[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a ridiculous commissioner move, please help settle argument

brocknrollin

I think everyone should have a chance to put their best team they can on the field every week. Some leagues pay high score weekly. And they should be able to have a chance to play spoiler if nothing else

I agree and most of these leagues have a waivers process that allows the worst team to pick first...

It's not something that I prefer, but there are quite a few leagues that don't allow FAAB

Stop letting your wives play in your league!!!

...they just cause trouble.

I have only seen one league where a husband and wife had separate teams and have not pulled something shady. As a rule, I will not play in leagues where I know there is a husband/wife tandem. Almost always something occurs to make me question who exactly is managing the teams.

I love the ones where the husband team makes transactions and then 3 minutes later the wife team makes transactions. Not apparent or anything...

I have only seen one league where a husband and wife had separate teams and have not pulled something shady. As a rule, I will not play in leagues where I know there is a husband/wife tandem. Almost always something occurs to make me question who exactly is managing the teams.

I love the ones where the husband team makes transactions and then 3 minutes later the wife team makes transactions. Not apparent or anything...

I agree, I think in part he is extra defensive because of that situation. That being said, can you say he has a point that his trade is fair, or do you believe this is an obvious one-sided trade?

I agree, I think in part he is extra defensive because of that situation. That being said, can you say he has a point that his trade is fair, or do you believe this is an obvious one-sided trade?

I think the trade is collusive. However that is only my opinion based off the information presented so far.

I however also go on to state that the weekly high scorer reason given doesn't add up for this week as both D.Williams (vs 30th ranked rush defense) and Robinson (vs 29th ranked pass defense) had better match ups against the defenses then Wilson (vs 5th against pass) and Crabtree (vs 6th against pass).

Would certainly help in re-draft but if people want to collude or generally just be morons then they'll trade before they are mathematically eliminated but realistically eliminated.

In my experience...this bulltaco usually happens when a team has lost all hope...1-2 wins by week 10 is usually when that happens

Are your trades limited to just fantasy football pieces.. I mean, what if in theory someone offered to also pay X amount to the other owner or to wash a car, etc. Perhaps the wife is offering special services in exchange for the trade or she is blackmailing him, which is the likely obvious choice here.

Basically it seems like you don't want your brother to get laid, because he is probably being forced to do this trade and defend it or he's out on the couch for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

FWIW, I actually play in 2 leagues with my wife (neither for $, though), and have been doing so for 3 - 4 years now...we've never once traded, nor do I recall a time where either of us have picked-up a player the other has waived (at least immediately)...anyway, for whatever reason my teams typically have the better over all record, but I cannot ever seem to beat her teams when we play head-to-head, and it really pisses me off! LOL Edited by the outlaw

Are your trades limited to just fantasy football pieces.. I mean, what if in theory someone offered to also pay X amount to the other owner or to wash a car, etc. Perhaps the wife is offering special services in exchange for the trade or she is blackmailing him, which is the likely obvious choice here.

Basically it seems like you don't want your brother to get laid, because he is probably being forced to do this trade and defend it or he's out on the couch for the rest of the season

Rooster blocking doesn't make it not collusion. I'm old and would choose winning my fantasy football league over sex with my wife every time, but even if this guy had to make that choice, at least he could have made the trade a little less obvious and insulting to everyone else in the league. Either way, he shouldn't be commissioner, and his wife shouldn't feel good about winning from here on out.

Rooster blocking doesn't make it not collusion. I'm old and would choose winning my fantasy football league over sex with my wife every time, but even if this guy had to make that choice, at least he could have made the trade a little less obvious and insulting to everyone else in the league. Either way, he shouldn't be commissioner, and his wife shouldn't feel good about winning from here on out.

We all would, but that is strictly because of how much extra tail one can pull by being a fantasy football champion.

• Like 5

So I need everyone's help to prove a point.

My brother is commissioner of a league, and at 1-8 was out of the playoffs. He made this trade with his wife, who is in the playoff hunt. .5 ppr league. The overall fantasy rank is listed in parentheses according to Yahoo.

1-8 team gives up: DeAngelo Williams (42), Allen Robinson (25), Matt Ryan (28)

His wife gets those three guys and gives only: Roddy White (1803), Russel Wilson (61), and Michael Crabtree (50)

He tries to tell me this is a fair trade, and I am whining because me and two others in the league are raising a big stink. Please, for the justice of fantasy football, weigh in on your opinion of whether or not this is a clear collusion between Husband and Wife, or it's a legitimate fair trade. It will help settle a long argument. But probably not, because he's the most stubborn person ever.

Thank you.

I think the solution to this terribly unbalanced trade between husband and wife can be found through or by using sexual favors. Maybe the commish is getting more from allowing this horrible trade? Or... maybe you would silence your protest if you could get involved?

J/K. The trade sucks. No logic to it at all. The 1-8 team gives up a projected top ten RB (for the rest of the season). A top 10 or better WR and a solid starting QB. And what does the 1-8 team get in return? A dormant WR on the verge of retirement, a #2 WR in Crabtree and Russell Wilson, who is about the fantasy equivalent of Ryan at best. Wow.

So I need everyone's help to prove a point.

My brother is commissioner of a league, and at 1-8 was out of the playoffs. He made this trade with his wife, who is in the playoff hunt. .5 ppr league. The overall fantasy rank is listed in parentheses according to Yahoo.

1-8 team gives up: DeAngelo Williams (42), Allen Robinson (25), Matt Ryan (28)

His wife gets those three guys and gives only: Roddy White (1803), Russel Wilson (61), and Michael Crabtree (50)

He tries to tell me this is a fair trade, and I am whining because me and two others in the league are raising a big stink. Please, for the justice of fantasy football, weigh in on your opinion of whether or not this is a clear collusion between Husband and Wife, or it's a legitimate fair trade. It will help settle a long argument. But probably not, because he's the most stubborn person ever.

Thank you.

I've seen worse. What are the actual rules pertaining to league vetoes, if there are any?

I've seen worse. What are the actual rules pertaining to league vetoes, if there are any?

The league is supposed to vote during a two day window- but the problem is it went up Tuesday last week when no one was really checking, and then it passed. And while you've seen worse, would you agree or disagree this is clearly a one-sided trade from a 1-8 team giving up to the playoff contender-

Big John, can you find the thread about husband wife trading where the guy that used to write for the huddle got owned plz?

That won't help your point. That was the wife benching CJ2K against her husband, everyone threw a hissy, then whoever she played ended up outscoring him.

Oh, I thought it was a trade. Either way, it was a great thread :lol:

Yeah, it was. Exposed xxx for what he was too. Actually it does make the case of this thread, which is let people make their own decisions, they just might end up being right.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 2