[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can anyone stop New England?

Cowboyz1

Stl = St. Louis ? I get that they beat good teams (AZ, SEA) and lose to some bad teams, but how are they going to play the Pats, are they going to be in the SB? Or was that a purely hypothetical. If you meant SEA I think they're better built to beat the Pats, but I don't see them getting back to the SB.

Obviously the team that beats the Pats this year will have a good defense, and only needs an average offense. The Doplhins were stopping them quite often last night, but then going 3-and-out or turning the ball over. (I only watched the first half.) Jets had a pretty good game against them last week, if that were in NY instead I could se them winning. I could also see MIA at home (in the final week if the game isn't relevant). And definitly think the Broncos will give them a game this year (Sunday Night Thanksgiving weekend).

I will say this about their legacy (no not the cheating stuff), had they gone 19-0 and also won the other SB they lost would make it that much more impessive. Going 6-0 in SB over a 14 year span, plus the new undefeated team knocking out the Dolphins. It is still very impressive, and I have to say I'm very jealous. The Browns cast off head coach (he needed more seasoning and went back to learn more from the Big Tuna) and a 6th round QB is the dynasty of this era.

yes Stl being St Louis. just being hypothetical.

• Like 1

The pats did not get better, the AFC got worse. Baltimore is not a contender. Indy is a mess. I do not want to the Pats to be unbeaten going into the playoffs. It just about winning the last game.

It would be fun though if it was 18-0 pats vs 18-0 green bay. Greatest hype of any superbowl in history if that happened.

I don't like New England, but I am going to have to consider them on par with what I personally consider the greatest dynasties ever....

the 1970s Steeelers

the 1960s Packers

the 1980s 49ers

I know the 40s Bears, 50s Browns, and 90s Boys were in the mix, but I have to go with the above 3. New England wins another Bowl, they may move to #1. And I hate admitting that as I believe the 70s Steelers the finest football team every assembled.

90s Dallas shuda won 4 in a row..

My Broncos should be able to do it at home. By week 12 the ground game should have some life. Seemed like it was wiggling it's way there the last 2 weeks. If Peyton isn't playing better, he'll need to at least avoid turnovers to have a chance though.

I love my Broncos but I don't know. Our offense has been down right offensive. We will have to actually score some points in order to beat them. Even if our defense holds them below 30, do you really trust or offense to keep up?

• Like 1

I don't like New England, but I am going to have to consider them on par with what I personally consider the greatest dynasties ever....

the 1970s Steeelers

the 1960s Packers

the 1980s 49ers

I know the 40s Bears, 50s Browns, and 90s Boys were in the mix, but I have to go with the above 3. New England wins another Bowl, they may move to #1. And I hate admitting that as I believe the 70s Steelers the finest football team every assembled.

You would have to put the Pats #1 because of what they would have done over a 15 year stretch if they win again this year...

It is kinda crazy when you look back on it...

I think the key to defeating NE is getting to Brady and putting him on his ass the whole game.

That is the recipe for stopping any QB but Brady just marches along even after being hit a bunch of times...

I remember seeing him back in the early 2000's against the Steelers on MNF where a defender hit him right after he threw it and as the defender slid over him, he managed to kick Brady in the opening in his face mask which led me to say "holy chit Brady is screwed after that"...his head whipped back something awful..

WRONG.....next play was a hand off and the one after that was him throwing for a TD to Deion Branch or somebody...

He's not exactly like Manning to where he gets rattled after a couple of hits....he is in the same area as Rodgers and maybe Luck is too?...These guys don't fold after being abused...

That is the recipe for stopping any QB but Brady just marches along even after being hit a bunch of times...

I remember seeing him back in the early 2000's against the Steelers on MNF where a defender hit him right after he threw it and as the defender slid over him, he managed to kick Brady in the opening in his face mask which led me to say "holy chit Brady is screwed after that"...his head whipped back something awful..

WRONG.....next play was a hand off and the one after that was him throwing for a TD to Deion Branch or somebody...

He's not exactly like Manning to where he gets rattled after a couple of hits....he is in the same area as Rodgers and maybe Luck is too?...These guys don't fold after being abused...

brady feeds off sh1t like that....he loves it....all you are doing is giving him some mental bulletin board material when you try to rattle him with cheap sh1t...and most likely you are walking into a 15 yard penalty

Same thing can be said about the Bills..."coulda," "shoulda," yada, yada, yada....but you see how many they won...

