[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Handcuffs or Sleepers

http://imgur.com/rGRb6iB

That is my team above. I am wondering if I should drop Danny Woodhead, Andre Williams or Jets D for handcuffs. I have Andre Ellington as my RB2 and Le'Veon Bell as my RB1. Should I grab up Deangelo Williams and David Johnson(assuming he is ahead of chris johnson)? I really dont know what Woodhead's outlook for the season is, my league is PPR so I drafted him, but it shows Brandon Oliver ahead of him. I have Andre Williams because Jennings WILL get hurt and Vereen is a passing downs back. As far as my D I have Panthers D and Jets D, both have potential but IMO panthers have more fantasy value, at the same time I drafted Jets first lol.

I just have a tough time dropping potentials before the season starts but at the same time, I don't want to lose the handcuffs. My league has no waiver wire so I can always be on top of it in case of injury but also run risk of getting beat to the site.

Drop 1 of your defenses and grab DeAngelo if you ABSOLUTELY feel the need to handcuff. I think handcuffa are overrated personally. Having another back on your roster, especially Danny Woodhead in PPR this year, is just as good in case someone goes down and u need a fill in.

I like danny woodhead(esp. in a ppr) if he's healthly all year, to me he is their 3rd down and passing down back(Gordon has been having trouble with pass pro so far) and will get a ton of dump down passes, the only handcuff to me worth owning is knile davis, and that's because he's a damn good back so if Charles goes down he'll be pushing for rb#1 numbers, most other situations will be a rbbc, if their #1 goes down. I'd drop a defense and probable pick up Johnson, he looked pretty damn good in preseason(I know its preseason) but ellington is small and gets banged up and he may get more of the goal line carries as well, I really don't see Deangelo having much upside after bell comes back

Yea I have to agree about the handcuff thing, kinda takes away from potentials on the bench. Would you guys trust Panthers D or Jets D going forward? I feel like the david johnson guy has more of a chance to be the number 2. I am also considering scratching the handcuff thing and just getting Heath Miller off waivers as a backup TE. In case Kyle Rudolph gets hurt or something there isn't much TE depth on the wire: http://imgur.com/CBVUBYK

personally after watching Charles Johnson this preseason so far, i would definitely grab him as a cuff if he is available. To quote the commentators "he is running with wreckless abandon and tahts what you want to see in an RB." Dude runs hard, and ellington is gonna get hurt sooner or later, and even if he doesnt i feel like Johnson is going to earn more reps.

As far as who to drop, I would probably drop Andre Williams before I dropped Danny Woodhead.

personally after watching Charles Johnson this preseason so far, i would definitely grab him as a cuff if he is available. To quote the commentators "he is running with wreckless abandon and tahts what you want to see in an RB." Dude runs hard, and ellington is gonna get hurt sooner or later, and even if he doesnt i feel like Johnson is going to earn more reps.

As far as who to drop, I would probably drop Andre Williams before I dropped Danny Woodhead.

David. David Johnson

for the season I would think the jets would be more consistent, but I love 3 out of the first 4 games for the Panthers, I'm constantly changing defenses throughout the season, I always take a defense in the last round, so I guess it would depend who was there.

Chris Johnson then David Johnson then Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo... CJ2K is ahead of David, I like David though but that's why handcuffs are a joke unless there is a clear RB2 like someone said Knile Davis, Matthews..

Artis-Payne in my knee (C.A.P.) = behind Stewart who I like this year but if injured C.A.P. gets an immediate bump up.

Jay Ajayi = RB2 behind Miller

Javorius Allen = run first team behind Forsett

probably guys on the bubble to be RB2's and to get a few weekly reps but very risky stash guys. to name a few and there are definitely others that fit in this group.

I ended up dropping Jets D for Heath Miller before I lose the chance for a backup TE for week 5. The same week the Jets and Panthers have a bye. I kinda screwed up there.

Andre Williams is the next guy for me to drop. but I do believe he has a chance to take over for the Giants. Especially if Jennings goes down for any time. Vereen is a pass catcher not a work horse. Williams could be a second year work horse if he sured up his hands in the offseason. I think I am gonna wait and see how the panthers D does till week 5 and decide to drop them or Williams for whats best off the wire.