[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone starting Dez this Sunday?

The Hellion

Im not risking it, i expected a slow start...and cassel scares me

I don't have him ... but as a general rule I don't start a player his first week back from a significant injury

My thinking too. While Revis might hold Cooper in check, I think he is more likely to get me 4 for 60 (or some other combination of 10 pts.) than Dez with Cassel.

No.

We only start 2 receivers and I've got better options at the moment. The Cassel thing doesn't worry me as much as him shaking off the rust and squaring up against Sherman.

If he's still fit to play against Tampa next week then I'll play him.

i dont own him, but if i did i would wait at least a week to start him. hes coming off an injury and hasnt played a game in a while. he could have a good game but id rather start a healthy player with a good match up than a player coming fresh off an injury missing multiple games.

I think I'm going to start him only because I think he will be the best option in the red zone. Sherman or no Sherman, Dez wins in the endzone. I have him getting at least one redzone score and possibly two with 4 catches for 40 yards. My only other option are Marvin Jones, Micheal Floyd, T. Williams or Nate Washington. In another league I am going with Dez over Golden Tate. Our biggest issue is redzone targets that can get open among other things. Dez should pull double coverage which should open things up for other WR's and Witten between the 20's. If McFadden can run well Dez should and the rest of the WR group should have some room and should produce some redzone chances for Dez.

Anyone who has seen Terrance Williams in the last few weeks is probably gonna start him if they don't have better options at WR.

Even at 50% snaps he is gonna see a crapload of targets, that team has no one to throw to at all because they all suck. They're even doubling Witten at times lol.

I think Dez has a 8-10 point floor this week, if I had him he would be starting.

Edited by tebby

I would guess he will play decoy like Calvin in a few games last year.

Here in Dallas on a local radio show they were talking about this ... one host was exclaiming that Dez would NEVER go for being a decoy, that he doesn't have it in him ... the other host was making the point that Dallas would never tell him he was going to be a decoy but it could simply work out that way.

Personally I don't understand the whole "decoy" thing anyway. I think you are a foolish defensive coordinator if you simply assume that a top notch player coming off a significant injury automatically warrants your top cover guy or double coverage. You have to test the guy and make him prove he is back in form. If he never proves it then he is just another guy on the field and isn't really a "decoy".

Dez is out for what ..6 weeks? If you're putting him in as a "decoy" then that means he's not 100%.

If they put their stud WR in too early...to be a decoy.... with Cassel at QB....then they are all idiots.

I say if hes in then they are going to use him.... whether Cassel can get him the ball is a totally different problem.

Dez is out for what ..6 weeks? If you're putting him in as a "decoy" then that means he's not 100%.

If they put their stud WR in too early...to be a decoy.... with Cassel at QB....then they are all idiots.

I say if hes in then they are going to use him.... whether Cassel can get him the ball is a totally different problem.

Dallas still has aspirations of winning the division, after all they are a team on the rise (best team on a 4 game losing streak ever), and they are desperate to get a win so they don't fall too far back in the division. Had they won against the Giants I suspect Dez would not be playing this week.

I agree that it is almost always a mistake to rush a player back from an injury.

I think Cassell can have some success getting the ball to Dez, the problem with Cassell is that he also has success throwing the ball to the other jerseys.

And I agree that Dez will be throwing a temper tantrum by half time if he is a decoy.

He's in my lineup, but I don't have high expectations. If Brandon Marshall is a go, then I might swap him out, but that's who he's competing with on my roster. He played a lot of snaps last week, so I think its safe to say he's healthy at the moment. The matchup isn't bad either. And Cassell's not the worst, but he's not the best either.

I'm more on board with Dez this week as he isn't facing as tough of coverage, but the QB (or lack thereof) is likely to remain a problem.

The Eagles are not a bad D but they rely on turnovers. I'm rolling him out in one league but I have no other choices. I expect 10 pts in a PPR with some upside.

I'm keeping Dez on the bench again. I have no faith in Cassel getting him the ball at all.

I'm blessed with a solid group of WRs (Dez, Sanders, Landry M. Bryant, Hurns) in a 12 team where we start 3 WRs plus a Flex.

Love Sanders and Hurns this week. With Revis all over Allen Robinson, Hurns will have ample and easy opportunity to burn Cromartie, who sucks beyond belief this season. Everyone beats him. No room for Dez for now. I expect Hurns to get at least 1 TD if not more, as well as M. Bryant and Sanders.

I'm keeping Dez on the bench again. I have no faith in Cassel getting him the ball at all.

I'm blessed with a solid group of WRs (Dez, Sanders, Landry M. Bryant, Hurns) in a 12 team where we start 3 WRs plus a Flex.

Love Sanders and Hurns this week. With Revis all over Allen Robinson, Hurns will have ample and easy opportunity to burn Cromartie, who sucks beyond belief this season. Everyone beats him. No room for Dez for now. I expect Hurns to get at least 1 TD if not more, as well as M. Bryant and Sanders.

Yep, starting Beckham, Jefferey & Allen Robinson over him. I know Robinson will have a tough go with Revis, but I'm not trusting Dez just yet.