Disagree ... the Bills got to 4 and lost ... they had their chance.

Had Jimmy stayed they Cowboys would not have squandered their lead against SF and would have advanced to and won that SB.

I don't disagree that Brady is composed ... my point was to beat NE you have to disrupt their passing game. Dallas was doing this very effectively in the first half of their game but Belicheck is a master game planner and made half time adjustments whereas Dallas looked they were content to make no half time adjustments.

Well, let's take a look at their remaining schedule:

vs. Redskins - win by a lot

@ Giants - win (Giants have no pass rush)

vs. Bills - already beat them once

@ Broncos - could be close but you have to favor Brady

vs. Eagles - Belichick will rpove he is always greater than Kelly

@ Texans - even with Watt, Brady will shred them

vs. Titans - next

@ Jets - maybe, but I doubt it

@ Dolphins - well they just destroyed them so....

Health permitting, the Patriots should enter the playoffs udefeated and the #1 seed. Of the playoff teams, who could beat them? I would give Pittsburgh a punchers chance (if they even make the playoffs) and the Bengals. But knowing the Bengals history, they might lose inthe first round.

I would expect the Patriots to be 18-0 again going into the playoffs. As for who could beat them in the NFC, there are a few teams that could:

Green Bay

Seattle - if the defense comes around

Carolina

Arizona

Saint Louis (especially if Gurley stays helathy and Foles becomes slightly more than a game manager)

Green Bay has Rodgers and will always have a chance. The rest have strong defenses with pass rushers and good secondaries. They also run the ball really well, which is the patriots achilles heel.

But, in all honesty, I feel Brady is in complete F-U mode and the Patriots will go undefeated. And I am completely on board with that. Anything that will shut up those annoying 1972 Dolphins is fine with me.

Patriots rush defense ranks 6th in the nfl in yards allowed and only 4 rush tds allowed so I don't know where this myth has come up that it's their achillies heel unless we're still talking about the first 2 weeks of the season when they got lit up on the ground. Since the pats have made mayo a rotational player and are starting Jaime Collins and Hightower in the middle no one has been able to run on the pats.

Disagree ... the Bills got to 4 and lost ... they had their chance.

Had Jimmy stayed they Cowboys would not have squandered their lead against SF and would have advanced to and won that SB.

My whole point was these "coulda," "shoulda," etc. discussions are basically meaningless because something DIDN'T happen...for ANY event in life, one can say something "could" have happened...the "should have" part is slightly different, but not really, as at the end of the day what happens, happens and it is what it is...

Watching the Patriots play the Redskins is like...watching a professional sports team play a Pop Warner team...I (from a personal perspective) really hate Belichick for making an onside kick in the first half with a 7 - 0 lead, against a clearly inferior team, but you gotta love and respect the guy for his competitive, never let up style...it's not his responsibility to coddle and go easy the other team, regardless of the other team's ability (or, in the case of the Redskins, lack of ability)...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1

90s Dallas shuda won 4 in a row..

They got what they got. You don't get points for "shoulda"...it's all conjecture. The 1990s Cowboys ONLY got 3 and thus should not be considered on par with any team with 4+ Super Bowls.....hell, Pittsburgh "shoulda" had a 5th during the 1970s (the 1976 Steelers were maybe the best D they ever had, but had a couple HUGE injuries in the playoffs and basically played the AFC Championship game against Oakland with ZERO running backs). Thems the breaks, injuries, coaching changes, bad weather, bad calls, etc......Oakland lifted the trophy and that was that.

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1

If you want to play "shoulda" , The pats should have 6 if not for two miracle wins by the Giants that thank christ saved a lot of headache for pats haters like myself

it did.....people would have been jumping off bridges...a lot of people might have stopped watching the nfl

its always funny to hear people talk about how lucky the pats got ...to beat st Louis....to beat Carolina....and especially to beat the seahawks....but oh when they lost...its because "they suck and they cant without cheating"...lol

ya.. I never had the belief that they only won superbowls by cheating. I think they got bailed out by incredible defensive play vs the rams and a great kicker and a very lucky penalty with the fg vs Carolina but they won and that's all there is to it. The NYG wins were miracles, they played great defensively but the catches by what's his name and Manningham in both games were foolish