[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cousins to start week 1 ...

Grits and Shins

I had Garcon last year. I know Garcon caught more balls and D.Jackson had more yards, but I remember getting frustrated and feeling like Cousins favored Jackson between the two. Anyone know Cousins target count between Garcon and Jackson last year when he was under center?

Full disclaimer: I ended up with D.Jackson this year.

Edited by faceplant

Yeah ... that is the announcement ... but we all know if Cousins struggles we may see McCoy or RGIII. Cousins struggled last year when he had the opportunity to shine.

There are 16 million reasons why you won't see RG3 on the field again for Washington.

• Like 1

yup, likely the only thing keeping him from getting cut ASAP is the concussion protocol and impending medical settlement suit that would follow...it's a real sticky wicket here in the nation's capital (but, that's nothing new for this 3-ring circus)...

Local guys here in Phoenix claim they've heard from "league sources" that the likelihood is very high that they just outright cut him. No one will trade for that contract but if he's cut he becomes a FA and someone will give him a job.

If the price isn't outrageous, I'd love to see KC scoop up RG3.

As far as Cousins goes, I like the move as far as FF is concerned. From what I recall last year (don't have any numbers in front of me), Cousins was a gunslinger - he put up some pretty solid numbers even if it didn't translate into wins.

LOL ... QBs go to KC when there is nothing left in the tank to try and play a couple more years

QBs go to Cleveland to die

• Like 1

Local guys here in Phoenix claim they've heard from "league sources" that the likelihood is very high that they just outright cut him. No one will trade for that contract but if he's cut he becomes a FA and someone will give him a job.

i believe this will happen as soon as he clears the concussion protocol (which could be as soon as this week)...local (DC) radio this morning indicated that it's too much fiscal risk to keep him on the roster and risk an ACL tear or other long-term rehab injury, even if incurred in practice (of course, i also realize that's just the talking heads getting paid to do what they do)...if he is unable to pass a physical next March, the Skins are apparently on the hook for his 2016 option salary they exercised this spring, not to mention the cap hit they would take...my understanding of the situation is that, if they cut ties with him now, they're only on the hook for this 2015 cap hit...keeping him around, even if just as a back-up and to run the opposing team offense in practice this year, would be a huge risk...