[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Mathews: Will he play?

anismith

I typically hate to think this way, but take away that TD and that's a pretty lousy game.

So if you're going to start Sproles based on thinking his touches will increase, that's risky thinking.

That said, the Bucs are in no way, shape or form like the Jets defensively... so perhaps the uptick in touches will be a good thing for him in this case.

If I was struggling to find a suitable PPR RB to plug in at RB2, I'd have to consider him.

I agree but was thinking the same thing. Without PPR he isn't doing much, in my league without the TD he scored 2 pts. Not sure what kind of scoring has him getting nearly 20 points for 36 combined yards,a TD & 4 rec.

I could see Sanchez checking down a bunch, but do you really want to bet on him? There has got to be a better option.

Sanchez moves the ball downfield better than Bradford and doesn't check down nearly as much...

I would bump up Matthews as well as either Ertz or Celek....which in turn can create more space for Sproles out of the backfield...

And don't get me wrong, Sanchez might turn it over 2...maybe 3 times, but he is going to keep the defense honest...unlike Bradford..

I could see Sanchez checking down a bunch, but do you really want to bet on him? There has got to be a better option.

Yes, I really wanted to bet on him, and no, not in big leagues there wasn't a better option.

Oh. Sorry then. Starting Darren Sproles is a great idea! :tup:

It's not like Tampa has held far far better RBs without a rushing TD the last six weeks in a row. It's not like Sproles' only game with double digit carries resulted in 17 yards rushing.

Guess I just should have led with that instead of trying to be clever.

It sure was.

Edited by heehawks