[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vetoing a trade?

RLochridge

2 weeks have gone by, ppr, Olsen is down a little, he is going to get his targets, Ryan has Julio, and TY is the number 1 there and the Colts will pick it up. Heck, all the web sites still have Luck being the QB1 at the end of the season. Giving up 3 front line players for 1 front line player and a back up, with some upside. My league would have vetoed that in a heart beat!

So your league votes on approving trades then? Oh dear...

Thank you Returntosender! unfortunately the people in this league suck at responding to league emails or on the message board and trade voting. I could hardly get them to sign up. FYI this is a work league that I put together for fun but its not that fun when most of the league is minimally involved.

Our League does after one horrible fleecing 6 years ago, 12 members 8 have to veto it for it to be declined.

The only thing worse then having a commissioner put his own perception and bias of a trade into an approval decision is having an entire league of players doing it.

No collusion = trade approved.

You can't veto stupid. Why ask for advice and then say you don't like our advice?

There are sometimes threads asking for other's opinions but they really want to the respondants to comfirm the OP's opinion and then get indigent if they disagree with the OP.

• Like 3

It's a horrendous trade giving up TY, Ryan and Olsen for Kelce and Sproles?????

It is a bad trade - but that's not the issue. Although not 100% one sided, two managers agreed on it - there is no obvious collusion involved, yet the trade is being held up or not approved due to another "manager" (who happens to be commissioner) doesn't agree with the way these players are being valued.. It's not your duty to make sure every trade is equally balanced. If that happened, there would rarely be trades in FF.

Thank you Returntosender! unfortunately the people in this league suck at responding to league emails or on the message board and trade voting. I could hardly get them to sign up. FYI this is a work league that I put together for fun but its not that fun when most of the league is minimally involved.

Trade voting - another ishtty way of making sure trades are approved. You're going to have several managers vote against it just because someone is improving their team and it's not them. The more I look at this - the better off I feel about the leagues I play in. This kind of cheesedick stuff happened in my leagues, I'd be looking for new ones..

and I guarantee not one person that chimed in would make that trade if they were receiving kelce and sproles for ryan, ty and olsen.

You're probably right. However, this happens a lot in work leagues that are typically comprised of 20-50% FF vets that know what they're doing and the rest being FF noob's recruited to fill the league and told they're gonna have big fun playing.

I never told anyone how to run their team and how would I truly know if collusion is going on or not?

I was just trying to get an unbiased opinion outside of the league

The trade is 3 players that would be every week starters on any team in the league for 1 starter and a bench player who is only currently owned in 64% of leagues.

Kelce and Olsen are pretty much even so they cancel each other out so they guy is getting TY and Matt Ryan for Sproles...just doesn't sound fair to me but wanted to hear other opinions.

That's a patently false statement.... the guy giving up Ryan has Luck, so Ryan likely only starts on Luck's bye week.

And to reiterate what just about everyone else has said, this is far from a vetoable trade.

and I guarantee not one person that chimed in would make that trade if they were receiving kelce and sproles for ryan, ty and olsen.

as others have pointed out, which appears to have been lost, it's not the commissioner's responsibility to determine whether a trade is "unbalanced" or not...player values are largely subjective (not 100%, but largely), plus each owner values his (and other's) players differently, plus can even fluctuate from week-to-week...also, although appearing unbalanced, a trade may still help both owners, depending upon their roster make-up...the commissioner's role is to determine whether there was collusion involved in the trade...if it passes that test, then the trade should go though, period.

this case sounds like sour grapes to me...plain and simple...

The thing about fantasy football is we all have our own opinions of player values, and sometimes those opinions vary widely on the same player. Who are you to decide your opinion on player values has any more merit than any other owner's opinion? You do realize that is what you are doing when you veto their trade - telling them that your opinion on player values is more valid then theirs and based on your opinion you are not going to allow the trade.

Furthermore, trades don't always have to be balanced. The point of a trade is that both owners feel like they are improving their teams. If I have the top 2 QBs in the league but can only start 1 of them each week and I my only WR is Dez Bryant than my team just took a big hit. You might find me trading one of my QBs for a sub par WR not because I am getting value for value but because I am improving the overall value of my team. Who are you to tell me I can't improve my team in this fashion?

Vetoes should not be allowed unless collusion can be proven. If you veto my trade it is the last year I am in your league.

• Like 4

when did I say I didn't like anyones advice?

and I wasn't looking for approval.

that is a matter of opinion....

today I watched a trade (which I thought was fair even though I preferred one side) ...it was Kelce, ODB and Crowell for Julio and Marshall.....someone said the person who got ODB, Kelce and Crowell was robbed, but I thought that if anything it was the other way around and the person getting 3 players should have been the one giving up 3...but :shrug: that is why evereyone has their own perception of value...

When you choose to veto my trade you are choosing to manage my team for me. I might be more receptive to you managing my team if you paid my entry fee, but then why would I bother playing if you are managing my team for me?

If you veto my trade because you believe your opinion on valuation of players is more valid than mine and it turns out you were wrong will you pay restitution? You can't very well go back and change results, but because you were high-handed and single-handedly damaged my ability to compete for the championship you should match the kitty and write me a check. If you aren't willing to compensate me in this manner when you guess wrong about my trade then you should stay out of my business.

• Like 1

when did I say I didn't like anyones advice?

and I wasn't looking for approval.

TY is overrated, hurt, and about to be overtaken by Moncrief. Olsen I like but has underperformed thus far and is trapped in an anemic offense. Ryan is a QB which makes him completely expendable outside of 2QB or superflex formats.

Kelce is the most valuable player in the trade and Sproles is a decent throw in flex guy.

Give me the Kelce side.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

No veto period... Your job is to hold money make sure league is paid out at end of season and make sure there is no collusion happening. Trades always look lopsided to those who are not involved because it helps you out in no way. Sit back relax and watch the trade even itself out over the season. And if it doesn't then hell someone made a great trade