[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TJ Yeldon...

mahoney

He's a RB in the NFL so statistics show there's a 90% chance he's committed a felony in his lifetime

LoL

Putting up consistent numbers, and he's one of the few who actually looks better every game that he plays. It feels like Jags are ALWAYS playing from behind and have to throw every game which limits his ceiling somewhat.

Still he is an every down back who could have a huge second half of the season if that Jacksonville defense can learn how to play football.

Also their play calling is cringe worthy. I'm sure there are several free coach training workshops they can take advantage of. I know they're meant for little league coaches but the Jaguars OC can definitely learn things he never knew.

Edited by tebby

Putting up consistent numbers, and he's one of the few who actually looks better every game that he plays. It feels like Jags are ALWAYS playing from behind and have to throw every game which limits his ceiling somewhat.

Still he is an every down back who could have a huge second half of the season if that Jacksonville defense can learn how to play football.

yep...hes a 3 down back which is rare these days...I don't own him but I think next year hes going to make a nice 2nd or 3rd round selection

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a fan. For all the reasons already mentioned, redraft isnt a great situation but if you're considering him in redraft he's probably better than what you're looking at. In dynasty, he's a good looking hold probably worth a mid-late future 1st based on 3 down back status alone.

What good is a 3 down back that only averages 3 receptions a game?

todd gurley is a 3 down back ...his receiving numbers are around that 3 a game average......difference is yeldons qb is actually having success throwing the ball down the field to robinson and hurns...youd almost expect the rams to be doing a ton of checking down.........yeldon is a 3 down back....just because he isn't putting up matt forte numbers doesn't mean there isn't potential there

Potential means nothing if the scheme doesn't feed it. So saying he's a 3 down back isn't really as valuable as you make it out to be.

you are being foolish if you think scheme is the only factor in a rb's reception total

yeldon has 24 catches in 8 games....Justin forsett, who is supposed to be in trestmans rb friendly reception scheme, has 31 in 9 games....which includes a 7 reception game in san fran in a loss....Baltimore doesn't have 2 receivers on their team as successful as hurns and robinson have been

rb reception total is just as much about offensive line play, qb play and game flow as anything...sure there are some schemes that rely on a little more than others

yeldon is still on pace for about 50 catches....hes a rookie in an offense trending up.....

you mean to tell me youd rather have a rb who plays on first and second downs and gets the gl work...over a guy who plays first and second, gets gl work and stays in on 3rd down where he could run or catch the ball?

like I said...3 down back potential....offense trending up=I think yeldon is going to make a nice 2nd/3rd rounder next year

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

RB roulette - you can make a case for lots of 2/3rd round potentials and yes, he's one of them. But far from a lock.

He's just not doing enough with his touches. He's had a few good games, but he's not being used the way a 3 down back should be used, and I don't see that changing if the coaching staff stays the same.

So - you're locked into a guy with "value" and I won't argue with you, but I won't lock in, and I'm not buying into the value you are placing on him because he's a 3 down back and "rare". Not fully true.

RB roulette - you can make a case for lots of 2/3rd round potentials and yes, he's one of them. But far from a lock.

He's just not doing enough with his touches. He's had a few good games, but he's not being used the way a 3 down back should be used, and I don't see that changing if the coaching staff stays the same.

So - you're locked into a guy with "value" and I won't argue with you, but I won't lock in, and I'm not buying into the value you are placing on him because he's a 3 down back and "rare". Not fully true.

well have to see how the rest of the year plays out...I forget who it was...a former coach the other day talking about bortles and mariota...he was saying that the 2nd half of the 2nd year for a qb is where you start to get an idea and see the most growth.......were kind of just getting to the point right now for bortles.....but if he continues this ascent....so will this offense

where did I ever say yeldon was a "lock" to be a good 2nd/3rd round value? ill have to go back and look for it...I thought I said "I think he could be"