[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael Getting His Shot?

DaFreak

like is said, IMO it's a bunch of "coach-speak"...I'm not buying into it in this instance, given all of the surrounding circumstances...4-headed RBBC, Seahawks letting him go for a conditional 7th round pick, etc...if the Cowboys really thought they had a need at RB (unlike all of the fans and media does), they would've either 1) not let Murray walk, or 2) drafted a blue chip replacement last spring...however, if it works out for you guys who are taking a flyer on him, that's great! good luck!

all of my speculative adds are currently tied-up in Karlos Williams, so I really don't have any open spots at this time...

Good info here.

Randle did more to get himself sat down then more carries. He went totally soft when they needed him to grind out some tough yards for Weeden. He missed the hole on few carries and ran right into Justin Durant on a play that should have went around the edge and out the gate. We will see DMC get his chance to start and play Randle's role before Christine. As of now pass protection is more important then speculative running opportunities. Christine has yet to show he can pass protect in our scheme so they need to see that first.

DMC is far and away the best short yardage back that runs with power and decisiveness. I can't wait to see him get the lion share of carries. When he gets his chance, I can see him never looking back and Randle coming in for relief which is what he is.

DMC is a porcelain tea cup that will shatter with heavy use.

Sorry, I have to chime in. All the hype surrounding him last year made me laugh. People were taking this guy in rounds 10 -12, based on hype that I never bought into. I was reading and hearing here locally about how he would never see the field here in Seattle because he has nothing between the ears. Cant pass protect, fumbles ALOT, and just couldn't "get it". He then proceeds to be active for only 3 games or so all year, with very little use. Now dont get me wrong, he can run the ball well and looks explosive. That is why the Hawks took him when they did. Then this preseason comes along, his third year in the system, still has the fumbles and still cant pass protect. He couldn't grab the back up role during any point of his time in Seattle and actually couldn't even grab the third string role. Then he gets shipped to Dallas and the hype train gets its steam engine rolling again. Of course the coaches will take a look, but they will find out exactly the same thing the Seahawks found out. Likely the coaches are talking him up to motivate Randle and get the competitive juices flowing. However, there is no way he passes three decently competent backs to carve out any sort of useable fantasy value this year. I wont waste ANY roster spot on him. The hype train will die down again in three weeks, once people finally realize hes not going to do anything, and drop his azz. Then the train will start its engines all over again next preseason.

• Like 2

DMC is a porcelain tea cup that will shatter with heavy use.

They said the same thing about Murray. He made it through all of last year with no O line and getting pounded week in and week out in Oakland. If he was a porcelain as you claim, he would have never made it through 16 games last year taking the hits he did week in and week out. He's issue was having to play through a Toe issue for the first part of his career that they never let heal, which cause him to over compensate for it causing pulls and strains. Kind of like Crabtree in SF. When you are a high pick on a bad team, they expect you to play through stuff which never lets a guy get fully recovered.

I am really not worried about him getting injured as he is now seasoned and NFL hardened. We'll see but I still say DMC is our starter eventually and has a very good year running the rock. I am pulling for him.

Sorry, I have to chime in. All the hype surrounding him last year made me laugh. People were taking this guy in rounds 10 -12, based on hype that I never bought into. I was reading and hearing here locally about how he would never see the field here in Seattle because he has nothing between the ears. Cant pass protect, fumbles ALOT, and just couldn't "get it". He then proceeds to be active for only 3 games or so all year, with very little use. Now dont get me wrong, he can run the ball well and looks explosive. That is why the Hawks took him when they did. Then this preseason comes along, his third year in the system, still has the fumbles and still cant pass protect. He couldn't grab the back up role during any point of his time in Seattle and actually couldn't even grab the third string role. Then he gets shipped to Dallas and the hype train gets its steam engine rolling again. Of course the coaches will take a look, but they will find out exactly the same thing the Seahawks found out. Likely the coaches are talking him up to motivate Randle and get the competitive juices flowing. However, there is no way he passes three decently competent backs to carve out any sort of useable fantasy value this year. I wont waste ANY roster spot on him. The hype train will die down again in three weeks, once people finally realize hes not going to do anything, and drop his azz. Then the train will start its engines all over again next preseason.

Exactly, give me a break. Seattle gave the guy every opportunity and Lou Rawls beat him out.

Update... Christine got a lot of work on Wed with the first team, then back to the 2nd team the next day and now probably inactive for the game. The talk is that he's inconsistent and the same things Seattle saw that caused them to be willing to let him go. Flashes and wows then misses a block or hits the wrong hole on the next play. So it looks like he's got some way to go before even becoming active let alone seeing the field. Looks like a project back who picks up things on the slow side.

. All the hype surrounding him last year made me laugh.

They hype train on this guy has been sky high since he was a rookie. Now It's at the point where his supporters are becoming a bit delusional. Similar to Cowboyz1 thinking Dmac will somehow become an NFL hardened bell cow.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Just so we're all clear, we're simply talking about "adding" the guy to our bench. Some of you guys are acting as if we're saying to fire him up this weekend. The bottom line is, if you were lucky enough to pick up CJA and/or OBJ before anyone else last year, you probably won your league. This is about catching lightening in a bottle. If it doesn't pan out, then, well, I guess I won't be seeing anymore of my WR6 Devin Funchess' potential. :shrug:

Just so we're all clear, we're simply talking about "adding" the guy to our bench. Some of you guys are acting as if we're saying to fire him up this weekend. The bottom line is, if you were lucky enough to pick up CJA and/or OBJ before anyone else last year, you probably won your league. This is about catching lightening in a bottle. If it doesn't pan out, then, well, I guess I won't be seeing anymore of my WR6 Devin Funchess' potential. :shrug:

you're wasting your breath

Just so we're all clear, we're simply talking about "adding" the guy to our bench. Some of you guys are acting as if we're saying to fire him up this weekend.

