[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vetoing a trade?

RLochridge

I am the commissioner of the PPR league listed in my signature it is a paid league as well $20 buy in.

A trade was accepted yesterday that I think is pretty unbalanced in my opinion.

Team A (who made the offer) is trading away Matt Ryan, TY Hilton, and Greg Olsen

to

Team B for Travis Kelce and Darren Sproles

Team A owns Andrew Luck as well so why trade away TY Hilton?

Team B owns Romo so he needs a QB but he is winning by far on this deal with out hardly giving anything up.

He is getting 3 starters and only giving up 1 starter and a bench player.

I waited 24 hours and no one has voted on the trade yet so I am thinking about vetoing the trade.

I also talked to a few friends outside of the league that are serious about fantasy football and they agree the trade is unfair.

Most of the people in this league only set their lineups and that's it they are NOT actively on the league message board or answering league polls or voting on trades. It is like pulling teeth to get full participation from everyone which sucks and it is sad I cant find a good group of people to make the league as fun as possible.

This comes up a lot. I see no reason to veto this trade. TY and Olsen are off to very slow starts, while Kelce and Sproles are doing better. Now Murray may be out so Sproles value climbs. Maybe he wants to get rid of TY because he is dinged up and the Luck/TY combo is killing him. You may think it's an unfair trade but it's not your place to tell people how to run their team. I don't mean that to sound harsh, so don't take it that way. I think you will find that most everyone else that responds will agree with me.

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2

Since when does a commish have the right to determine what an owner should be doing with his players. Just because he has a QB and WR on the same team does not mean he cannot trade one of them. Is it a requirement that you have this? Unless there is collusion then the trade should go through.

• Like 2

You should only veto trades if collusion is going on. Just because in your mind this isn't 100% balanced doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. So far hilton has been hurt and hasnt really produced. He needs a starting qb in Matt ryan. I mean thus trade doesn't seem that far off, yes one player is getting a better deal, but this could be helping out both players.

I never told anyone how to run their team and how would I truly know if collusion is going on or not?

I was just trying to get an unbiased opinion outside of the league

The trade is 3 players that would be every week starters on any team in the league for 1 starter and a bench player who is only currently owned in 64% of leagues.

Kelce and Olsen are pretty much even so they cancel each other out so they guy is getting TY and Matt Ryan for Sproles...just doesn't sound fair to me but wanted to hear other opinions.

Your job as commissioner is to make sure there is no collusion and THATS IT. Collusion is trading away studs for duds. Sproles holds more value now than he did before as Murray has a bad wheel, and Kelce is right behind Gronk as the best TE in the league. So he's overpaying for Kelce - certainly not up to the commissioner to put 'his' value on the players involved and veto it.

• Like 1

I never told anyone how to run their team and how would I truly know if collusion is going on or not?

I was just trying to get an unbiased opinion outside of the league

The trade is 3 players that would be every week starters on any team in the league for 1 starter and a bench player who is only currently owned in 64% of leagues.

Kelce and Olsen are pretty much even so they cancel each other out so they guy is getting TY and Matt Ryan for Sproles...just doesn't sound fair to me but wanted to hear other opinions.

It's not your team though, without actually saying it you're implying that everyone should value players the same as you. There is nothing wrong with this trade if that's what the owners want to do.

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

It's not your team though, basically what you're saying is everyone in your league should value players the same as you. And that if you don't like the trade then it shouldn't be allowed. There is nothing wrong with this trade if that's what the owners want to do.

Maybe I should've asked would yall make this trade if you were receiving kelce and sproles for ryan, TY and Olsen instead of asking if it was a fair trade?

So would anyone make this trade?

If the majority wouldn't make that trade then obviously it is unbalanced.

Maybe I should've asked would yall make this trade if you were receiving kelce and sproles for ryan, TY and Olsen instead of asking if it was a fair trade?

It may be unbalanced but that is not the point. You asked if the trade should be vetoed, and the answer is no. Collusion is the only reason to veto a trade and believe me you will know if that happens. Not all trades are perfectly fair and balanced. It doesn't matter why these 2 are making the trade, it's their teams and if they want to overpay for someone they can do that. The fun of fantasy football is managing your team. There is no rule against being bad at it

no, I wouldn't

It may be unbalanced, but that's not the point. Its not the job of a commish to impart their opionion or subjective assessment of player value on other peoples trades. If all the managers involved believe it to be a fair trade and there is no hanky panky, then its good to go. Value is subjective, approve and move on.

Edited by slambo
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter if it's unbalanced or not. That's not your decision to make. It's not collusion. It's not like one team is trading away Ryan, Hilton, and Olsen for Ray Rice, and Reggie Wayne (two players not even in the league anymore). If I were a part of this trade and I agreed to it with the other manager in the trade, and then the commissioner stepped in and vetoed it, I would immediately ask for my money back and let you as the commish pick up the pieces..

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice I've never been the commish before in 7 years I have played fantasy football. I didn't know what the veto etiquette was especially in a league where no one hardly responds to anything. I wanted to see what yall thought about it.

No doubt, I only veto a trade if I can prove collusion and the most common form of collusion is "borrowing players"....It rarely happens, but it is the most common form of cheating if there is one....

I always place a rule that the players involved in a trade between two teams can not be traded back to the team they were traded from for 3 weeks....I have considered bumping it down to two, but three feels about right...

2 weeks have gone by, ppr, Olsen is down a little, he is going to get his targets, Ryan has Julio, and TY is the number 1 there and the Colts will pick it up. Heck, all the web sites still have Luck being the QB1 at the end of the season. Giving up 3 front line players for 1 front line player and a back up, with some upside. My league would have vetoed that in a heart beat!