[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st on waiver order.. put a claim in for Amendola but unsuccessful?

lys916

so i was the first in wavier order and had a claim in for Amendola. at the time i put the claim in i had 15 players on a max 16 players roster. I didn't have to drop any player to put the claim in since i still have 1 spot empty. So after midnight, all unclaimed players were moved to free agent and so i picked up a free agent without having to drop another player surprisingly. Now I just found out that the claim on Amendola was unsuccessful because i already have 16 players on my roster after picking up the free agent. I'm thinking yahoo shouldn't have let the free agent pick up go through unless i drop another player because technically the empty roster spot was reserved for Amendola since i put in that claim first. i don't know..i'm just little upset about it. This could save my season if it had went through, all my WRs are either injured or banged up. bummer.

so i was the first in wavier order and had a claim in for Amendola. at the time i put the claim in i had 15 players on a max 16 players roster. I didn't have to drop any player to put the claim in since i still have 1 spot empty. So after midnight, all unclaimed players were moved to free agent and so i picked up a free agent without having to drop another player surprisingly. Now I just found out that the claim on Amendola was unsuccessful because i already have 16 players on my roster after picking up the free agent. I'm thinking yahoo shouldn't have let the free agent pick up go through unless i drop another player because technically the empty roster spot was reserved for Amendola since i put in that claim first. i don't know..i'm just little upset about it. This could save my season if it had went through, all my WRs are either injured or banged up. bummer.

Murica! (the really bad word) Yeah! :usa:

Here's another thing. Let say your roster is full and you put in a claim for player A, now you must drop a player B in order for the claim to go on pending. While that claim is pending I decided that i want to pick up a player C and drop player B instead and have Player A go unsuccessful. Now Yahoo will not let me do that because player B is linked to player A. I guess a dropped player is treated differently than an empty roster spot.

Your entire waiver move must be valid to be processed, that means the player you're adding is still available and the player you're dropping is still on your roster. It isn't rocket science, and its setup this way to allow complext things like

add player A, drop player X

add player B, drop player X

add player C, drop player X

add player C, drop player Y

add player D, drop player Y

You want A B or C and will drop X, but even if you got A or B, you're still going to try to get C or D and drop another player for them.

If you have an empty roster spot and try to do (with no drops)

add player A

add player B

add player C

you will get the first available from A B C, but not more than 1 of them since your roster is full after the first add.

Just take responsibility that you screwed up and move along. You filled the spot and thus the system with its clearly defined programming had no choice but to deny your waiver.

The only thing I find odd about this whole post is that you are allowed to make transactions before waivers run but that is most likely a setup oversight in the options by the commissioner.

Edited by Def.

Just take responsibility that you screwed up and move along. You filled the spot and thus the system with its clearly defined programming had no choice but to deny your waiver.

The only thing I find odd about this whole post is that you are allowed to make transactions before waivers run but that is most likely a setup oversight in the options by the commissioner.

Yes that is confusing and the wording seems odd

"So after midnight, all unclaimed players were moved to free agent and so i picked up a free agent without having to drop another player"

Almost sounds like this happened AFTER WAIVERS were run, otherwise who are these UNCLAIMED players that became free agents? In my league this could happen mid week, somebody dropped Amendola he is on waivers. You put in a waiver claim, then deicde to fill the empty roster spot with some other free agent. But this could not happen at the beginning of the fantasy week on first waiver run (early Wed AM) since all players not on a roster are on waivers at that time.

yeah, doesn't work that way, sorry

"So after midnight, all unclaimed players were moved to free agent and so i picked up a free agent without having to drop another player"

Almost sounds like this happened AFTER WAIVERS were run, otherwise who are these UNCLAIMED players that became free agents? In my league this could happen mid week, somebody dropped Amendola he is on waivers. You put in a waiver claim, then deicde to fill the empty roster spot with some other free agent. But this could not happen at the beginning of the fantasy week on first waiver run (early Wed AM) since all players not on a roster are on waivers at that time.

in our league, just right after 12am wednesday.. all the unclaimed players that were previously on waiver list become free agent.. while the claimed players are still under the waiver list.. and they won't get processed until around 330am wednesday.

this could be commissioner's setting but it's how our league is since week 1.

Not odd at all...Yahoo! allows for both free agents (FA) and waived (W) players within its standard setting available player pool...there is no waiting period to claim a FA, whereby there is a waiting period for owners to make claims on a player who has been dropped...

There are custom settings available whereby the Commissioner can establish that once a player's game begins each week, he is then automatically placed in the "W" pool for next week, but that is not the default setting...

If you knew the empty roster spot was for your waiver wire pick of Amendola then why did you did up another player to fill that spot? When you have a full roster and you are submitting a waiver claim you always have to designate a player to be dropped with that waiver pick up. Sorry you lost out on Amendola, but that is how the waiver wire and pick up is played.

it was my mistake. i wasn't fully aware of the rule. i didn't think yahoo would let me pick up a free agent because i thought the empty spot was reserved for my claim. the reason i thought that was because i had tried picking up a free agent before and tried dropping a player that was already linked to a pending player that i had claimed but yahoo did not let me pick up the free agent.. i thought it works the same way. it is what it is.. i learn something.

