[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Year Fantasy

pun

Hey all, long time football fan, first year fantasy player here. I was feeling really good about my lineup coming into the season, but so many of my players who I thought would do well are playing so poorly. I'd like to ask how you guys would feel and what you would do with a team like this. Do you keep playing the "studs" that are playing poorly? Do you bench them? Do you drop or try to trade them? Or is there just no hope?

Here is my lineup:

QB: Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, LeGarrette Blount, Duke Johnson

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julian Edelman, Mike Evans, Allen Hurns

TE: Jimmy Graham, Jordan Cameron

DST: Broncos

K: Matt Bryant

Would you guys have been happy with this lineup? Do you think these guys will bounce back to their performances last season (mainly talking about Wilson, Lynch, Thomas, Evans, Graham)? Are there any you would cut loose or try to trade away?

I've been so disappointed with Wilson lately. I couldn't believe it watching him up 13 points today while Dalton, sitting on my bench, put up 28. :shocking:

Lynch I can understand as he's battling an injury, but do you think he'll bounce back?

Thomas and Evans have just been total duds so far. Even Graham is so inconsistent. How much do you think these guys are worth compared to at the beginning of the season? Also what do you make of Blount? He put up great numbers in the last Pats game, but people seem to like Lewis so much more... :(

The only guys I've been able to count on are Edelman and my Broncos D, happy to have them :)

Edited by pun

What do you guys thinking about trading Lynch for a more reliable back? I've had my eye on Mark Ingram, he's been real consistent.

What do you think of this trade: Lynch and Evans (or Hurns) for Ingram and Dez?

The owner that has Ingram and Dez has no other RB aside from Karlos Williams, and he's got a great WR corps - Antonio Brown, James Jones, and a few others (and Dez).

What do you think I'd have to give up in order to get Ingram and Dez? It would be great if I could start Ingram and Forsett, along with Thomas and Dez at WR and then Edelman at Flex for the rest of the season.

Edited by pun

That is a great trade, but it will probably not be accepted by the Dez owner. Doesn't hurt to try though!

As for your questions. I think Lynch and Thomas will return to their past greatness. Lynch is injured and will be back to beast mode on this run heavy offense. Thomas hasn't actually looked bad this year, but Denver has had major offensive problems, plus he's been under or overthrown by Manning several times. I think he can still put up points though.

Evans and Graham I don't think so. Evans is part of a bla offense. And Graham has a different role on this Seattle team than he's had in the past.

Wilson is tough to decide on. He was never really a QB who put up huge numbersm but his fantasy value was high because of how much he scrambled and picked up fantasy points running the football. But he seems to be doing less and less of that every year as Seattle prefer to keep a healthy franchise QB. I'd say it was time to move on.

Do you have a high waiver claim? You can start improving by trying to pick up Charcandrick West.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think he would accept either. People keep saying Evans is a "WR2 with WR1 upside," but I don't think the Dez owner will see it that way. If you were the Dez owner, would you be more likely to accept if I added Hurns instead of Evans? I don't think I could do Edelman, him and the Broncos D have been my go-to guys. Maybe it would be worth it to give up Demaryius if he doesn't accept Evans considering his numbers? Decisions, decisions...

It looks like I'm going to win this week unless Philip Rivers puts up 35+ points tonight, and while I'm not sure exactly how it works (ESPN), I'm pretty sure I'll be #11 (out of 12)....