[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randall Cobb injured shoulder

DMD

I am not a big fan of coddling these professional NFL players. I hate the idea of playing scared. If the goal of the coach is to prevent player injuries then perhaps it is time to break out the flags and make it flag football.

Yeah, yeah ... I know it was preseason ... but preseason is used to give your players some game experience to get in shape before the games that count. And he got hurt on his ONE play.

Players get hurt in practice too ... should we just stop practicing as well?

• Like 1

Players get hurt in practice too ... should we just stop practicing as well?

I've stated numerous times that this situation is different. GBP just lost Jordy for the season, if Cobb goes down too, does anyone think GB has a shot of making the SB? I don't. But i certainly think they do if Cobb stays healthy and imo were the fave to come out of the NFC before Nelson went down. Cobb has been in the league ...and this system, long enough that he imo shouldn't have been on the field taking hits from another teams players at game speed in the situation they're in now. Especially with Rodgers not playing. Why chance it? And why wasn't Rodgers playing? Does he not need the game speed experience?

I've stated numerous times that this situation is different. GBP just lost Jordy for the season, if Cobb goes down too, does anyone think GB has a shot of making the SB? I don't. But i certainly think they do if Cobb stays healthy and imo were the fave to come out of the NFC before Nelson went down. Cobb has been in the league ...and this system, long enough that he imo shouldn't have been on the field taking hits from another teams players at game speed in the situation they're in now. Especially with Rodgers not playing. Why chance it? And why wasn't Rodgers playing? Does he not need the game speed experience?

Dude I totally get what you're saying, and really just playing Devil's Advocate here.... but any chance they wanted Cobb to get some reps as the "number one guy"? Did he switch to Jordy's spot or did Adams take that spot in the offense? Maybe need :pc: Big John here.

Dude I totally get what you're saying, and really just playing Devil's Advocate here.... but any chance they wanted Cobb to get some reps as the "number one guy"? Did he switch to Jordy's spot or did Adams take that spot in the offense? Maybe need :pc: Big John here.

First to HBTC's question, Rodgers did not play as 3 starting linemen were injured and out of the game.

For Cobb, I thing the Packers were experimenting in-game of what WR lineups to use.

• Like 1

So by your own logic ... he should be held out of practice too? I mean God forbid he get hurt in practice. As Darin and BJ have said there may have been some idea of exploring Cobb's new roll with the absence of Nelson. If GB chooses to play scared all year because they lost Nelson ... then they won't make the playoffs anyway.

That makes sense and I hadn't thought of that

First to HBTC's question, Rodgers did not play as 3 starting linemen were injured and out of the game.

For Cobb, I thing the Packers were experimenting in-game of what WR lineups to use.

thx John
  • Like 1

stop it!...you should not be laughing, let along rolling on the floor....there is a reason why Gil considers himself "stevegrab serious" and this is not a joke....

I was simply showing I can laugh at myself, if some think I'm too serious, a pain in the ass, whatever, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. At one time I was newbie of the year not newbie tool though ;)

I was simply showing I can laugh at myself, if some think I'm too serious, a pain in the ass, whatever, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. At one time I was newbie of the year not newbie tool though ;)

haha I know....I was just reminding you of how serious you are and you need to keep that consistent!

• Like 1