[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can anyone stop New England?

Cowboyz1

As much as I hate to say this, belichick has to go down as one of the best coaches of all time. I know Brady is a luxury that can't be discounted but the more you watch NE from week to week, year to year, their game planning is ridiculous. You can see them just shut down an aspect of the other teams offense so completely. It's one thing to say, "we are going to shut down Miami's ground and short passing game" but the way they execute to devastating effect is just brutal. Each week it seems they are able to do exactly what they aim to regardless of the personnel week in and week out. That is what is so impressive to me. Year in and Year out they find players on both side of the ball to do exactly what they want to. Injuries be damned.

You could tell about midway through the 1st half Miami was going to get beat down. I can't stand the Pats but I have to respect them. They just seem to out plan and out scheme teams badly.

So who can beat them this year in the AFC. Jet's just don't have the QB play or the coaching IMO. Pitt, SD, CIN, INdy, don't have the defense. Buff I thought would be tough but they seem up and down. Denver may have the defense to compete but Manning would have to play a lot better than he has been lately.

NE looks to be on a mission to tell the NFL to kiss their arse.

I dunno. Watching the NE MIA game it still looked like the Pats knew what play the Phins were going to use. I know I know, how can they cheat, everyone's watching them. So I don't know how, or if they are, but I'm still skeptical they've stopped.

they've done that forever. that coaching team are masterful in breaking down film and planning to counter a team's strengths and to attack their weaknesses.

ofc it helps when you have Tom Brady in complete F the world mode.

going back to the OP, the NFL's biggest nightmare would be the Patriots repeating and to see #deflatethis start trending, so I think we'll start seeing questionable calls from the refs when playoffs come around.

they've done that forever. that coaching team are masterful in breaking down film and planning to counter a team's strengths and to attack their weaknesses.

going back to the OP, the NFL's biggest nightmare would be the Patriots repeating and to see #deflatethis start trending, so I think we'll start seeing questionable calls from the refs when playoffs come around.

Yeah well I can see a couple teams being able to compete in the NFC. I just don't want them to get that far though.

The pats are on fire right now and brady is def the best qb in the game. the only teams i think that have a chance are Cin/Den and Stl. Stl only because theyre a weird team that beats top teams but loses to bad teams. it will be interesting to see how it plays it but theyll probably go undefeated.

I would love to see Roger Goodell have to present the Super Bowl mvp trophy to Brady. :awkward:

• Like 2

I don't like New England, but I am going to have to consider them on par with what I personally consider the greatest dynasties ever....

the 1970s Steeelers

the 1960s Packers

the 1980s 49ers

I know the 40s Bears, 50s Browns, and 90s Boys were in the mix, but I have to go with the above 3. New England wins another Bowl, they may move to #1. And I hate admitting that as I believe the 70s Steelers the finest football team every assembled.

Personally im loving the fu mode NE is in. I drafted QB late in a QB heavy league(didnt realize til after draft)...but i landed brady late round, cause everyone was scared of him. I was asked into league 3 days before draft, mysteriously, no one knew the scoring system when i asked. So by week 3 i was in last place...now im in fu mode and have risen to 3rd place. Thank you brady, freeman, fitz, marshal...and shout out to foster last week even if short lived. Sooo...im a diehard pats fan this year. Lol

The key to beating the Pats is defense (obviously). They usually allow a good amount of points to opponents, they just score a lot more. They gave up more than 20 points to the Steelers, Bills, Colts, and Jets, and 17 to the Jags. It's all about stopping that offense.

For that reason I think Denver or the Jets (maybe even the Bills) have the best chance of beating them.

But given the "mental factor," the Giants also have a shot, as their defense will improve over the next few weeks - JPP will probably return, and Ayers and Moore will be active. That's a pretty solid D-line that can put pressure on Brady.

LBs Beason and Kenard will more than likely be healthy. This is certainly the defense's weak point.

In the secondary, Prince will probably be back. If all four starters are healthy - Prince, Rodgers-Cromartie, Collins, and Merriweather - that secondary is looking very good. If they can get the D-line going and put pressure on Brady, they'll be one of the better defenses the Pats face.

I think Will Beatty will be back as well, which patches up the Giants O-line nicely. And if Victor Cruz is back at that point (which I think is unlikely to be honest), that's a huge boost to the offense, because they can't focus all their attention on ODB.

All that being said, I think Denver has a better chance of beating them lol.

