep 1 player and not lose a draft pick as long as he wasn't a 1st rd pick last year. And you can only keep the player for 1 extra year. I drafted Murray in the 2nd round last year and he is my obvious keeper choice. But I don't have a 1st rd pick this year, I traded it last year to make a run at the championship.

So here is my situation. I put Murray out on the trade block for a 1st rd pick hoping someone in the league would bite with a late 1st rounder. That didn't happen, the only offer I've got so far is for the 13th pick. I'm not sold on Murray in Philly and my 1st pick isn't until 2.7.

So would you rather have Murray and not pick until 2.7. Or have no Murray, no 1st rd pick, but have picks 2.3 and 2.7 to start your team with? I'm tempted to take the trade, use those two 2nd round picks on best available players. But I also wonder if I'm over thinking Murray's situation. There is a good chance that at 2.3 he may be better than anyone available at that point. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks

Edited by Finn5033

Do you have any idea who other guys are keeping? in a 10 teamer you may be able to get some pretty good players with those picks early in the 2nd , I'm with you on drafting wr in the late 1st early 2nd, after the firs 4-5 rb's its a total crap shoot. I would seriously consider doing that. I don't trust murray either, I had McCoy last year(some was McCoy and some was the line) but Kelly drove my crazy with some of the play calling(as a McCoy owner), and I think there's even more depth at the rb position for them this year, there's no way murray repeats his td production(13 last year) this year, I think philly's rb's totaled 15 tds total between the 3 of them, McCoy only had 5

Do you have any idea who other guys are keeping? in a 10 teamer you may be able to get some pretty good players with those picks early in the 2nd , I'm with you on drafting wr in the late 1st early 2nd, after the firs 4-5 rb's its a total crap shoot. I would seriously consider doing that. I don't trust murray either, I had McCoy last year(some was McCoy and some was the line) but Kelly drove my crazy with some of the play calling(as a McCoy owner), and I think there's even more depth at the rb position for them this year, there's no way murray repeats his td production(13 last year) this year, I think philly's rb's totaled 15 tds total between the 3 of them, McCoy only had 5

Yes actually I do know the other keepers and there is going to be a lot of high end picks left.

Keepers are

L. Bell

Murray - mine

Andrew Luck

Alshon Jeffery

ODB

Golden Tate

Jeremy Hill

Russell Wilson

TY Hilton

D. hopkins

I'd probably do the trade, are keepers kept in a certain round(where they were drafted), there's a pretty good pool of players left: AP,Charles,Lacy,Lynch,DT,Dez,Calvin,Brown,Julio,Gronk,Rodgers, are the elite guys left, that still leaves guys like forte,mccoy,Anderson,hill, cobb, AJ. So I'd rather have a combo of those 2nd tier guys over just murray