No. We are all aware of that; at least I am. As the season goes on there have been a couple RBs that recently and clearly look they are on the cusp of having FF value; barring a single injury and/or single setback for a singular player in front of the (i.e...Rawls). Many of us prefer to put stock in adding those type of guys to our bench instead of a guy who is 'in the mix to possibly be active' and buried behind 3 other RBs on the depth chart.

Michael is probably the most hyped career game day inactive RB in recent history, if not, all time. It's going on 2+ years now. So, that is probably why some of us are skeptical.

like is said, IMO it's a bunch of "coach-speak"...I'm not buying into it in this instance, given all of the surrounding circumstances...4-headed RBBC, Seahawks letting him go for a conditional 7th round pick, etc...if the Cowboys really thought they had a need at RB (unlike all of the fans and media does), they would've either 1) not let Murray walk, or 2) drafted a blue chip replacement last spring...however, if it works out for you guys who are taking a flyer on him, that's great! good luck!

all of my speculative adds are currently tied-up in Karlos Williams, so I really don't have any open spots at this time...

Picked him up Week 1 too....

the OP was a post from rotoworld which indicated, per typical "coach-speak," that he was "in the mix to be active" this week...to me this means nothing, but to some, I say have at it...go for it...I personally am not going to drop anyone to pick him up at this time, but if you think you have the foresight that no one else does, more power to you (and, I think I've reiterated that several times throughout this thread)...however, I was not aware (until this thread) that he has a reputation of being such a rock head, that he couldn't pick-up the scheme in Seattle for 3 years, and still cannot consistently find the right hole to hit (in any scheme), so I'm inclined to say, more than ever, "no thanks"...just sayin'...but, again, best of luck to any of you who do find success with him...

Can we make a handful of different threads dedicated to other 4th string RBs as well? Raheem Mostert and Terrence Magee need some love too!

Can we make a handful of different threads dedicated to other 4th string RBs as well? Raheem Mostert and Terrence Magee need some love too!

are they "in the mix to be active" this week? if not, then no... :kicksrock:

Edited by the outlaw

Obviously people can stash whomever they want on their roster as I can with mine, do whatever you want.

My point was that I think people are seeing potential where there is none, essentially wasting a roster spot on their squad for Michael ... which is certainly their prerogative.

For some reason some believe that the fact that Dallas traded for him (a whole conditional 7th round pick) somehow imbues him with value. The fact that he is in his 3rd year and couldn't beat out a rookie on Seattle is ignored. The thought that Seattle didn't know what they had and all he needed was to be traded to a team with an O-Line like Dallas has is silly.

Barring an injury AT BEST he just becomes the 4th back in the rotation which doesn't make him worth a spot but would make him an albatross to the backs already there.

I laugh because before the trade all the buzz was that DMC was going to take over ... now it is Michael. I welcome somebody in all my leagues rostering Michael because it leaves somebody else out there for me.

• Like 1

Update... Christine got a lot of work on Wed with the first team, then back to the 2nd team the next day and now probably inactive for the game. The talk is that he's inconsistent and the same things Seattle saw that caused them to be willing to let him go. Flashes and wows then misses a block or hits the wrong hole on the next play. So it looks like he's got some way to go before even becoming active let alone seeing the field. Looks like a project back who picks up things on the slow side.

By the time he is active and in the mix there will be another 5-10 better RB prospects to grab and stash. I've got a lot of guys like that anyway (Sproles, Dunbar, Woodhead). But if I didn't guys like Rawls and Andrews would have been on my radar this week, not this guy.

Were those guys picked up while not even on the active roster and behind 3 other players who had been in camp and prepared to play a role? Last year I signed Latavius Murray off waivers at one point, he then played well and turned into a RB keeper for this year and hopefully the future. This move is just so much further down as a speculative stash that its that much less likely to pan out. But like any other roster decision, if you think he has value and want him before others try for him then I guess you need to sign him now when few others are interested.

I did something similar with Gates, he went undrafted and I figured with him coming off his susension in week 5 people would be looking at him this week. So Saturday with no Sefarian Jenkins on my roster and out for weeks (Cameron my other TE) I dropped ASF for Gates. Had I waited until this week I may have missed him.

Obviously people can stash whomever they want on their roster as I can with mine, do whatever you want.

My point was that I think people are seeing potential where there is none, essentially wasting a roster spot on their squad for Michael ... which is certainly their prerogative.

For some reason some believe that the fact that Dallas traded for him (a whole conditional 7th round pick) somehow imbues him with value. The fact that he is in his 3rd year and couldn't beat out a rookie on Seattle is ignored. The thought that Seattle didn't know what they had and all he needed was to be traded to a team with an O-Line like Dallas has is silly.

Barring an injury AT BEST he just becomes the 4th back in the rotation which doesn't make him worth a spot but would make him an albatross to the backs already there.

I laugh because before the trade all the buzz was that DMC was going to take over ... now it is Michael. I welcome somebody in all my leagues rostering Michael because it leaves somebody else out there for me.

It never had to do with anything for me other than The fact that I think he has a shot to produce behind an elite offensive line....

At this point it is looking like a longshot if he only managed to see 1st team reps for a single day....

But I am still keeping an eye out because that offense should be able to produce fantasy gold down the stretch....

And I would also like to add that Seattle could have cut him and I would still have felt the same way....the 7th rounder has no bearing which way or the other for me...

• Like 1

I suppose the first team reps go along with the coach speak too, just boost his confidence a little? How many other 4th stringers get that kind of treatment?

I of course could be completely wrong on the guy but I doubt it. :fool: