[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2-2 team with underachievers. What to do?

Koeniky

I think my squad is solid, but I have some underachievers that make me insecure. My team is currently averaging about 90 points/week, in standart ESPN league (with 6 point TDs). I have Gates and Gurley starting to tune up and not sure if I should be patient, or try to swing a trade.

90 points a week is pitiful, especially with 5 point bonuses for 100 yard rushing and receiving, and 5 point bonuses for 300 yards passing.

My skill position players are:

RB: Gurley, Ingram, Randle, and Miller

WR Calvin Johnson,Manny Sanders, Vincent Jackson, and Allen Hurns.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Well, my QBs are T Taylor and Tannehill

Gates and Walker to round out the rest.

I am hoping the new regime in Miami will atleast bring some more points weekly.

I would like to make trades, but I am not going to sell low on much. At some point, I would like to beef up my WR slot, by dealing Calvin and one of my RBs, but the entire Lions Offense is in shambles.

Usually 7-6 will get a playoff spot in my league. I just want to maximize my players. Not panic and sell low, but I dont know how long to wait for my players to come around.

Assuming Mariota is gone? I went from Romo -> Tannehil --> Mariota, and I'm rolling with the rookie all the way. Tyrod Taylor is having a great year too, but Mariota looks like he's gonna be consistent possibly one of NFL's next greats. I wouldn't look forward to the change in coaching staff in Miami, I have yet to witness a change in coaching staff mid-season that actually immediately benefited a team, it's gonna be rough going for Miami for a little bit. I agree, I think if you can manage a Calvin -> for Brandon Marshal trade would benefit you, but it's probably far too late for anyone to go for that one (I actually made that exact trade week 2 in one of my leagues and people laughed at me, lol.)

Gurley is gonna have a solid year, but he's hyped to high heavens, you may be able to dangle him and see if you can get the better end of a trade on him.

Emmanuel Sanders is a name people like, he's gonna hit big numbers this week, maybe you can sell high. Your RB situation is a mess, but never fret

Lamar Miller should turn it around... hopefully? I dunno, lol. You're not gonna get much for him so might as well keep him.

Hurns is a waiver pick up in most my leagues, people started snatching him this week. He'll have some big weeks, and this week should be one of them. Might make interesting trade bait.

Vincent Jackson just sucks, I really don't know why people value him. I traded him first thing in my autodraft league, managed to land Giovanni Bernard and Marshal and only had to lose Lesean who ended up getting hurt anyway.

Randle is gonna have some good weeks, again though I'd think about selling high on him.

Gates is good trade bait as well, hopefully he'll come back and kill it this week. Might not even be worth trading.

I would go trade wild with your team, in all honesty. You got some decent trade bait and could probably manage to upgrade you team by at least 30% as long as you're careful. The only player I wouldn't wanna trade on your team would be Sanders, but that's only because he's got a good looking mug on his profile, haha.

To directly answer your question though, you should panic and sell on name value before it's too late. Calvin is your best example, others you may have to wait for a big week.

Edited by Inziladun

Also don't forget Waiver wire is your BEST FRIEND. This is the year of the waiver, in my limited 3 year experience i've never seen FF so unpredictable. Reserve a couple spots on your bench and make smart waiver moves. Might be worth waiting a week and grabbing a clear stud that immerges with a high waiver claim.

Well, my QBs are T Taylor and Tannehill

Gates and Walker to round out the rest.

I am hoping the new regime in Miami will atleast bring some more points weekly.

I would like to make trades, but I am not going to sell low on much. At some point, I would like to beef up my WR slot, by dealing Calvin and one of my RBs, but the entire Lions Offense is in shambles.

Usually 7-6 will get a playoff spot in my league. I just want to maximize my players. Not panic and sell low, but I dont know how long to wait for my players to come around.

Well I will say this. I had Calvin, and just traded him. I sent Calvin and D.Martin in return for Gurly. To me Lions Oline is horrible, and Stafford is someone I do not trust. Calvin has been getting Tons of targets and really hasn't done a ton with them (only 1 Td, and 0 100yd games).