[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan Reed

InTomWeTrust

Seems to have amazing potential. They go to him often (26 targets in 3 games). Here are my concerns though:

1. Will RG3 target Reed this often once Cousins gets benched for throwing interceptions?

2. Can he actually stay healthy?

3. Will the targets remain plentiful once Djax returns?

All legit concerns. But I can tell you this. I am going to keep starting him over Greg Olson unless something changes.

Reed is your #2 tight-end in fantasy IF...

-he can stay healthy

-his idiot QBs can get him the ball

Even with his maddening injury history I had him marked on my list at my draft as a "must have". His potential is limited by his QB play, but even in a cruddy game from his QB last night Reed still got 6 for 90. And I would not worry when Jackson comes back at all. They are not completing all 20 passes to a homerun threat. Jackson isn't even a big target hog. What Jackson will give you is the homerun...the 4-100-1 touch game. There is still a lot on the table for Reed and with Jackson there to open up the space maybe more.

I'd get Reed if I could, but I think if your owner has Reed he knows what he has and probably doesn't want to trade away that amazing potential. Not sure what TE (other than Gronk) I'd want over him right now. The guy was getting separation all night...the points are there for the taking.

1. Will RG3 target Reed this often once Cousins gets benched for throwing interceptions?

Pretty sure they'll start Colt over RGIII. He will not see the field again this year unless both in front of him get hurt and/or until Gruden is fired.

Reed has never stayed healthy I would trade high. Most saw him in action last night and now they want him. You could do well in trading him NOW.

This is poor advice unless you know the factors of the team you demand him to be traded.

What can you get for Reed? If everyone thinks like you then there is no market for him, or a limited one.

If you trade Reed what is your tight-end option? If you have say Eifert then sure, trade Reed.

There are too many factors at play to say flat out trade him or not to trade him. And while his injury history is a concern, I still believe you can win with players like that, who have great potential that put their injury concerns behind them. In fact, because some are scared off by these players it allows owners like me to scoop them up. And I've done well using that strategy. I do also realize this is a style of managing a team. I am not at all afraid of injured or injury prone players while others don't like these guys and are afraid of what "may" happen. Me? I want great players on my team who can fill up the stat sheet. YES, at a certain point even I cut bait, but as you can see from having Reed and J.Cameron on my team I manage aggressively.

Hell, Gronk has missed plenty of time over the years with injuries, then there are those times he is healthy. I am not saying to NOT trade Reed, but I wouldn't say to trade him either. It really depends on your situation. Simply trading him just because he is "injury prone" is terrible advice. Trade him if you need an upgrade elsewhere and you have depth. Would you trade him for Garret Graham, even though Graham is not "injury prone"? Also, is Julius Thomas NOW injury prone because he suffered an injury this year? Thus we can quit drafting him?

And further last night was NOT encouraging at all. What I saw (as a Reed owner) is Jordan's upside is limited not by his injury history but by a QB incapable of getting him the ball consistently. NO, last night was NOT a reason to pickup Reed. Hell, it was a reason to shop him. If Tom Brady was QB'ing last night, Reed would have been 9-160 with 2 touchdowns. There is your problem.

Edited by kwolf68

If Tom Brady was QB'ing last night, Reed would have been 9-160 with 2 touchdowns. There is your problem.

Certainly that is frustrating and true. But to me, it's about targets and volume. Reed is averaging 9 targets per game. That alone makes him a top 5 TE, regardless of QB.

I drafted Olson and picked up Reed off waivers last week. And while I think there is trade value in a TE that's getting 9 targets per week, I am very tempted to keep them both and play the match ups.

RG3 will never play another down for the Redskins, unless he is forced to, by default (i.e., both Cousins and McCoy go down with an injury)...his train officially left the station following the pre-season Game 2 vs. the Lions (maybe even sooner)...

back on topic, though, Reed is an excellent TE1 option (when healthy), regardless of who the starting QB might be...he was underthrown repeatedly last night, but he'll continue to get the majority of looks going forward, even when D-Jax returns...this offense is still growing and trying to gel...the o-line played out of their minds against the Dolphins and Rams, but took a step back last night...young players, growing pains...Callahan is the real deal (just ask those in Big D) and will have them whipped into shape sooner, than later (IMO)...

• Like 1

RG3 will never play another down for the Redskins, unless he is forced to, by default (i.e., both Cousins and McCoy go down with an injury)...his train officially left the station following the pre-season Game 2 vs. the Lions (maybe even sooner)...

back on topic, though, Reed is an excellent TE1 option (when healthy), regardless of who the starting QB might be...he was underthrown repeatedly last night, but he'll continue to get the majority of looks going forward, even when D-Jax returns...this offense is still growing and trying to gel...the o-line played out of their minds against the Dolphins and Rams, but took a step back last night...young players, growing pains...Callahan is the real deal (just ask those in Big D) and will have them whipped into shape sooner, than later (IMO)...

You do know that Colt Mccoy gives the Skins the better chance though right? Check back in on MNF Last year.. hes a gun slinger that plays with real heart and puts it all on the field.. still waiting for gruden to check in on the skins checking him in.

You do know that Colt Mccoy gives the Skins the better chance though right? Check back in on MNF Last year.. hes a gun slinger that plays with real heart and puts it all on the field.. still waiting for gruden to check in on the skins checking him in.

I'm waiting for you to check in to the loony bin. :busted:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, having incurred (at least) 5 concussions dating back to his days as a Gator, doesn't seem to bode well for the rest of this season, or quite frankly his future (IMO)...he needs to take care of that eggshell he's got sitting on top of his neck...