[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Karlos Williams in Concussion Protocol....ughhhhhhhh

the outlaw

:reporter: symptoms didn't appear until Monday night...ughhhhh, need to start looking for Plan C or maybe even D with bye weeks starting to come fast and furious...

per rotoworld.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10532/karlos-williams

:kicksrock:

Guest Ted Goings

I appreciate that concussions are bad, blah, blah, blah. I hate that the words "concussion protocol" are used in the same sentence. These teams are making so much money that the safest equippment and the best doctors are standard. Every player is making at least a half a million a year, and still they cry about a headache. We will never see another Ronnie Lott, Lawrence Taylor, or Steve Atwater, and Ray Nitschke is laughing at all of you.

Edited by Ted Goings

I appreciate that concussions are bad, blah, blah, blah. I hate that the words "concussion protocol" are used in the same sentence. These teams are making so much money that the safest equippment and the best doctors are standard. Every player is making at least a half a million a year, and still they cry about a headache. We will never see another Ronnie Lott, Lawrence Taylor, or Steve Atwater, and Ray Nitschke is laughing at all of you.

you now have the "concussion protocol" and conservative, protective rules put in place to try to and prevent those freight train-like, violent collisions because of all of those old-timer's who now have mush for brains, and whose families are suing the NFL...the owners do not like to part with their precious $$$...

I hate people who whine about the old days and cry about this kind of stuff. Watch MMA if you want to see pure violence. The average NFL player today laughs at people like you on their couch calling them out for not playing after getting knocked out.

A concussion occurs when you are hit hard enough that the brain violently collides with the inside of skull causing trauma to soft brain tissue. So really there is no amount of protective gear that can prevent concussions. If you put an egg inside a jar of water and violently shake the jar what happens to the egg? Now if you wrap the jar in bubble wrap and violently shake the jar what happens to the egg? Helmets and the like protect the skull itself and can disperse the force of the impact ... but in the end when somebody's head is violently snapped in one direction or another or makes violent contact with the ground there is nothing we can do to prevent the brain from bouncing off the inside of the skull.

Furthermore, the negative effects of concussions are progressive so with each concussion it is easier to do more damage to the brain with the same amount of force.

Personally I think these athletes are crazy to risk their health and mental facilities after they start having problems with concussions.

Because I generally refrain from name calling in public forums like this ... I won't say what I think of you for your attitude towards the health and mental facilities of these guys.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 2

Guest Ted Goings

A concussion occurs when you are hit hard enough that the brain violently collides with the inside of skull causing trauma to soft brain tissue. So really there is no amount of protective gear that can prevent concussions. If you put an egg inside a jar of water and violently shake the jar what happens to the egg? Now if you wrap the jar in bubble wrap and violently shake the jar what happens to the egg? Helmets and the like protect the skull itself and can disperse the force of the impact ... but in the end when somebody's head is violently snapped in one direction or another or makes violent contact with the ground there is nothing we can do to prevent the brain from bouncing off the inside of the skull.

Furthermore, the negative effects of concussions are progressive so with each concussion it is easier to do more damage to the brain with the same amount of force.

Personally I think these athletes are crazy to risk their health and mental facilities after they start having problems with concussions.

Because I generally refrain from name calling in public forums like this ... I won't say what I think of you for your attitude towards the health and mental facilities of these guys.

Fair enough. For the record, I give you full permission to call me any name you would like.

My feeling is that these guys are getting paid. I got my first concussion in the 7th grade. So did they. They know the risks and do it because they make millions of dollars to play a game. To know that, and to still play, they have made the decision that the money now is worth the risk of having issues later in life.

I played defense. I love defense. It is so much better being the guy laying on the hit than the guy getting hit. The skill players on offense get all the glory and all the endorsement money, and now they are also getting all the protection because the owners are scared to face lawsuits. The game is watered down, and it makes me sick to my stomach to watch the hoops that the defense has to jump through to protect the guys making the most money.

I realize that you disagree, and that is ok. It is a good thing that someone thinks more about the safety of the players than the quality of the game. I don't though. I think that there had better be some concussions, or someone isn't doing their job.

Edited by Ted Goings