[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray rice

Richard1233

Which 32 teams, some of them desperate enough to trade for Terrance West and Christine Michael, don't want to take for free.

I have no idea why a team wouldn't want Ray Rice

I have no idea why a team wouldn't want Ray Rice

Because he beat the living crap out of his fiancee? Oh, and he looked like he lost a step last he played... which... was quite some time ago.

That all said... the Browns' backfield is 1 head lighter after dealing West and Duke Johnson is still in the concussion protocol. HC has said they haven't ruled it out... it kinda sorta makes sense and... well... who knows.

• Like 1

Because he beat the living crap out of his fiancee? Oh, and he looked like he lost a step last he played... which... was quite some time ago.

That all said... the Browns' backfield is 1 head lighter after dealing West and Duke Johnson is still in the concussion protocol. HC has said they haven't ruled it out... it kinda sorta makes sense and... well... who knows.

And the owner has gone on record publicly twice in support of him.

Rice last ran in 2013 for 3.1 yards per carry and scored a whole 4 TDs. Here is a partial list of decent workload guys who out-performed his YPC in the 2013 season.

Donald Brown

Montee Ball

Steven Ridley

Knowshwon Moreno

Ben Tate

Deangelo Williams

Bilal Powell

Zac Stacy

Bobby Rainey

Chris Johnson

Pierre Thomas

Danielle Thomas

Andre Brown

Steven Jackson

Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

Maurice Jones Drew

Darren McFadden

Rashard Meddenhall

Rice did better in YPC than Trent Richardson that season.

Rice did better in YPC than Trent Richardson that season.

Well, then there is that.

So the NFL owner who recently paid $92 million to the Feds to not be prosecuted is going to take on the drama that is Ray Rice? I doubt it.

This is a league of second chances....even in Pittsburgh they praise Ben but are already trying to run Vick out of town...

I'm a dog lover and all, but I'm tired of people comparing dogs (pets in general) to people....it's silly

• Like 2

So the NFL owner who recently paid $92 million to the Feds to not be prosecuted is going to take on the drama that is Ray Rice? I doubt it.

Haslam's wife is also on the NFL Conduct Committee created in the wake of Rice and other conduct issues in 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000439286/printable/the-nfls-response-to-domestic-violence-and-sexual-assault

I agree, doubt it happens. Sure somebody might sign Rice, but they're going to get the baggage that goes with him and few want to deal with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets signed.... I think he's a total scambug for what he did but lets be honest,

the NFL has plenty of players who have done as bad or worse things off the field

The issue isn't what he did ... the issue, the reason he doesn't have a job, is that he doesn't have enough left in the tank. I promise you if he still had talent and ability he would have a job.

The issue isn't what he did ... the issue, the reason he doesn't have a job, is that he doesn't have enough left in the tank. I promise you if he still had talent and ability he would have a job.

If no one has worked him out to see if he has anything left, then I would say the issue is definitely what he did.

He's only 28 with one subpar year vs four great years..... I bet he has more in the tank than a lot of guys like McFadden, Deangelo Williams, Reggie Bush, etc who are still hanging around.

You could be right but im guessing even giving him a workout would welcome a manure storm that no team wants to deal with .... right now. at least.

If no one has worked him out to see if he has anything left, then I would say the issue is definitely what he did.

He's only 28 with one subpar year vs four great years..... I bet he has more in the tank than a lot of guys like McFadden, Deangelo Williams, Reggie Bush, etc who are still hanging around.

You could be right but im guessing even giving him a workout would welcome a honda storm that no team wants to deal with .... right now. at least.

Somebody in the league would weather the storm if he was talented enough.

saying it in an interview and signing him are two different things. We'll see

This

You could be right but im guessing even giving him a workout would welcome a honda storm that no team wants to deal with .... right now. at least.

And this

Somebody in the league would weather the storm if he was talented enough.

That's the key, not enough talent to be worth it. If he had been suspended for PED or something else minor or just been cut after an injury or subpar season, he'd have some interested teams.

No team has even worked him out to know whether or not he has anything in the tank. His unemployment has everything to do with what happened.

Exactly. Add the explosive impact social media has today and I can guarantee you 10yrs ago he'd be suiting up this weekend

• Like 2

I personally think its a stretch to say the guy has no talent-- does talent just up and disappear?

Injury, conditioning, team dynamics, motivation -- you could argue these but not talent.

He's not playing because he beat up his girl and became the poster boy for domestic violence.

Id go as far to say that I think that he would still be playing right now if there wasn't the video.... reading or hearing about

something as horrible as he did is one thing--- seeing it with your own eyes makes it more real to the public.

On that note, I also think that if there WAS a video of AP disciplining his kid that he probably wouldn't be playing right now.

I personally think its a stretch to say the guy has no talent-- does talent just up and disappear?

Injury, conditioning, team dynamics, motivation -- you could argue these but not talent.

He's not playing because he beat up his girl and became the poster boy for domestic violence.

Id go as far to say that I think that he would still be playing right now if there wasn't the video.... reading or hearing about

something as horrible as he did is one thing--- seeing it with your own eyes makes it more real to the public.

On that note, I also think that if there WAS a video of AP disciplining his kid that he probably wouldn't be playing right now.

I agree with you 100% If there were no video of it he may have never even been cut by the Ravens. There is no doubt he is not playing or even getting a chance because of what he did and the video of it. There are a number of teams that could use him