[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DaVante Parker

the outlaw

Anyone taking a late-round flyer on this kid? I'm reading that aside from the early season learning curve from missing the majority of OTAs and training camp, the Dolphins hope/plan to get him up-to-speed very quickly once the season starts...there's no disputing everyone loves Landry this drafting season (and, he will probably be HUGE in PPR format), but what do you think about Parker making an impact as a rookie?

I've already taken a flyer on him in my main local, but curious as to what others view as his floor/ceiling...

Landry is the clear target--hog, but he works underneath...i'm reading that Stills has fallen out of favor and has been surpassed by Matthews on the depth chart as WR3, and Cameron has had an unspectacular pre-season (2 catches on 3 targets for 6 yards and no scores)...however, I've not heard/read much about Jennings thus far...

I'm by no means suggesting any early season miracles, but wonder if he's worth a stash and wait, to eventually move into the WR2 (with potential to WR1 as Landry works as the possession guy, underneath)?

Guest Sir Nose

I was able to grab Parker in the later rounds as he flew under the radar in one of my drafts. There are definitely a lot of mouths to feed, but I don't think the Fins let a talent like this languish.

• Like 1

I would rather have Parker as a "hold", since I'm reading (although I don't recall the source) Matthews has surpassed Stills as WR3 on the depth chart (behind Landry - WR1, and Jennings - WR2), at least until Parker makes his debut...if anyone has any additional updates on this situation, please post...thx!

I would rather have Parker as a "hold", since I'm reading (although I don't recall the source) Matthews has surpassed Stills as WR3 on the depth chart (behind Landry - WR1, and Jennings - WR2), at least until Parker makes his debut...if anyone has any additional updates on this situation, please post...thx!

My question is how long before Jennings gets leapfrogged by both?...or is this not possible and I am missing something?

Matthews only passed him b/c Stills has been out with an injury

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins coaches "love" Greg Jennings.
Salguero fully expects Jennings to make the team and be a top-four receiver. The soon-to-be 32-year-old has impressed onlookers with his route running, leadership, and professionalism, which is a plus in a very young receiving corps. It's a sign this could be a true committee approach at receiver behind Jarvis Landry, with Jennings, Kenny Stills, and DeVante Parker filling certain roles and not providing much fantasy consistency. Aug 19 - 10:06 AM

Kenny Stills caught two passes for 26 yards in Miami's third preseason game.
Stills missed the first couple weeks of Dolphins camp, but has recorded three grabs for 31 yards after sitting out the first preseason game. Stills is clearly in the back seat behind Jarvis Landry for targets among Dolphins receivers. He's not going to bring much consistency and is merely on the WR4 radar. Aug 29 - 9:17 PM

Rishard Matthews started the Dolphins' third preseason game over Kenny Stills.
Stills battled a calf injury early in camp and missed the first couple weeks of practice in addition to the first preseason game. Across 35 snaps this preseason, Stills has caught 3-of-4 targets for 31 scoreless yards. It's still early, and Stills has gobs of talent, but he needs to stay on the field and start building a rapport with Ryan Tannehill. Jarvis Landry, Greg Jennings, and Matthews started on Saturday, with Stills mixing in behind them. OC Bill Lazor recently praised Matthews. Aug 31 - 6:19 PM

Rotoworld

Edited by Zooty