[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bills Release Fred Jackson

bud29

McCoy is a friggin' steal the way he has dropped to near the bottom of round 2 in 12-team drafts. He dropped nearly a full round because Rex is protecting him from pre season injury worse than the tweaked hamstring. McCoy will be the Buffalo work horse and a top 5 fantasy RB for 2015, unless sidelined with injury. The current hammy issue is mostly fluff just to keep him from overextending in the pre season.

• Like 1

Hard to agree with Dcat here. McCoy will be a top 5 RB because he'll be a work horse, but barring injury. Well, very little chance in his frame being a workhorse without getting injured. This is a complete "stay away" situation.

QB situation is a mess, teams will game plan around him because they know the rest will be easy. No doubt he'll have his games, but I sense far more disappointment from owners this year.

Hard to agree with Dcat here. McCoy will be a top 5 RB because he'll be a work horse, but barring injury. Well, very little chance in his frame being a workhorse without getting injured. This is a complete "stay away" situation.

QB situation is a mess, teams will game plan around him because they know the rest will be easy. No doubt he'll have his games, but I sense far more disappointment from owners this year.

+1. Their starting QB is likely Tyrod Taylor and if not it'll be Cassell. Having watched McCoy last year I don't see where the optimism is coming from. Rex Ryan inspires no confidence here for me.

I get that they have a great defense and might keep games close but even a great defense eventually breaks when the offense can't pull its weight.

+1. Their starting QB is likely Tyrod Taylor and if not it'll be Cassell. Having watched McCoy last year I don't see where the optimism is coming from. Rex Ryan inspires no confidence here for me.

I get that they have a great defense and might keep games close but even a great defense eventually breaks when the offense can't pull its weight.

Taylor named starting QB today: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518335/article/tyrod-taylor-named-bills-starting-qb

lol

its honestly true though, you really think randle or McFadden are better?

stop it.

:busted: ALERT! :busted:

Yes. You stop.

FJax has been doing it with smoke and mirrors for years now. The Bills were a perfect fit for the guy, even as he aged. There likely isn't a perfect fit for him, but there could still be some value to milk out of him in the right situation. Like Cleveland.

• Like 1

^^this

I thought the same thing. And the fact ownership has refused to publicly rule out Ray Rice tells me they will be signing someone shortly. Does Fred jump over Rice in the FA RB market? Possibly but I can also see Fred going to Houston

I think calling the Cowboys Jerry's team would be more accurate. I guess that makes you one of Jerry's kids.

The saddest part is I know a bunch of Cowboys fans in Wisconsin. I wish Donald Trump or Chris Christie would come out with a plan to deport them.............to Texas.

There, there ... you are still special, and I am sure you are still well loved. Just let it all out now ... I know you are a closet fan of America's team ... it is okay.

^^this

I thought the same thing. And the fact ownership has refused to publicly rule out Ray Rice tells me they will be signing someone shortly. Does Fred jump over Rice in the FA RB market? Possibly but I can also see Fred going to Houston

I would say so. Zero baggage vs..... well, baggage.

You know what you're getting with ol FreddyJax. You really don't know what you're getting with Rice.

I doubt HOU signs him. Why? Chris Polk is a younger, maybe even better version of him and has been nails in preseason, at least from what I've seen and heard.

:lol: ESPN Boston is already speculating that the Pats will have interest. Talk about a cluster-eff if he goes there. Blount, Gray, White, Cadet, Bolden... AND Jackson? No way. Unless it's Crafty Bill doing what he does ... going after a division rival's veteran.

Edited by darin3

I don't think he fits in CLE, they're going with young RB and will be letting Crowell/West/Duke Johnson be their guys. What little he may have left doesn't help them.

Wel the problem with that group is the coaching staff is still waiting for 1 of them to seize the job. So far none of them have impressed anyone.