[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Judge rules in favor of Tom Brady

Grits and Shins

Legacy still tarnished

I think that's totally subjective...i'm not a Pats fan, but I've always admired Brady for the way he approaches the game...in my opinion (which I realize doesn't mean squat), his legacy hasn't been tarnished in the least...on the other hand, I think the NFL has created a total debacle with their investigation and cover-up of this, and I don't trust anything that comes out of "the League Office" at this juncture...

I don't think the legacy is tarnished at all.

I think Goodell and the NFL could save some face if they would let it drop. Announce that they thought he broke the rules and took what they believed to be the appropriate action ... but with the court ruling in favor of Tom Brady they are going to let the matter drop and move forward with the season for the good of the league.

The NFL and Goodell are clearly oblivious to the fact that they look like morans making mountains out of very very tiny mole hills ... they look like tyrants trying to have their way ... they look like they are throwing a childish temper tantrum because they can't have their way.

Time for Goodell and the NFL to grow up and move on.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 2

Corporate Goliath loses, CBA 1 NFL 0, The NFL will have to appeal because they don't want this to be a precedent setting case. Its the long term outlook on discipline and one man being the enforcer. They under estimated the Players union and the judicial system. Guilt or Not, they circumvented due process and because of that, they (NFL) lost. Air in ball or not, this was a test of the system, not Tom Brady, don't be fooled.

Corporate Goliath loses, CBA 1 NFL 0, The NFL will have to appeal because they don't want this to be a precedent setting case. Its the long term outlook on discipline and one man being the enforcer. They under estimated the Players union and the judicial system. Guilt or Not, they circumvented due process and because of that, they (NFL) lost. Air in ball or not, this was a test of the system, not Tom Brady, don't be fooled.

Agreed 100%.

Having said that, I personally think Brady is guilty as sin. That is my opinion and I have a God given right to it being born in the good ole USofA. And anyone who doesn't like that, can go @%CK themselves. Now that our legal system has clearly shown Goodell to be a tyrannical leader, who again clearly over stepped his authority, he needs to be shown the door. I'm not too sure the support he received from ownership is very pleased with being made a fool.

• Like 1

the ruling was not on TB's innocence or guilt, it was on the procedural handling of the league's punishment and arbitration hearing (i'm not convinced the majority of NFL fans even realize this - they just want TB to either be fried or exonerated, depending upon which camp they are sitting - LOL)...the judge repeatedly encourage the parties to reach settlement before he issued his ruling, yesterday...

and, for those of you who DO get it, i apologize in advance for potentially insulting your intelligence! LOL

• Like 2

the ruling was not on TB's innocence or guilt, it was on the procedural handling of the league's punishment and arbitration hearing (i'm not convinced the majority of NFL fans even realize this - they just want TB to either be fried or exonerated, depending upon which camp they are sitting - LOL)...the judge repeatedly encourage the parties to reach settlement before he issued his ruling, yesterday...

and, for those of you who DO get it, i apologize in advance for potentially insulting your intelligence! LOL

The judge did admonish the NFL for using a standard of "it was more probable than not that he knew something was generally going on" for punishment. So while the judge didn't clear up the issue of Tom Brady's guilt or innocence ... he did tell the NFL Goodell just can't make it up as he goes, that he will have to follow procedures. The judge also commented on the NFLs total lack of evidence and pointed out that there wasn't a shred of evidence tying Brady to any activity in regards to deflation of balls.