[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moving advice questions to the proper forum .....

doobwaa

Few things are as reliable. But most honestly don't mean to put it in the wrong place.

Most honestly just don't give a Civic. They will just post it wherever they want. At least get rid of the residual link to them so they don't clutter it up. Almost 1/2 the threads today are advice. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

When I first joined these forums I saw the forum names to be a little misleading. The 'Fantasy Football' forum is for chit chat about players around the league and, well - anything to do with the NFL. The 'advice' forum is properly named, but it's below the forum titled 'Fantasy Football'. I can see how noobs get it mixed up - not sure how to fix it though other than renaming this forum - but I don't think that's necessary. Those of us who come here on a regular basis know the difference..

Most honestly just don't give a Civic. They will just post it wherever they want. At least get rid of the residual link to them so they don't clutter it up. Almost 1/2 the threads today are advice. It's ridiculous.

I agree with this. When moved, get rid of the '<--' and the thread title.

I always thought they should delete them instead of move them ... there really is no penalty to posting them here ... you might get a response or you might not and eventually it gets moved to the Advice forum.

I think if they were deleted you would find less of them hitting this forum because people would realize that posting here means you might as well not post them.

• Like 3

I agree with this. When moved, get rid of the '<--' and the thread title.

Instructed to do it that way otherwise the newbies would complain that their posts are unfairly being deleted.

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

I always thought they should delete them instead of move them ... there really is no penalty to posting them here ... you might get a response or you might not and eventually it gets moved to the Advice forum.

I think if they were deleted you would find less of them hitting this forum because people would realize that posting here means you might as well not post them.

agree

Here's another tip stop responding to their posts, not even with snide remarks or "wrong forum" as it only helps to keep that thread more active. I'm guilty of the latter and will try to stop.

I agree it would be nice if the old thread disappeared from this forum after being moved, or if it was deleted completely. But DMD makes the rules not us.

I think many newer members just don't care, they post wherever. Some also feel the need to start new posts because they don't want to waste their time looking for a similar one to add to. Or because their question or poll is so special and unique.

The problem with just deleting it from the main forum and not linking to the advice one is that it often encourages people to repost their question if they do not understand the different forums. I always leave the link to let them know it is the wrong forum and where it went. I sometimes fantasize that it shows others the correct path before they post here incorrectly.

• Like 1

The problem with just deleting it from the main forum and not linking to the advice one is that it often encourages people to repost their question if they do not understand the different forums. I always leave the link to let them know it is the wrong forum and where it went. I sometimes fantasize that it shows others the correct path before they post here incorrectly.

LOL .. that is a fantasy

I think some of the smarter ones might just post them in the main forum to see what kind of response they can get here before the thread is moved. It is the best of both worlds for them ... they could get response from the main forum until the thread is moved to the advice forum where they can get more response.

Really it is the best of both worlds for them to post it in the main forum.

Just change the name to " Blow Hard Forum" or "Grits Personal Playground", lets make it a contest, NAME the Fantasy Football Forum? I bet, if not funny, it will be a good thread?

This would be fun. :tup:

This is a pleasant fiction.

Here's another tip stop responding to their posts, not even with snide remarks or "wrong forum" as it only helps to keep that thread more active. I'm guilty of the latter and will try to stop.

Similiar to spam posts. They want attention and replies only bumps it to the top of the page.

Just report / ignore.