Personally im loving the fu mode NE is in. I drafted QB late in a QB heavy league(didnt realize til after draft)...but i landed brady late round, cause everyone was scared of him. I was asked into league 3 days before draft, mysteriously, no one knew the scoring system when i asked. So by week 3 i was in last place...now im in fu mode and have risen to 3rd place. Thank you brady, freeman, fitz, marshal...and shout out to foster last week even if short lived. Sooo...im a diehard pats fan this year. Lol

Somewhat same here. I have Gronk in two keepers at round...9?... I think, and in another redraft. Have had him for a few years too. Also have Edelman in three leagues, and picked Dion Lewis up in two leagues. Got Lafell in two also. 5 leagues total. I do not like the cheating the pats did, but my fantasy persona doesn't care. :)

Well, let's take a look at their remaining schedule:

vs. Redskins - win by a lot

@ Giants - win (Giants have no pass rush)

vs. Bills - already beat them once

@ Broncos - could be close but you have to favor Brady

vs. Eagles - Belichick will rpove he is always greater than Kelly

@ Texans - even with Watt, Brady will shred them

vs. Titans - next

@ Jets - maybe, but I doubt it

@ Dolphins - well they just destroyed them so....

Health permitting, the Patriots should enter the playoffs udefeated and the #1 seed. Of the playoff teams, who could beat them? I would give Pittsburgh a punchers chance (if they even make the playoffs) and the Bengals. But knowing the Bengals history, they might lose inthe first round.

I would expect the Patriots to be 18-0 again going into the playoffs. As for who could beat them in the NFC, there are a few teams that could:

Green Bay

Seattle - if the defense comes around

Carolina

Arizona

Saint Louis (especially if Gurley stays helathy and Foles becomes slightly more than a game manager)

Green Bay has Rodgers and will always have a chance. The rest have strong defenses with pass rushers and good secondaries. They also run the ball really well, which is the patriots achilles heel.

But, in all honesty, I feel Brady is in complete F-U mode and the Patriots will go undefeated. And I am completely on board with that. Anything that will shut up those annoying 1972 Dolphins is fine with me.

My Broncos should be able to do it at home. By week 12 the ground game should have some life. Seemed like it was wiggling it's way there the last 2 weeks. If Peyton isn't playing better, he'll need to at least avoid turnovers to have a chance though.

Still

Not

Enough

I see JPP, Moore, and Ayers resembling the old Osi, Tuck, JPP d-line of 2011 or the Straham, Osi, Tuck line a few years earlier

IF they can all stay healthy / not get benched for dumb penalties. Certainly not as much talent, but they could definitely put enough pressure on Brady I think.

I don't like New England, but I am going to have to consider them on par with what I personally consider the greatest dynasties ever....

the 1970s Steeelers

the 1960s Packers

the 1980s 49ers

I know the 40s Bears, 50s Browns, and 90s Boys were in the mix, but I have to go with the above 3. New England wins another Bowl, they may move to #1. And I hate admitting that as I believe the 70s Steelers the finest football team every assembled.

I know im a homer....but my personal opinion is that they should be probably considered number 1 even if they don't win another one...in this era ...with a salary cap ...and the turnover in personnel....the fact that they are considered serious sb contenders every year is pretty amazing

The pats are on fire right now and brady is def the best qb in the game. the only teams i think that have a chance are Cin/Den and Stl. Stl only because theyre a weird team that beats top teams but loses to bad teams. it will be interesting to see how it plays it but theyll probably go undefeated.

Stl = St. Louis ? I get that they beat good teams (AZ, SEA) and lose to some bad teams, but how are they going to play the Pats, are they going to be in the SB? Or was that a purely hypothetical. If you meant SEA I think they're better built to beat the Pats, but I don't see them getting back to the SB.

Obviously the team that beats the Pats this year will have a good defense, and only needs an average offense. The Doplhins were stopping them quite often last night, but then going 3-and-out or turning the ball over. (I only watched the first half.) Jets had a pretty good game against them last week, if that were in NY instead I could se them winning. I could also see MIA at home (in the final week if the game isn't relevant). And definitly think the Broncos will give them a game this year (Sunday Night Thanksgiving weekend).

I will say this about their legacy (no not the cheating stuff), had they gone 19-0 and also won the other SB they lost would make it that much more impessive. Going 6-0 in SB over a 14 year span, plus the new undefeated team knocking out the Dolphins. It is still very impressive, and I have to say I'm very jealous. The Browns cast off head coach (he needed more seasoning and went back to learn more from the Big Tuna) and a 6th round QB is the dynasty of this era.