[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a ridiculous commissioner move, please help settle argument

brocknrollin

So I need everyone's help to prove a point.

My brother is commissioner of a league, and at 1-8 was out of the playoffs. He made this trade with his wife, who is in the playoff hunt. .5 ppr league. The overall fantasy rank is listed in parentheses according to Yahoo.

1-8 team gives up: DeAngelo Williams (42), Allen Robinson (25), Matt Ryan (28)

His wife gets those three guys and gives only: Roddy White (1803), Russel Wilson (61), and Michael Crabtree (50)

He tries to tell me this is a fair trade, and I am whining because me and two others in the league are raising a big stink. Please, for the justice of fantasy football, weigh in on your opinion of whether or not this is a clear collusion between Husband and Wife, or it's a legitimate fair trade. It will help settle a long argument. But probably not, because he's the most stubborn person ever.

Thank you.

Edited by brocknrollin

The funny thing is, he keeps telling me of all these people he said don't see anything wrong with this. I've told him it's ridiculous on any way you spin it: projected points going forward, overall production to this point, and to sit there and say I'm the ridiculous one for what couldn't be much more of a lop-sided trade is so frustrating.

It's less about getting him to change his mind on the trade, but just admit what he's doing, and admit that the trade is one sided. He keeps trying to sell me that it's a perfectly fair trade, and if I show him the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I'll get the moral victory.

You should not be allowed to trade once you are eliminated from the playoffs

No doubt

What about trading players for picks in order to improve your chances for next year?

All beside the point. The point is that this commissioner colluded with his wife. Don't blame OP that you are sick of these threads. This agression should not stand.

It's less about getting him to change his mind on the trade, but just admit what he's doing, and admit that the trade is one sided. He keeps trying to sell me that it's a perfectly fair trade, and if I show him the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I'll get the moral victory.

Moral victory? No...you get the league to reverse the trade, and boot his *** as commish!

why? if you are in a redraft league and are unable to trade for future picks then what purpose does someone who has 1-2 wins by week 10 serve by being able to trade other than opening the door for crap like this?....

I think everyone should have a chance to put their best team they can on the field every week. Some leagues pay high score weekly. And they should be able to have a chance to play spoiler if nothing else

I think everyone should have a chance to put their best team they can on the field every week. Some leagues pay high score weekly. And they should be able to have a chance to play spoiler if nothing else

I agree HowBout- now let me pose this question: does this trade allow that 1-8 team a better chance to win high score of the week? That's the main point of contention- I say it's a clear collusion and unfair trade, he says it gives him a better chance to win high score- amidst projections and current points saying much differently.

I agree HowBout- now let me pose this question: does this trade allow that 1-8 team a better chance to win high score of the week? That's the main point of contention- I say it's a clear collusion and unfair trade, he says it gives him a better chance to win high score- amidst projections and current points saying much differently.

the trade in the OP is junk imo, we were just hijacking your thread lol
  • Like 1

Y'all took this kid's thread off the rails on purpose. Nothing about the trade in question makes the commissioner's team better or puts him in a position to spoil anything. He is bolstering his wife's team, period.

Edit: just saw your last post. Good of you to admit.

Edited by Boy Named Suh