[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade #6 and Jordan Matthews for AP in Keeper league?

Steelhead

I've got the 6th pick in a 12 team 2 keeper league, half ppr. My current keepers are Forsett and Jordan Matthews. I unfortunately had Jordy Nelson and had to replace him with Matthews. The guy with the #1 pick has AP and Beckham.

He want my #6 overall and Jordan Matthews for Peterson. I am considering this as I would be set at keeper for a few yrs. Did a mock with and without the trade and here's what I ended up with:

No Trade with keepers Forsett and Jordan Matthews I ended up with starters of Forsett, Murrary at RB and WRs are Matthews, Cooks, and Adams.

With trade keepers are Peterson and Forsett I ended up with RBs: AP and Forsett and WRs are Adams, Fitzgerald and some other junk, I didn't pock past 2 rds on this one.

Am I killing myself by giving him Matthews and my 1st rd pick? Or just pass and hope I land some gems in mid rds that will break out and lock down for keepers next year. Jordy really killed me longterm.

Man that's a tough one for sure.. giving your 6th overall and Matthews you get AP and keep Forsett. .. Love AP but it might be just too much considering Murray and Forsett would be decent guys, the Jordy injury is murderous.

Keep Matthews and Forsett then you're not drafting chasing picks, getting AP and giving your 6th/Matthews puts you in a spot where you almost have to hit on all the next picks or hope someone falls to you.. you can get crafty with WR's but really the ceilings on those lesser receivers are pretty low.. guys like LaFell, Boldin, Crabtree, Roddy White, Garcon, S.Johnson you really don't know if any of those guys will produce consistently even at WR2/WR3 levels some should but which ones?

If you think you could hit again on a guy like Agholor, Funchess, or another RB/WR rookie AP would lock down your RB1 nicely.. I like the challenge of pulling together WR's late but you need to start 3 and that's probably too deep considering the question marks outside the top 30-35 WR's. although having Maclin, Allen Robinson, Markus Wheaton (with the suspension pending on Bryant) could be ok and those guys are in the 50's for top WR's.. I'd actually still consider it and try for some upside rookies like you did with Matthews not that it's easy guessing who will emerge out of the 2015 class of rooks it won't happen again like it did last year with Even, Cooks, Watkins, Benji, Matthews, OBJ but you have to think a few will emerge. If your league allows free waiver moves I'd consider it because you could stream WR's until you got the right combo but if its one of those $1 per transactions no way.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: So I was able to work 2 trades on draft day to get both Peterson and Calvin.

Trade 1: My 2nd, 6th and Jordan Matthews for Adrian Peterson

Trade 2: My 1st , 4th, and 5th for Calvin Johnson

Here’s how my team ended up at skill positions:

QB: Tannehill

RB: AP, Forte (keeper), Doug Martin, David Johnson

WR: Calvin Johnson, Jarvis Landry, Garcon, Agholor, Randle

TE: Ertz

Not happy with Tannehill but I’m 1-1 and since added Jordan Reed at TE. If AP and Calvin hadn’t stunk week 1 I’d be 2-0.