[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yay! Eli Manning...

awesomebench

Of the players I missed on (Abdullah, Hill so far, Michael though wasn't costly, Jordan Matthews has been meh so far), I feel I hit on Eli. He has been excellent, even without Cruz. However, now Randall may join Cruz on the sidelines injured which could test Eli.

This team was shaping up exactly as I saw...talented but enigmatic QB coming off horrible year, plethora of receivers/tight ends to throw it to, bad defense (they are actually better than I thought), and no bell cow running back...circumstances are perfect for good QB numbers, that is until you start losing some of those receivers. I suspect Randall will miss multiple weeks with his hamstring based on what I heard.

In all but the message board league and a 2QB league I'm in, I didn't bite on a QB early at all. Most all leagues I ended up with P Rivers or E Manning (I have them both in two leagues) and I am now a TRUE believer in waiting for a QB. I benched Manning in favor of Rivers against the horrible Steelers secondary - and am down by 2. He's got A Brown, I got Rivers/Allen. I'm not banking on a win just yet, but I really like my odds. I can't believe I can't package up one of these guys with a WR for an elite RB. No one in my main local will budge on any of their RB's. If only Anderson didn't own the 2015 bust of the year tag, I'd be sitting pretty here..

Our league is qb heavy (i didnt realize this during draft)...i waited on qb, but got nervous when qbs were flying off the boards. But i stuck to my plan. Rb, wr, wr, rb, qb...after that i just look for value. Im extremely happy getting brady in 5th, and eli in 7th round. Our flex is any player but kicker or def.

Ahh, QB heavy as in you can start 2.

After 5 weeks, scoring seems to favour qb also. A mediocre qb seems to be 18 pts, while it would take 120 yrds and a td for a rb or wr to score same points. Its just standard espn scoring...but imo qb scoring seems a little off balance in comparison to other positions.

I think this is due to league taking out interception penalties...they also took out fumble penalties, but these are more rare occurrence.

Edited by awesomebench

I drafted Tannehill to be my starter and Eli to be my back-up, but actually started Eli Weeks 1 and 2...after 2 weeks, I bailed on both of those guys and ended up trading Eli, Jeremy Hill, and Gio Bernard for Aaron Rogers (the other owner also had Brady and needed RB) and Doug Martin...Rodgers blew-up for me the first week I had him (Wk 3), but the past 2 weeks has been less than stellar...the Muscle Hamster, has just been sitting on my bench every week, exploding for points...this game drives me nuts...LOL