[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else starting Matt Jones tonight?

Balzac

And who the heck is Thompson and why is he constantly in and not them?

Idk but he is an incredible receiver. He is the 3rd down back now. This is a full-blown 3 headed monster RBBC. I think Morris is useless from this point forward. Jones is more talented but even he will have a hard time getting enough carries. Add in that the Redskins are the Redskins and I want to trade Jones last week.

Very happy with my players last night, but wow is Kirk Cousins awful. While Jordan Reed had a nice night, Cousins missed him 3 times when Reed was clearly open and twice could have been touchdowns. Cousin leaves a lot of points on the field because he is not accurate and has trouble driving the ball down the field.

I am trying to figure out if RGIII is this bad to lose a spot to this fringe NFL football player. Only thing I can figure is Gruden was going for Cousins' particular style and not talent in that Cousins is more a game manager. The only way this Redskin team will win games is to run the ball and play defense. But as I thought their defense isn't that good and at some point your offense has to make some plays. Jones can do it, but if the passing game shows no capability of pushing the ball down the field that will close up players on top of Jones.

Call it what you want then. Cousins stays in the pocket and keeps most plays underneath. The theory is less chance of turning the ball over. RGIII is less predictable, pushes the ball down the field and the thinking is more prone to mistakes. The Redskins are not a good team, but have some good runners, a big D line that can slow the run so they need to win games just like they won against the Rams and almost won against Miami....shorten the game. Call it game manager or not, but that is exactly what they are doing and Cousins style of staying in the pocket and relying on checkdowns is conducive to that team trying to be competitive.

Edited by kwolf68

Guest Ted Goings

Doesn't help when you basically start the game down 9-0. Hard to get a runing game going when you are trying to play catch up all night, and it's hard to get a passing game going when you can't get a running game going. Not saying that Cousins didn't have a bed night though.

Sometimes you get down 9-0. Big deal. You are not always winning 21-0. Cousins had plays he could have made. If he makes them the Redskins may be 2-1 today. Kirk Cousins is a marginal, fringe NFL QB probably best spot as a 2nd stringer. Last night was terrible...telegraphing passes, missing open receivers, simply not able to make plays to win you games.

Disappointing game but Jones did look very good (despite his limited use - had a very nice series in the 2nd Q but they went away from him after that). That fumble was back-breaking . . . sent me straight back to the bar for another round after witnessing that one. Brutal, but it happens.

The only thing that really concerned me was the usage of that Thompson character. Never heard of him before and I was, apparently stupidly, under the impression that Jones was the 3rd down/passing back - if he's not going to be involved in the passing game it changes things drastically. While I saw him in on several passing plays, all he did was block - I may have missed some but I didn't see him run a single route, drop out into the flat or anything. The kid has hands, so it seems like a total waste to not try to get him the ball in space.

Disappointing game but Jones did look very good (despite his limited use - had a very nice series in the 2nd Q but they went away from him after that). That fumble was back-breaking . . . sent me straight back to the bar for another round after witnessing that one. Brutal, but it happens.

The only thing that really concerned me was the usage of that Thompson character. Never heard of him before and I was, apparently stupidly, under the impression that Jones was the 3rd down/passing back - if he's not going to be involved in the passing game it changes things drastically. While I saw him in on several passing plays, all he did was block - I may have missed some but I didn't see him run a single route, drop out into the flat or anything. The kid has hands, so it seems like a total waste to not try to get him the ball in space.

Could of been punishment to Jones for that fumble. I get that it happens, but it looked like it wasn't as secure as it should have been around traffic.

Could of been punishment to Jones for that fumble. I get that it happens, but it looked like it wasn't as secure as it should have been around traffic.

I hadn't considered that - good point.

it's risky, but i may be in the same boat as you, with ivory being a question mark at this juncture...i think the G-men are going to stack the box and cut off the run, forcing captain kirk to throw, throw, throw and try to replicate those 4 picks he had against them last season... :2cents:

hate to say i told you so, but... LOL don't say i didn't warn ya!

as for chris thompson, he was a 5th round draft pick out of FSU in 2013, where he made the team and played primarily on special teams (returns) until he lost that job - he was placed on IR late in the season, returning in 2014 only to be cut during the final roster cuts...he cleared waivers and was signed to the practice squad, where he was promoted back to the real roster last in 2014...i think the kid actually has some talent, too, but there's not enough room for 3 backs in one backfield...

they mixed him in a little during Wks 1 and 2, but i'm not sure where all of the 3rd down action came from last night...it was out of the blue, and perhaps gruden was trying to get a little too "cute" thinking he was throwing the g-men a curve ball after jones' breakout last week...i don't know, he could have also been punishing him, as someone else pointed out, above...

anyway, i love this kid (jones) to death, and have him on several of my rosters, but there's no way i'm starting him unless/until the RBBC situation clears up, or i'm in DIRE straights due to injury and/or bye weeks...

We want Colt, We want Colt!!

nah, i think Kirk will be fine...everything was working against him this week...short week, away game vs. a divisional rival who was extremely hungry, as they should have been 2-0 going in, but was 0-2 instead...having in the back of his mind, that vs. the g-men last year, he had the worst start (maybe 2nd worst now!) in his career with 4 picks, also on TNF at FedEx, etc...the whole team certainly took a step back last night from Wks 1 and 2, but with 10-days to prepare for another divisional game at home against the floundering Eagles, we should see some more improvement next week (at least i hope! lol)...the only thing i wasn't expecting last night was such a high-scoring game on the G-men's part...i expected it to be a defensive bloodbath, with the Giants coming out on top of a low-scoring game...

I wanted him in a couple of re-drafts put missed out on him, dodged a bullet.

I too had him targeted if I could get him below his ADP as Helu isn't there to vulture any more TDs. Thankfully he was drafted before I ever had the chance to take him. Edited by Shorttynaz

I too had him targeted if I could get him below his ADP as Helu isn't there to vulture any more TDs. Thankfully he was drafted before I ever had the chance to take him.

My main league he went one spot before me, I ended up with Lamar Miller so hardly an improvement so far but probably a better outlook for the year.