[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gary Barnidge

Chloroform Rx

Dropped Rudolph in two leagues for him. Happy.

Snagged him on the waiver wire this week, I noticed the 6-105-1 and held off to see if he followed it up.

Said "what the hell" and plugged him in this week.

I've made worse decisions.

Being in a local league near Cleveland with many Browns fans he was gone a couple weeks ago (heading into week 4).

He has carved out a nice role in this offense. We have lots of small WR and he provides that big target and has been getting open. I think it continues for much of the season, there will be some down weeks but I don't see him just disappearing.

Heck when you can make catches like that you're showing your QB you can do it.

I don't think he'll have the best week next week facing Denver's D but it's hard to bench him.

2 tds doesn't suck....not a lot of catches but maxing them out. 8 targets, so he's getting looks; from the brief snatches of the game I've seen, it seems Den is bracketing him.

• 2 weeks later...

He is having a good game today and I am damn glad that he is sitting on my opponents bench.

Long ago on this very message board, someone gave the good advice of "once is a fluke, twice is a trend, three times is money"....I jumped on Barnidge after a 2nd straight good game, figuring why not, and it has paid off nicely.

• Like 2

:bash:

I wouldn't sweat it John, I'm pretty sure you got me. 47 pts sounds like a LOT, but 2 WR, a TE, and a K in PPR?

Ugh. I hate my chances. I always get my hopes crushed on Monday night.

EDIT - oh wait, I forgot I have Jones and RichRod. Gonna be a white-knuckler.

Edited by Mr Bad Example

I wasn't a Barnidge Believer. But he now has 6 great weeks in a row. How does a guy who never had more than 13 catches in a season become studly at the age of 30? I can't remember any tight end blossoming at the age of 30. HGH and steroids is the only plausible explanation.

The Browns WR are not very good, the running game is bad. And for some reasons teams haven't tried to do a whole lot to take the guys looks away. I don't think he's suddenly become a great TE, its just opportunity and volume. He could go back to his average of about 6 receptions on 11 targets A SEASON next year. About half his receptions and targets in his 8 year career have come this season in CLE.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarnGa01.htm

There is the notion that with Manziel in at QB his production will take a significant dip. Many people accredit the rapport between McCown and Barnidge for his success. We will find out tonight.

People talk a lot and don't follow the game. The "rapport" with McCown is the fact that when he plays they throw the ball a ton. When Johnny started against the Titans I think he threw the ball about 15 times. McCown is averaging more like 30-35 passes per game. I checked Johnny's Titans game, Barnidge got one target.

So there may be a tad bit of truth, and one game is a small sample. But I think that trend continues, JF won't throw much, and that will affect Barnidge. He may also scramble around more and run wild, so when he throws it may be less likely Barnidge is open, than some WR who slipped past a DB.