[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curious about your # of post draft acquisitions so far.

Boy Named Suh

Only play in one league, 12 teams, 18 rostered (9 start), no roster limits. $2 per player added (trade, free agent, waiver), the cost keeps the # down, without that I think we'd see at least a 50% increase.

I've made 11 moves, or about 1/week which is pretty average for me and our league. We have some teams who've made only 5 and one who has the record (and usually does most years) at 28. This guy picks up a player on Tue/Wed and drops them on Fri/Sat when he likes somebody else better.

My record is 4-6, the owner who has made 28 moves is 4-5-1. He routines leads the league in moves but rarely finishes in the top 4. He just doesn't care much about the $2 cost and churns his roster. Best team in our leauge is 7-3 and has made 14 moves.

Edited by stevegrab

Yeah, i'm on my second go around with Karlos. I have a solid core of players in both leagues, but there is always a bench spot or two that has just been a revolving door of guys who don't play. I think I'm being clever by stashing Tevin Coleman the week before he comes back from injury or I'm convinced that Ted Ginn is going to magically become Randy Moss. I just did it again stashing Ajayai. In my mind, he is a great stash for playoff time, but I will probably decide he is expendable next week. It is borderline insanity.

This the case in most leagues unless your bench is really short. I keep looking for that next guy that could be a stud, especially long term (we keep 5 players). Like last year I eventually unearthed Latavius Murray. This year Diggs may be the jewel.

Of the players I've added to my team since the draft only 3 have been cut (first 3 were to cover byes)

- Giants D

- Gano K

- Crocket Gillmore

- Javorious Allen - didn't pan out

All the others replaced underperforming or injured players.

This the case in most leagues unless your bench is really short. I keep looking for that next guy that could be a stud, especially long term (we keep 5 players). Like last year I eventually unearthed Latavius Murray. This year Diggs may be the jewel.

Of the players I've added to my team since the draft only 3 have been cut (first 3 were to cover byes)

- Giants D

- Gano K

- Crocket Gillmore

I actually think that I would have considerably less drops in a keeper league. I definitely wouldn't be so quick to drop guys like Bell and Keenan Allen for one week rentals which then turns into another one week rental and so on.

- Giants D

- Gano K

- Crocket Gillmore

Somewhat off topic, but as I have no experience with keeper leagues, do most of them also have IR slots? If so, then you can ignore my last post. I would probably be just as bad.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

23 moves in a 10-team PPR.

My 2nd go-around with Karlos William and CJ Anderson (who I wasted a #11 pick on after my #10 on Julio). And I just cut Anderson last night for K Aiken. But I lost 2 other draftees to IR with Keenan Allen and Steve Smith. I stream DST after Ravens D burned me.

I'm 6-4 in 2nd Place due to Points Scored. 3 other teams also are 6-4 LOL 1st is 10-0!!

My only regret is dropping DeAngelo Williams after LeVeon Bell returned. UGH! and maybe not picking up Devonta Freeman cuz he burned me 2 years in a row

Somewhat off topic, but as I have no experience with keeper leagues, do most of them also have IR slots? If so, then you can ignore my last post. I would probably be just as bad.

I only play in the one league, we do not have any IR slots. We discussed it some years ago but managing it (when they can go on, when they must come off, etc) seemed rather complicated so we just decided to keep our rosters big or make them bigger.

Your point about less turnover in a keeper is true to an extent, I have been signing young guys that might get a chance (mostly WR/RB) to take a key role on their team. I keep them until it becomes clear they won't do that soon, or need the spot for more immediate help with byes and injuries. But I rarely add some up and coming free agent one week then cut them the next.

But as I said without the $2 fee I think we'd see a lot more moves. At some point in the season if you're out of it and not likely to win money you decide to stop spending more. More people might stream defense or kicker, even TE. I'd probably be stashing guys for a week or two more often just in case they can break out.

Most injured stud players are not cut, somebody will pick them up, that is the case for Bell, Allen, Foster, etc. Cruz was drafted, then cut week 7, resigned week 9 (I think he was supposed to be close to returning again, then finally out on IR). Still on a roster today. Bryant, Romo, all those injured guys stay on the team. We start 9 and have 9 bench slots so stashing a couple guys on IR can be done, just means less depth and more moves.

Guys like Josh Gordon (suspended for the year) are worth looking at and add before the regular season is over. Then I can keep him (all teams keep 5 players, there is no limit to years or escalating draft pick cost). It certainly adds to the strategy and means a lot of players are not dropped like they are in a redraft.

• Like 1

I've done 29 add/drops this season. This is an insane amount for me. Usually I go all season with 6-8. But, i have moved from a 1-3 record to 7-3. Lacy, dez, evens, gore were my 1-4 picks. Most of my moves have been depth moves, not sure i needed to do this, but after "playing my studs" in the first 4 weeks...i had to get creative! It cost $5 per move, but I don't care about cost...I care about WINNING!

Edited by awesomebench

61 moves. 9-1 record. Injuries to Jamaal, Dion, and S.Smith Sr. had a big impact. I always look for a better player, or a way to improve. I do it it every single day....repeatedly. I need meds....

Brady

Freeman

D.Murray

LaFell

Amendola

J.Reed

C.West

Cardinals

McManus

TY

M.Bryant

Diggs

Cooks

K.Williams

Hurns

T.Coleman

I've done 26 add/drops (no fees for doing so; standard league, 9 starters, 6 man bench). I'm 6-4.

The only guys I drafted that are still on my roster are:

Lynch

Blount

Forsett

Evans

Broncos DST

Edited by pun

9-1. I traded Rivers and Gates (after Gates' return) for Gronk and Gurley and that has certainly helped. I've made 42 moves.

Highlights: picked up Blount (dropped K. Aiken after Steve Smith came back)

picked up Arian Foster at the beginning of the season after he was dropped

picked up Donte Moncrief prior to his nice stretch of games

Lowlights: Orleans Darkwa, Tyler Lockett, Colin Kaepernik for a spot start (he sucked)

8-man league (yes I know....they won't budge on adding guys, been too long at 8 guys)

2-8 record (2-1 in last three because of langford)

30 moves

horrible and I mean horrible draft, took too many chances that didn't pan out (cj anderson killed me at the 1.6)

Historically in this long time local, I am by far the most active owner, mostly because I stream defenses. I've won a dozen times or so over the past 20 years, until this year of course, my worst year ever and will finish in last for the first time...yuk

horrible and I mean horrible draft, took too many chances that didn't pan out (cj anderson killed me at the 1.6)

who else did you draft? this was my first year and i came into it not really knowing much about how valuable each position is plus not knowing nearly as much as i should have about individual players in general outside of the teams i follow..... and i drafted Peyton in the second round :doh: I sorta panicked after seeing a few people take Luck and Rodgers and thought everyone else would take all the decent QBs that round.

looking back at the draft, i could have taken Julio, Gronk, Hopkins, Ingram, Alshon...hell Brady would have worked out OK.

My two local redrafts...

30 transactions & 2 trades (9-2)

15 transactions (7-3)

So - it costs $2.50 for every drop and $2.50 for every add in my local. It costs $2 to trade a player and $2 to receive a traded player.

This money gets used to increase various player pool pay outs and also funds food/beverage at the eoy party.

Assuming the 30 transactions are 15 adds/drops - you would be charged $79 to be 9-2 in my local.