[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hosting service

theeohiostate

I use MFL for Dynasty and ESPN for everything else.

MFL

-It runs all year.

-Besides how it looks, some of the interface isnt intuitive. Things that should be simple like waivers/lineups are slightly more difficult. Commissioner setup also isnt very clean. I still find myself taking more time than it should to do simple things like set waiver schedules and playoffs(when you schedule an event and don't specify what it is the page will timeout and you have to set everything all over again). Of course after some trial and error you get use to it.

-Look at how ESPN does their setup and copy it. Also a better app.

-Running all year for Dynasty, flexibility on small things like blind bidding waivers into FCFS waivers which espn actually added this year, and not censoring my trash talk videos because espn wont let me upload inappropriate videos.

ESPN

-Clean interface.

-It doesnt run all year. If it did, I would be looking to move everything to espn

-Lack of small options. I hate having to manually set playoffs and having to run the draft on mfl and transfer everything over

-Run it all year

-Their toolkit thing with power rankings trash talk etc, easy for new and old fantasy players to use, solid mobile app

Doing some research and appreciate any feedback

What do you like the most about your current fantasy hosting provider

What do you like the least

What changes would you like to see

Lastly , what 3 features are a MUST have to host/run your league

I play at MFL and at yahoo. I don't like MFL, its not easy to use, the process of looking at and bidding in Fa's sucks imo. And it costs $ that doesn't get to go toward prize $ for the league. I like yahoo, off the top of my head I'm not sure I'd change anything about it. It does everything the pay to play sites do ( to my knowledge) and all our league dues go to the prize pool. Did I mention its free?

I agree with the above MFL sentiments. Interface is just... screwwy. Yes, there are modules or settings you can tweak to your liking but the "standard" format is confusing.

That said, the flexibility to do what you want in terms of setting up your league is nice. Of course, anyone could set up a website to do this (maybe I sense a motive here? :unsure: ..)

Changes? Just a cleaner, simpler interface, but with the ability built in to make all the necessary tweaks to scoring, rosters, etc.

Top 3 features:

1. Flexibility

2. Year-round availability

3. Killer customer service / tech assistance

In out local, we FINALLY left CBS ( :pickle: ) and are going to ESPN this year. ANYTHING is better than CBS!!

All of my other leagues are at MFL and I gotta say I like it. It's not flashy, but rather spreadsheet-like (accounting background), straightforward in implementation, and easy to customize.....once you get used to it.

Doing some research and appreciate any feedback

What do you like the most about your current fantasy hosting provider

What do you like the least

What changes would you like to see

Lastly , what 3 features are a MUST have to host/run your league

1. That it's easy to use.

2. That they, nor anyone, can accommodate the rules/scoring for Full Impact IDP (Please make it happen!)

3. The ability to handle the rules/scoring for Full Impact IDP (RULES).

4. Live scoring, flexibility and IDPs

Edited by keggerz

1. That it's easy to use.

2. That they, nor anyone, can accommodate the rules/scoring for Full Impact IDP (Please make it happen!)

3. The ability to handle the rules/scoring for Full Impact IDP (RULES).

4. Live scoring, flexibility and IDPs

IDP / Dynasty seems to be an issue with most services. I really do not like the manual input needed on a yearly basis to run those types of leagues , and the idea is to make it easier , without so many confusing settings ;)

How important do you feel the inclusion of the Auction would be ?

Edited by theeohiostate

I agree with the above MFL sentiments. Interface is just... screwwy. Yes, there are modules or settings you can tweak to your liking but the "standard" format is confusing.

That said, the flexibility to do what you want in terms of setting up your league is nice. Of course, anyone could set up a website to do this (maybe I sense a motive here? :unsure: ..)

Changes? Just a cleaner, simpler interface, but with the ability built in to make all the necessary tweaks to scoring, rosters, etc.

Top 3 features:

1. Flexibility

2. Year-round availability

3. Killer customer service / tech assistance

All points noted.

I feel the the same. I also feel a nice dashboard landing page for each owner to access all league data without opening a new url is important. Goal would be to play in 20 leagues , and able to set lineup / perform blind bidding / waivers / drafts / see matchups and live scores from EVERY league in a single controlled layout.

The most time consuming part of my seasons now are Tuesdays and Wednesdays , digging through every league , locating what players are available in every league and placing bids on them. How nice would it be to search all leagues at once , and do the bidding for multiple leagues for the same players once , without having to actually go to the league homepage of each to perform the transactions.

Edited by theeohiostate

IDP / Dynasty seems to be an issue with most services. I really do not like the manual input needed on a yearly basis to run those types of leagues , and the idea is to make it easier , without so many confusing settings ;)

Aiming for 2016 debut btw , with Dynasty / Keeper Leagues as a priority , as the standard leagues are simple. Yearly and weekly leagues as well.

How important do you feel the inclusion of the Auction would be ?

If it's easy enough to include then include it, but only if it will be done right. If including it means doing it haphazardly then don't do it.

and if you need/want to contact me via email you should still have my email.

Edited by keggerz

All points noted.

I feel the the same. I also feel a nice dashboard landing page for each owner to access all league data without opening a new url is important. Goal would be to play in 20 leagues , and able to set lineup / perform blind bidding / waivers / drafts / see matchups and live scores from EVERY league in a single controlled layout.

The most time consuming part of my seasons now are Tuesdays and Wednesdays , digging through every league , locating what players are available in every league and placing bids on them. How nice would it be to search all leagues at once , and do the bidding for multiple leagues for the same players once , without having to actually go to the league homepage of each to perform the transactions.

You might be interested in the "mock-up" I did for a way to draft multiple leagues at MFL from one window. Could do the same with waivers.