[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charcandrick West

ImNotSoIgnorant

FWIW, the "coach speak" du jour is now apparently Reid is stating between the two (West and Davis), West is "more like Charles." Although, I guess if it's actually true, it's not really coach-speak...LOL...therefore, it leads me to believe he (West) will be utilized like Charles, and they will bring in Davis when "change of pace," down hill type running is needed...

I'm wrong often, but I've had a feeling since watching Charles limp off the field that I should avoid this situation in ww bidding. And I'm hurting for rbs in all my leagues

i definitely think there are worse backfield situations to avoid in the NFL, such as the Redskins (3-ring circus), Titans, Browns, etc., to name a few...picking the "right" one of those guys on a weekly basis is like playing Russian Roulette...IMO, with KC, I think you'll at least see West given the first opportunity (to replicate Charles style), then if he fails, Reid has a fallback to Davis, who has proven in the past he can step-in when needed...of course, I could be completely wrong, too, but everything I've read (outside of this forum) points to West being given the first shot...I've been able to grab him in 4 of my 6 leagues, missed him in another, and will likely miss him when the waiver period opens in the final one, tomorrow...to me, the speculation is too great to sit and do nothing...

i definitely think there are worse backfield situations to avoid in the NFL, such as the Redskins (3-ring circus), Titans, Browns, etc., to name a few...picking the "right" one of those guys on a weekly basis is like playing Russian Roulette...IMO, with KC, I think you'll at least see West given the first opportunity (to replicate Charles style), then if he fails, Reid has a fallback to Davis, who has proven in the past he can step-in when needed...of course, I could be completely wrong, too, but everything I've read (outside of this forum) points to West being given the first shot...I've been able to grab him in 4 of my 6 leagues, missed him in another, and will likely miss him when the waiver period opens in the final one, tomorrow...to me, the speculation is too great to sit and do nothing...

I agree, especially the last line. But I'm sure he's gonna be expensive in my leagues, idk if I wanna pony up the bid points

I'm wrong often, but I've had a feeling since watching Charles limp off the field that I should avoid this situation in ww bidding. And I'm hurting for rbs in all my leagues

I agree. I don't blame ppl that had Charles and teams that are desperate at RB but I have a feeling that it's gonna be a mess.

I agree. I don't blame ppl that had Charles and teams that are desperate at RB but I have a feeling that it's gonna be a mess.

If West doesn't do well, it could get messy. It's his job to lose, though - Reid likes him, so I don't think he'll give Knile/Ware a whole lot of touches unless he has to. West out-snapped Davis 18-4 after Charles went down on Sunday.

you can't call him that anymore....there are no cheesesteaks in Kansas City and he is noticeably slimmer....these things go hand in hand...

Fine, I don't trust Andy Burnt Ends. I did however just put 2 bids in on West. Neither will be high enough I don't believe but if one of them is for some unknowm reason, I'd be comfortable with what I spent Edited by HowboutthemCowboys
  • Like 1

I'm reading it as Charcandrick will get the first shot but Knile will get some carries and whomever plays the best will get the chance going forward.

Ive picked up West but wont be starting him this week.

The way I feel is that West is the typical Andy Reid back and can possibly be a PPR worthy starter in the mold of Woodhead or better because of the rushing yards....but Davis will get short yardage and goal line work....

In most cases, I go with the PPR back (like this one)....but you have a few instances where I am okay with the back who takes a back seat like Blount for instance....it depnds on how good the offense is and how often they will be in the red zone imo....and the Chiefs won't be in the red zone to often....

just my .02 anyways....I don't know chit anymore...

Was 2nd on waiver order and of course the guy with #1 wasn't asleep and picked up West. I considered some other options like Vereen or Reddick to fill some need at RB (lost Dunbar) but had considered them last week and neither are that appealing to me but were snapped up on waivers (I also have Abdullah and Calvin, not sure I want another Lion player and Vereern is very streaky).

Now the big question, are people going to try and type or say his first name much, or just call him West maybe Charca West.

As someone very new to the whole FF thing, I've done a tremendous amount of reading in the last month, because while I didn't know much about football, I like to win.

One thing I've learned is that many of the "experts" are talking to hear themselves talk and coaches say taco to intentionally disguise their true intent.

Davis was very strongly recommended but I haven't jumped on that one yet. I think if West fails it will be a mediocre RBBC situation like Was. I tried to get West but missed.

If you're well behind in points it might be a good play to hope for a high return. But if you're close this week, you're probably better off with a stable RB that can reliably pull steady middle of the road points.

*I'm far from an expert, but I read about 2 hours/night of all the other experts ramblings.

Edit: Taco? wtf is taco?

Taco is one of the word filters, whatever word you typed was replaced by that. Its amusing that they filter some relatively tame words but let some of the real nasty stuff too. Sometimes they filter names like some years back when DMD (the site boss and big Cowboy fan) had them replace Sanders with Smith so anytime somebody tried to say Barry Sanders was better than Emmit Smith it would get changed. Of course that made it difficult to talk about any other player named Sanders ;)

Im screwed. Drafted Knile as a handcuff and it looks like he may not be the guy. Ellington goes down and loses his job to CJ. I am starting blount and either Ellington or knile this week. Extremely shaky rbs