[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help from experienced players.

Kilseo

Hi I'm running a standard league and want to make a side pot in a standard league.

The side pot is call "the price is right" and the goal is to get as close to 150 point as possible in a week without going over. My only problem is that that I'm not sure how many points are scored are scored on average and wondering if 150 is possibly too high.

It's a completely standard 10 man league.

1QB

2RB

2WR

1TE

1FLEX(rb,wr, or te)

1 D/ST

1 K

If anyone could reply with about what the average score is weekly in a league with this setup it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

So let me get this right. The goal is to play your studs and hope they go off to score a lot of points, but if you think one stud might put you over the top then bench him for a scrub? What if I lose that week against my opponent trying to win the side pot.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Need league scoring rules to help determine typical scores.

If there is no PPR (Point Per Reception) ans standard scoring (4pt passing TDs, 6pt other TDs, 1pt/20 passing yards, 1pt/10 run or receiving yards), etc...

Then a typical score would be under 150 most of the time.

Need league scoring rules to help determine typical scores.

If there is no PPR (Point Per Reception) ans standard scoring (4pt passing TDs, 6pt other TDs, 1pt/20 passing yards, 1pt/10 run or receiving yards), etc...

Then a typical score would be under 150 most of the time.

Ya its completely standard. Do you think 150 is too high? I want it reachable, but also with a chance of going over.

Edited by Kilseo

Well unless this is a new league, you should have some idea what the scores were last season and whether 150 was a good number or not. Nothing is truly standard scoring, so if you're looking for help better to just include it. Some think PPR is standard others don't. Some say pasing TDs are less than others, some don't. Defensive scoring can vary widely, kickers too (extra for long ones, minuse for misses etc.).

As for the side game, yes it seems kind of strange and runs counter to the using your best line-up each week. Should probably be talking to the other owners more than getting advice from people on a forum that know little about the league.

Here comes the fun patrol. :wedgie: It's just a side game folks.

150 is a little high if it's 4pt QB TDs, but still a pretty good target imo.

:lol: Seriously... lotsa sticks-in-the-mud around here. It's a side pot that you could conceivably win while still beating your weekly opponent. Of course no moron is going to sit studs for a chance at the side pot. :rolleyes:

I'd say 150 is a good target, maybe a tick high.

Best Side pot I have been in is whoever wants to participate puts in an extra $10 per week for weekly high score (So $140 for the season). Winner each week comes from only those who participate. Win a few of those and you can actually make more money than winning the league.

We've done that for years now, but its much smaller, $2 per week for the 13 week regular season. Each team has the option to play, most do, 1-2 may decide not to since they don't think their team can get a high score (born out by the stats, about 75% are won by the top 2-3 teams). But all you need to do is win once to come close to breaking even. It is small $ compared to our jackpot for the champ or a 3 way split of another pot for total points.