Not odd at all...Yahoo! allows for both free agents (FA) and waived (W) players within its standard setting available player pool...there is no waiting period to claim a FA, whereby there is a waiting period for owners to make claims on a player who has been dropped...

There are custom settings available whereby the Commissioner can establish that once a player's game begins each week, he is then automatically placed in the "W" pool for next week, but that is not the default setting...

Thanks for the explanation, hand't considered that possibilty, or that there were free agents available during the usual first of week waiver run.

I rarely leave a roster spot open but did early this year once since I may have needed to make a move and the player I was going to drop played on Thursday, so I dropped them that afternoon to leave a spot open to make a roster move. I was a little concerned about how it would work with waivers since I had never done it, I simply left the DROP entry empty and it worked as expected.

I guess the difference for the OP was in thinking the open roster spot would be treated the same as a player set to be dropped. Even on my site (CBS) I don't think it would prevent me from trying to drop a player I had put in as the player to drop on waiver claims. Its a nice failsafe but not something I would expect.

Not to be rude, I know you been getting kicked in the shins this thread... but if you were depending on Amendola saving your season, god help your team, Amendola or not.

Not at all, I know what you're saying. It was a little bit of an exaggeration. I was hoping that he would be the last player to push me to the top. My overall roster is in a good shape except the last wr position. I'd feel much better with Amendola than without though.

I'm glad I don't play on a site where free agency opens b4 waivers are processed. WTH.

It's a setting the Commish did where someone was dropped last week and doesn't become available through waivers until the next week. In the meantime, undropped players are open to a FA claim before the Waivers run. I am in a league like this and didn't know it until last week when I tried to pick up a dropped player but the Waiver wouldn't run until this morning.

On NFL.com waivers run from 4am ET but as thats 9am in the UK we often see it happen as we're waiting to see who got what.

What actually happens in our league is all the free agents who haven't been claimed in waivers are free to be picked up from 9am and then waivers are processed in the next 30mins. So often people in our league will log on at 9am to pick up the best of the rest. Because of this you could pick up a free agent and drop a player that would make one of your waiver claims invalid. I assume NFL.com don't see it as an issue because 99% of their leagues are in North America and are asleep.

PS Before somebody mentions NFL.com being a manure site, I agree but the owners in the league like it for whatever reason so I can't win the vote to move it.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

I'm glad I don't play on a site where free agency opens b4 waivers are processed. WTH.

I don't know about other sites but on yahoo if you set waiver to from 'game time - tuesday'. At 12am wednesday, it'll take longer to process waiver claims than to release the unclaimed players to free agency. I don't think it's the setting.. it just how yahoo processes it and it takes longer to process the claimed players. If anyone know how to set weekly waiver to end on Tuesday but free agents won't be released until after 4am wednesday then that should be better

On NFL.com waivers run from 4am ET but as thats 9am in the UK we often see it happen as we're waiting to see who got what.

What actually happens in our league is all the free agents who haven't been claimed in waivers are free to be picked up from 9am and then waivers are processed in the next 30mins. So often people in our league will log on at 9am to pick up the best of the rest. Because of this you could pick up a free agent and drop a player that would make one of your waiver claims invalid. I assume NFL.com don't see it as an issue because 99% of their leagues are in North America and are asleep.

PS Before somebody mentions NFL.com being a taco site, I agree but the owners in the league like it for whatever reason so I can't win the vote to move it.

This is exactly whats happening in our league. At 12am wednesday pacific time anyone can log in and free to pick up the left over players that were unclaimed.. the claimed players will then be processed 3 hours later. I don't think there's any settings to change this on yahoo.

If you have an empty roster spot and try to do (with no drops)

add player A

add player B

add player C

you will get the first available from A B C, but not more than 1 of them since your roster is full after the first add.

That's what I did with empty roster.

add player A (from waiver) - pending

add player B (free agent) - instantly went through and player A claim is bad.

This is what will happen with full roster.

add player A(waiver) - drop play X - pending

add player B (free agent) - drop player X - error! Player cannot be replaced.. player is in a pending transaction.

Edited by lys916

See what you're saying. Seems more like a programming error, and a little bit of carelessness on your part. It would make more sense for a prompt to say that the empty roster spot was in a pending transaction but then the waiver system would have to treat the "empty spot" as a player to be able to act as if it is "in a pending transaction". Without looking at the code it's hard to determine whether or not it would be an easy fix or just be more trouble than what it's worth.

Edited by Inziladun
  • Like 1

add player B (free agent) - drop player X - error! Player cannot be replaced.. player is in a pending transaction.

That is specifically to prevent roster shenanigans, either intentional or otherwise...

Well its only natural your waiver claim would be rejected as there isn't a roster space left, otherwise it would just be abused by owners constantly.