[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Graham

GoldenEagle81

You're right, it actually wasn't sarcasm. Like I said, you absolutely nailed it by saying I had given up bc I voiced my frustration. Way to go, buddy!

The funny thing is your post makes no mention of you planning to bench or cut him, or even if he's on your fantasy team and these guys are reading into it that you're planning to cut him, have given up on him, etc.

Your post sounded like nothing more than one of the hundreds of milk carton type posts.

I do agree thought that Graham was overvalued going to SEA, he won't put up the numbers he did in NO and in general their offense doesn't put up those gawdy numbers and doesn't pass a lot to do that (yes in part because they don't have great receiving options but also because they are built around the run and great defense).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does Wilson even look for him or is Graham running the wrong routes? I was expecting a decrease in numbers due to the offensive scheme, but I never thought it would be this bad.

I generally prefer to sit rather than stand.

What are we even discussing?

Oh nothing, just finding a good bit of humor in the fact that all these "fantasy vets" jumped down my throat and accused me of freaking out by simply making an observation on Graham's severe under usage in week one. The same under usage that still existed in week 4.

Oh nothing, just finding a good bit of humor in the fact that all these "fantasy vets" jumped down my throat and accused me of freaking out by simply making an observation on Graham's severe under usage in week one. The same under usage that still existed in week 4.

Dude, you were giving up on him halfway through the first game and I'd hardly call what any of the two or three "fantasy vets" (not sure where that even came from) said to you as jumping down your throat. :lol:

Most people thought Graham's production would suffer, just maybe not this much. Still, the season is long from over. He may be able to salvage a little, but he'll never be what he was in NOLA. If someone drafted him hoping for that then they only have themselves to blame. Personally, I stayed far away from him. I knew someone else would take him as a top 3 TE and I wanted no part of that.

• Like 1

Graham looks terrible to me in that offense. I have no idea why I drafted him in the third round. Graham pretends to block on running plays, it's pathetic, he just kind of flails his arms a little and lets the guy by. He looks like a WR, no need to call him a TE, he can't block. Why does Seattle even line him up near the line? Just put him out wide. This puts Seattle in 3rd and long consistently because they can't get the run game going. Then they double Graham on 3rd down and long. But he's not an elite WR where he can still excel against a double team, he doesn't get off the line good. By the time Graham runs 10 yards downfield Wilson is scrambling for his life because that offensive line sucks. I think he'll get about a touchdown every other game if we are lucky, and about 40 yards receiving each game.

Dude, you were giving up on him halfway through the first game and I'd hardly call what any of the two or three "fantasy vets" (not sure where that even came from) said to you as jumping down your throat. :lol:

Most people thought Graham's production would suffer, just maybe not this much. Still, the season is long from over. He may be able to salvage a little, but he'll never be what he was in NOLA. If someone drafted him hoping for that then they only have themselves to blame. Personally, I stayed far away from him. I knew someone else would take him as a top 3 TE and I wanted no part of that.

:shrug:

Graham had been one of my permanent keepers in one of my leagues ... it was painful, but I cut him loose this year. I said it then and reaffirm it now ... Seattle's formula for success has been heavy run and heavy defense and they ranked dead last in TE usage. I don't care how good a TE somebody has been ... when they go to a team like Seattle I couldn't see how the production wouldn't drop off. I expect most agreed his production would drop off ... I just thought it would drop off more substantially than most others.

Before you pat me on the back and tell me how smart I was .. .they guy I kept in his place was CJ Anderson :bash:

• Like 1

By the time Graham runs 10 yards downfield Wilson is scrambling for his life because that offensive line sucks.

That is a big part of it. But I can't figure out why he isn't targeted more when Wilson does have time in the pocket. I still think Graham's will consistently out up better stats later in the season; but my prediction of something lime 80-800-8 is probably too optimistic.

Jimmy Graham was discussed at length on this board in the off-season. Half the people thought Graham would do slightly worse than previously and the other half thought he would do much worse than previously. Except for InTomWeTrust. He stated:

Maybe you should have listened to the "fantasy vets" and not drafted Graham in the first place.

Maybe you and Rajcajn should get a clue and realize I didn't draft him...ever thought about that??

Seattle should just line him up as a WR. Forget keeping him in to block. His lack of blocking ability was never as evident as it was last game.

the thing about SEA offense is that they either run, or 75% of the time, Wilson just scrambles/escapes the rush and the receivers then break routes or run the 9 to give him an out. It is a clusterF. Graham doesn't know how to play that way. It was all "be at this spot at this time" in the NO offense.

I think he'll get it; maybe so late in the season. trade for him in anticipation.

• Like 1

the thing about SEA offense is that they either run, or 75% of the time, Wilson just scrambles/escapes the rush and the receivers then break routes or run the 9 to give him an out. It is a clusterF. Graham doesn't know how to play that way. It was all "be at this spot at this time" in the NO offense.

I think he'll get it; maybe so late in the season. trade for him in anticipation.

I can dig that angle

Maybe you and Rajcajn should get a clue and realize I didn't draft him...ever thought about that??

You were the one who mentioned dropping him. But I don't even see how that's relevant anyway, nothing I said really had anything to do with your fantasy team specifically. :shrug:

• Like 2