[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "I had Devonta Freeman" thread.

Inziladun

No Freeman for me, as he looked totally unimpressive last year (and the first couple games of this year as well). Not sure what he started taking, but it's working. :tup:

No Freeman for me, as he looked totally unimpressive last year (and the first couple games of this year as well). Not sure what he started taking, but it's working. :tup:

I said that Freeman would be a bust. And maybe he would have been if Coleman hadn't got hurt. :angry:

• Like 1

Drafted 9th rd. Dropped him Sept 11 for Cameron Artis-Payne after he dinged himself. Everyone said he didn't show anything last year and the rookie would win the job this year.

Edited by MothAudio

Don't own him in a single one of my dynasty leagues, unfortunately. Tried to trade up to snag him in a couple of rookie drafts last year, but it didn't work out.

In redraft/keeper leagues, however, I drafted him in 8 out of 10 leagues this year. Not sure why, other than I like taking backs that appear to be in a position of opportunity. In his case, two things led me to believe he had some (opportunity).... Atlanta has a pretty good all-around offense (and Ryan, Jones, etc. are only getting better), and I'm never quite sold on rookie backs winning jobs outright.

Now, I think I was pretty much wrong on the second part (Coleman appeared to be on his way to securing the lead back role, prior to getting hurt). But, FF is a fickle game, and Freeman's ADP (compared to Coleman's) looked like a risk worth taking, regardless of which one was anointed the "lead back" title. I figured, worst case, he's a 3rd down back on a really good offense that will be in the red zone a ton. Best case, he wins the job (or in this case, Coleman gets dinged up). Somewhere in the middle, between best and worst case, I figured they would share time/touches.

The season is still young, but I'm happy so far. Week 1 was brutal (lost 80% of my leagues). Week 2 was about 50/50. Last week, I won more than I lost (despite leaving Freeman on my bench in a couple of those 8 leagues). This week, I turned it around and won about 75%. Mostly thanks to Freeman... He had to have single-handedly won at least 3 or 4 for me.

Mostly thanks to Freeman Falcons' offensive line... He had They have to have single-handedly won at least 3 or 4 for me.

Fixed. I think Coleman is the better talent, but this offensive line is clicking and making Freeman look better than he is.

Edited by electricrelish

picked him up off waivers ...started him week 3... traded him for DThomas

could've used his points yesterday but very happy with the deal

You mean DThomas as in Demaryius, or are you playing in an IDP league in the late 90's that allows trading across the spacetime continuum???

Either way...good (the really bad word)ing trade!

I am trying to pry Coleman from an owner in a dynasty league. I think Freeman will eventually fall to earth and Coleman will start to eat at his carries.

By the end of the season, Coleman will be the lead dog with Freeman the #2. If Coleman is healthy.

Sadly, that owner feels the same as me.

I feel the same way! Coleman will take it back, just a matter of time. He is the more skilled back IMHO.

I am trying to pry Coleman from an owner in a dynasty league. I think Freeman will eventually fall to earth and Coleman will start to eat at his carries.

By the end of the season, Coleman will be the lead dog with Freeman the #2. If Coleman is healthy.

Sadly, that owner feels the same as me.

First post, but over 25 years of Fantasy football experience. Have always read this forum, but decided to finally start posting. In any event, fantasy football (any "fantasy" sport) is ebb and flow. It is never static. Things change. Coleman well may become the guy, but if you, we, watch, WE will know. Stay ahead of the competition. You all know this. I am hanging onto Freeman. I think Devonta has a real good grip on this job. He has earned it, and the Falcons (by their comments), realize it. He's only in his second year and it has really been his first crack at the lead role. Just my opinion. Hail.

• Like 1

To lay it all on the OL would be wrong as this guy is seeing his spots with no hesitation and punishing people.

I was watching him run today and he is quick to the whole with quick feet. I thought he was quite impressive. The O-line is nothing special, but his feet are so quick.