[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to Vent

Scorcher

I lost Foster, just traded for Marshall and now he is injured and has Smith for a QB. I won enough games to be on top of my division, but holding it will be shaky. Meanwhile the guy who had the worst record ( and is in my division) has been picking up every WW gem for the last 4 weeks and has won 3 games in a row and should continue to keep winning. He is still getting the first pick because the teams behind him have given up and don't submit bids anymore and he still has the first waiver pick. His team is stacked now and he grabbed Langford with first pick just to keep anyone else from getting him! Worst to first WW just pis@es me off! Nobody wants to change to bidding. I am in danger of missing playoffs because I did so well in the beginning and am too high up on the WW. I know this is a yearly rant for someone each year. I guess it's my turn this year.

Edited by Scorcher

At least see if they want to change it to continuously rolling waivers.

This would be my recommendation. I have a league that was free for all with no waivers last year. I suggested the rolling waivers this season because I did not want to freak everyone out with a blind bidding type system when waivers in general were confusing to them.

I will be putting together some kind of poll after this season to see how everyone liked the new system and from there determine if there is an opportunity to recommend blind bidding. Did I forget to mention I'm not the commish?

At least see if they want to change it to continuously rolling waivers.

In all fairness I would be doing the same thing he is doing. In order to win we all work the systems that exist in our leagues.

These two things say it all. I feel for you though if that makes you feel better.

I also lost Foster and I was planning on him being the mid-round pick guy that put me over the top when he returned. That dream didn't last long.

My main league is still worst to first waivers - resets every week. The dude who keeps getting the waiver wire gems every week is only 1-7. He's a dumbass though. He dropped Brees in week 2, he traded away Brandon Marshall for P Manning in week 5. His team still sucks - even with getting C West & D Williams.

Me, I'm 5-3 and in 2nd place - keep getting hosed with the 9th waiver priority. The league leader is 6-2.

I have already asked the commissioner if we can move to a blind bidding system next year though - why should we pay the price for some dumbass f'ng up his team and then missing out on the opportunity to get these ww gems too. His response was you're still in 2nd place - and Verl (dude who's 1-7) keeps losing. I don't wanna leave this league as I've played in it for 14 years, but isht man - time to catch up with the times here..

In all fairness I would be doing the same thing he is doing. In order to win we all work the systems that exist in our leagues.

Exactly, and since you knew the rules you knew this was a chance. What sucks more to me is the owners not trying anymore, though there has to be a reason to try. Are they really leaving empty roster slots (guys out, on bye, injured) in their line-up. Are they just not picking up guys that might be marginally better than what they have?

In our league each roster move (player added to team) cost $2 so I'm not making moves if I'm out of playoff hunt, no chance to win money. Of course we also have a weekly high score price ($20) so if you've got some high scoring talent you still have some chance to win, but picking up a Langford or Pierre Thomas may not be a move I'd make.

We use waiver order reset weekly by standings, the same 2 teams have been in the bottom for that last 4-5 weeks or more, I am one and the other is a guy who is always making moves to improve (keeper league so there's long term talent to consider), He's 2-5-1 I'm 3-5, both are extreme long shots to make the playoffs. He added Pierre Thomas and I added Vernon Davis, neither were real difference makers for our team, but we're trying to improve and hope to catch that hot player.

• Like 1

Exactly, and since you knew the rules you knew this was a chance. What sucks more to me is the owners not trying anymore, though there has to be a reason to try. Are they really leaving empty roster slots (guys out, on bye, injured) in their line-up. Are they just not picking up guys that might be marginally better than what they have?

I

They put full rosters, they just aren't playing the WW

• Like 1

I am in my league that owner who lost a few players early and my record seriously sucked. We have the same system that you are complaining about and I have been the owner with at least a top 3 waiver wire pick for several weeks. This is really the first week that I believe I picked up a game changer player in DeAngelo Williams. I also don't think it is fair and think the rolling system should be in place.

Blind bid is the only fair way for waiver picks.

• Like 1

I've never done a league with a worst to first waiver system. I honestly didn't know of their existence for several years. I knew about blind bids, but that's just not what my friends want to do. We've always done continuously rolling waivers. And honestly, I'm okay with that.

In my 14-team league I didn't make a single waiver move for over a month and hoarded my #1 position. So when Deangelo Williams rolled around I had earned that pick. Is it the same as auction bids? Of course not, but the same general idea still applies, just with a touch more simplicity for leagues that are a little more casual. If they want to move to blind bids next year, I'll be the first in line to agree, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

Better to post here than on my league forum I guess but it figures that the guy who has been cherry picking the WW for the last 4 weeks would be the first one to complain about my Brandon Marshall trade!

what's he complaining about?

had a similar thing. i did a few trades pretty early on and this dude who now has the worst record in the league (but wrecked me the week we played) was all up in arms about it. as if trading was "not allowed" or something....