[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray rice

Richard1233

Why are people drafting him? He hasn't been good in 3 years, hasn't played for a full year and only a couple teams have been reported to maybe be interested but all of them have passed on signing him. I just wonder why would anyone waste a draft pick on him when he had been bad for so long and unemployed for so long. Even if he did get signed chances of him starting and adding fantasy value is slim to none.

Why are people drafting him? He hasn't been good in 3 years, hasn't played for a full year and only a couple teams have been reported to maybe be interested but all of them have passed on signing him. I just wonder why would anyone waste a draft pick on him when he had been bad for so long and unemployed for so long. Even if he did get signed chances of him starting and adding fantasy value is slim to none.

Depends on the league really. 16 team keeper league with a deep bench then he's arguably worth a stash which is what I did, admittedly this was via waivers rather than drafting him.

• Like 2

I mean, he hasn't played football in a year, so he must suck, right?

ohhhh okay haha I was thinking more along the lines of hitting his kid with a switch etc. etc.....because the reason why Rice isn't playing is due to what he did off the field...

completely misread your reply in that regard :lol:

It is a stretch, but AP is going in the top 3 picks of every draft while Rice goes undrafted. If he gets drafted with a final round pick, the heckling rains down from the peanut gallery.

We've talked about Rice in a good number of other threads, but as a review, in the last season he played (and only season he ever sucked):

His offensive line was starting 3rd stringers

He was 15 lbs over his normal playing weight

He was playing through injury all season

Rice is a reasonable home run swing in the last round of a draft. Once an NFL team needs a veteran RB and he gets a shot, he could be a league winner at that draft cost.

I am really amazed that anyone wants to criticize a final round pick being used on a player like that. What else are you doing with that pick? Backup kicker? Practice squad rookie? Reggie Wayne? Please.

• Like 4

It is a stretch, but AP is going in the top 3 picks of every draft while Rice goes undrafted. If he gets drafted with a final round pick, the heckling rains down from the peanut gallery.

We've talked about Rice in a good number of other threads, but as a review, in the last season he played (and only season he ever sucked):

Rice is a reasonable home run swing in the last round of a draft. Once an NFL team needs a veteran RB and he gets a shot, he could be a league winner at that draft cost.

I am really amazed that anyone wants to criticize a final round pick being used on a player like that. What else are you doing with that pick? Backup kicker? Practice squad rookie? Reggie Wayne? Please.

:smash:

If Ray Rice were in a better situation, I'd take a flyer on him. He only had the one bad year. Bernard Pierce averaged only 2.9 yards per carry that same year on the Ravens. Clearly the offensive line had a lot to do with their paltry stats.

I like drafting ex-superstars after they have a down year. They often rebound. It is more likely that they will return to elite status than an unproven player has of ascending to elite status. But Ray Rice isn't in a position to rebound. He is not going to get signed and be the starter right away. Drafting him is a waste of a roster spot.

I wonder if any team folds after an 0-2 start, no ground game to speak of and coming to the realization that "this isn't our year"....because every team thinks it is their year right now....except for the Dallas Cowboys

How about using ur last round pick on... your starting kicker. They're all the same. Why would u have a kicker before ur last round in order to draft a backup kicker? Some drafts I don't even draft a kicker if I don't have to. I'll add one Sunday morning before the games start. Edited by Richard1233

How about using ur last round pick on... your starting kicker. They're all the same. Why would u have a kicker before ur last round in order to draft a backup kicker?

I often refer to the round before the last as the last round....and what would it matter anyways?

edit: I just noticed "backup kicker"......who drafts a backup kicker? :lol:

Edited by Avernus

I often refer to the round before the last as the last round....and what would it matter anyways?

edit: I just noticed "backup kicker"......who drafts a backup kicker? :lol:

Exactly my point. Who drafts a backup kicker. U can get better value then free agent ray rice in the 3rd to last rd then taking a starting kicker so u can take a backup kicker in the last rd. Odell beckham jr wasn't drafted in any of my leagues last year and look what he did. And we have people saying well what else are u gonna do with that pick. Might as well take ray rice. I wish u people were in my drafts in every league.

Exactly my point. Who drafts a backup kicker. U can get better value then free agent ray rice in the 3rd to last rd then taking a starting kicker so u can take a backup kicker in the last rd. Odell beckham jr wasn't drafted in any of my leagues last year and look what he did. And we have people saying well what else are u gonna do with that pick. Might as well take ray rice. I wish u people were in my drafts in every league.

I dunno...it's the last pick in the draft...that is "flier" territory

Ray rice sucked before being out for a year.

There were reasons for this, but please, keep responding without reading.

How about using ur last round pick on... your starting kicker. They're all the same. Why would u have a kicker before ur last round in order to draft a backup kicker? Some drafts I don't even draft a kicker if I don't have to. I'll add one Sunday morning before the games start.

Look up and you might see the point of the post flying over your head.

Join some BOTH leagues and then I won't automatically laugh my ass off at this sort of nonsense in your posts. Well, actually, I will still laugh my ass off when you say that you play in crap leagues and then in the very same post imply that people here who play in legit leagues would be patsies in your crap league.

I wonder if any team folds after an 0-2 start, no ground game to speak of and coming to the realization that "this isn't our year"....because every team thinks it is their year right now....except for the Dallas Cowboys

That's my thought, and the Cowboys are one of the main teams I am thinking of. Once they have enough run-run-pass-punt series, they might realize that you still need consistent RB talent in order to successfully run the ball regardless of their OL quality. If they take two division losses in the first 2 weeks, they might be willing to get over the 'OMG that video is so horrific' bullmanure and sign a proven 3-down workhorse RB.