[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews: Will he play?

anismith

In Week 3, when Demarco was out, Sproles got 18.76 points against the Jets.

11 rushes/17 yards/1 TD

4 rec/19 yards/6 targets

those 15 combined touches were the most he's had all Season

I typically hate to think this way, but take away that TD and that's a pretty lousy game.

So if you're going to start Sproles based on thinking his touches will increase, that's risky thinking.

That said, the Bucs are in no way, shape or form like the Jets defensively... so perhaps the uptick in touches will be a good thing for him in this case.

If I was struggling to find a suitable PPR RB to plug in at RB2, I'd have to consider him.

Sproles is way overdue for a TD, and with Mathews out, the likelihood of a TD increases even more so. I'm gladly starting him in larger leagues in the flex spot.

That is like saying that I am overdue for a supermodel, and because Brad Pitt got married, my chances went up.

They may have, but not by enough to make it worth breaking out the good cologne.

• Like 1

That is like saying that I am overdue for a supermodel, and because Brad Pitt got married, my chances went up.

They may have, but not by enough to make it worth breaking out the good cologne.

No it is not. That is a terrible analogy. End of line.

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 2

No it is not. That is a terrible analogy. End of line.

Oh. Sorry then. Starting Darren Sproles is a great idea! :tup:

It's not like Tampa has held far far better RBs without a rushing TD the last six weeks in a row. It's not like Sproles' only game with double digit carries resulted in 17 yards rushing.

Guess I just should have led with that instead of trying to be clever.

While it may be a terrible analogy, it's also pretty idiotic to say a guy is "due" for a TD. :lol:

Is it?....when you factor in talent and usage?...he doesn't have much tread on his tires this season and has Sanchez at the helm....

I think Sproles "is due for a TD" haha....but I could be wrong :out:

Is it?....when you factor in talent and usage?...he doesn't have much tread on his tires this season and has Sanchez at the helm....

I think Sproles "is due for a TD" haha....but I could be wrong :out:

:shrug: I guess. What other RBs are "due" for a TD? Are any not due? What separates those that are due and those that are not?

Watch him go out and score 3. :lol:

:shrug: I guess. What other RBs are "due" for a TD? Are any not due? What separates those that are due and those that are not?

Watch him go out and score 3. :lol:

I think it is the fact that he will see looks in the redzone and the Bucs defense is pretty stingy so when Sanchez is in the redzone, he will likely look to Sproles....

I mean, I am grasping at straws but it makes sense for him to do something this week....

I think it is the fact that he will see looks in the redzone and the Bucs defense is pretty stingy so when Sanchez is in the redzone, he will likely look to Sproles....

I mean, I am grasping at straws but it makes sense for him to do something this week....

Are we talking about Sproles or Murray here? :woot: I mean, I love Murray this week.

I could see Sanchez checking down a bunch, but do you really want to bet on him? There has got to be a better option.

In PPR leagues? Absolutely going to start him as a flex. New QB, more touches due to Mathews out, a TB team that isn't THAT good at defense, and Kelly's propensity for using that second back quite a bit. His opportunity is better than it has been and I have a gut feeling he is going to have a good game, fantasy wise. We also get return scores counted, which potentially could happen too. He scores around 6 tds a year rushing/receiving and only has one this year, so that is where my "he's due for a TD" comes from. Just sharing a hunch based on history, not gospel bro. Some agree, so take it as you want (which you obviously have gone out of your way to disagree about). Which of course is your prerogative.