[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning needs to retire...

awesomebench

I don't know if this will be the last game we see Peyton start. Osweiler is the only guy who can determine that right now.

I would be amazed if Oz has a 5:4 completion to interception ratio against ANY team in the NFL.

Anything short of that would hopefully mean Peyton stays on the bench for me.

This is about as bad I have every seen Manning play. I saw how much he lost his arm strength when he had to muscle the ball under presser with nothing but his arm to a wide open back out of the backfield and couldn't get it there. I think it's safe to say, he's done. His arm just can't get it done anymore. They were pounding him today also. Every time he dropped back he was getting hit.

He will only leave the game this year if it is on a stretcher. Denver knew what they were getting when they hooked their ladder up to him. Their window to win the SB with Manning has closed. If Elway has balls, they tell Manning to sit and let Oz see what he can do. There is no way this team beats Pittsburgh, Cincinnati or New England. If they luck out and get a soft WC, maybe they eke out a win. But that's it.

it's a shame. He deserved better but the end for Peyton is right in front of us.

For his own sake I hope he just calls it quits mid season. The longer he holds out, the worse and worse his legacy will look.

Quitting the game you beat the passing record will look bad though, especially when he threw for like 30 yards. Let him play one more game and then he needs to sit.

He will only leave the game this year if it is on a stretcher. Denver knew what they were getting when they hooked their ladder up to him. Their window to win the SB with Manning has closed. If Elway has balls, they tell Manning to sit and let Oz see what he can do. There is no way this team beats Pittsburgh, Cincinnati or New England. If they luck out and get a soft WC, maybe they eke out a win. But that's it.

it's a shame. He deserved better but the end for Peyton is right in front of us.

Full disclosure, I'm a broncos homer. But that does not have anything to do with what I'm about to say.

The broncos couldn't beat any of those teams listed? The broncos of 2011 beat a VASTLY superior Steelers team in the playoffs with Tim Tebow. Denver won 7 games this year mostly against quality teams, mostly on the road, with Manning playing WORSE THAN TEBOW, and a defense playing worlds better than the 2011 defense. I think how long we see Osweiler as the starter will depend on his performance in CHI. If Osweiler comes in and handles Kubiaks offense well and plays well and denver wins, given the season Peyton has had, Kubiak will have no choice but to leave him on the field. And in that scenario, if Brock matches even 70% of the production that we got from Manning against green bay and can protect the ball coupled with the return of some defensive pieces, this team will be capable of beating anybody.

Edited by AX2RUN

This defense really is carrying the team though, and there's some good offensive options in Sanders and Thomas. The problem is the O-line is just terrible and they have no run game. The team would actually really benefit from a mobile QB I'd think and then be a superbowl contender if they'd fix that o-line.

Edited by Inziladun
  • Like 1

The line was getting there coming off of the bye, but the last 2 weeks Peytons lack of production and inability to quickly get rid of the ball has put the broncos in alot of bad pass rush situations.

Oz can throw the deep ball and has a strong arm. He can scramble (to a degree), and should be a good fit to Kubiak's offense. Plus, he has the height (6'6") to easily see downfield.

He's in the last year of his rookie contract, and NOW is a good time to see what he's got.

Broncos fans have been sharply divided between Oz and PM ever since the playoff loss to Indy. It has been a heated debate with no grey area. I have been firmly in the PM camp for this season as our best shot at a SB. In light of this injury, it is with a heavy heart that I am officially crossing party lines to camp Brockweiller.

At Peyton's age, I have serious doubts that he can heal up a torn plantar fascia in time to play again this season. I have a sinking feeling that we may have seen him play his last NFL down. All of this makes me really sad.

I think there will be some cringeworthy moments from Brock, but on the whole, he will give us the best chance to win going forward.

If I had to choose between a healthy Peyton and Brock, I would take healthy Peyton 10 times out of 10. The problem is that I don't think we have seen healthy Peyton since before last year's game vs the Rams. At his age, with his health history, his body just won't hold up to the beating he will take behind this OL.

I hope that I am wrong and that we haven't seen the end of one of the greatest to ever take the field, but I have a real bad feeling about this situation.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 3

Idk about all this. I've had plantar fasciitis, and there's no way you could even run onto the field nevermind play three quarters of football. I don't know if plantar fasciitis is different from a "torn plantar fascia," but if anything the later sounds worse. The whole thing just sounds fishy to me. I think he just can't play anymore, with or without injury.

Idk about all this. I've had plantar fasciitis, and there's no way you could even run onto the field nevermind play three quarters of football. I don't know if plantar fasciitis is different from a "torn plantar fascia," but if anything the later sounds worse. The whole thing just sounds fishy to me. I think he just can't play anymore, with or without injury.

Are you a professional (let alone Hall of Fame) caliber athlete? These dudes have access to all kinds of pain killers. Gates played damn near a whole season with plantar fasciitis.

Also, fwiw, they say the -itis is more painful than an actual tear.

My understanding is that he is going to hang it up after this season. Unfortunately, he won't be going out with glory. It really does look like he struggles with his throws though.

Understanding from what? Things he has actually or just the usual media speculation?

I still say a good part of the regression this year is Kubiak's offense and play calling. But now it seems the injuries may be a very large part as well. (Unless you're one of the people thinking its just an excuse to save his ego).

And for those making comments like "He won't sit his ego is too big..." last time I checked coaches and GMs decide who plays and who doesn't not the players theymselves. If they were able to sit Peyton and later announce he will sit out the next game, they can bench him for the remainder of the year if they feel he isn't helping them. Who is going to stop them? I doubt the fans or media will rally for Peyton to return as bad as he has played lately. Especially if they win a couple games with Oz.