[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7 Game Season starts Sunday. Go Cowboys

Cowboyz1

I've seen Carolina let some teams back in the games, so points don't equal the visual domination at times. If the Cowboys can't pass protect, the season is over because Romo will get killed.

I have no doubt this is going to be a very good game and give the Cowboys the edge at home on a short week. 29-24.

Well the more I study this game the more confidence I feel.

The Panthers are undefeated but looking deeper into who they beat.

1 Sun, Sep 13 @ Jacksonville W20-9 4-6
2 Sun, Sep 20 vs Houston W24-17 5-5
3 Sun, Sep 27 vs New Orleans W27-22 4-6
4 Sun, Oct 4 @ Tampa Bay W37-23 5-5
5 BYE WEEK
6 Sun, Oct 18 @ Seattle W27-23 5-5
7 Sun, Oct 25 vs Philadelphia W27-16 4-6
8 Mon, Nov 2 vs Indianapolis W29-26 OT 5-5
9 Sun, Nov 8 vs Green Bay W37-29 7-3
10 Sun, Nov 15@ Tennessee W27-10 2-8
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W44-16 4-6
One team with a winning record.
Against good offenses, Carolina gives up points. You can score on Carolina if you have a good offense. - guess that makes Dallas a BAD offense
Carolina is plus 13 in the turnover department and takes advantage of the ones they get.
Carolina's defense is predicated on pressure and turnovers. Norman is their best corner and most likely will be assigned to Dez.
Dallas has a shot because:
1. They can score points. With Romo back he has proven he can score on anyone. - haven't seen any proof of this
2. They have an O line that can go toe to toe with any defensive front in the league. They can pass block and maul you in the run game.
3. We have our Kueckly in Sean Lee and raise you a Kueckly on steroids with McClain.
4. Hardy will be playing against his old team and old friend in Orr their LT. They have known each other since their one on one basketball days in college. The same ones the coach had to calm down when they went at it so hard.
5. None of the WR on Carolina scares me. Olsen is their best threat. Gin, Funchess,Cotchery,Brown, none of them worries me. I suspect only Olsen owned on any fantasy teams. They are a product of Cam playing well but individual talent isn't anything special IMO.
6. We have been able to stop the run. Steward is decent but we have faced better backs.
The wild card is Cam's ability to run. However, we have good experience against mobile QBs facing Russel and Tannehill to like to run a bit.
This should be a great game. So looking forward to it.

Time to take off those rose colored glasses now ...

That's 1.

6 more to go. Next up Carolina and the Cam Newtons. Oh boy.........Here we go.

You know when I look at Carolina's schedule it's actually encouraging. I like our chances and the spread speaks volumes.

Looks like the Panthers still haven't played anyone.

Nice to see a good winner. Nothing shows character like kicking a guy when he's down.

Well, I was just agreeing with his assessment of the Panthers' "soft" schedule but maybe now is not the right time. I guess I'm in the wrong here like JJ Watt's postgame interview last week when he said, "Our goal was to come in here and make the 'Red Rifle' look like a Red Ryder BB gun..."

There are a lot of people and even children who read these forums and perhaps my posts could be perceived as gloating. It's disappointing that I would write stuff like this. I'm an insensitive bastard.

Edited by electricrelish
  • Like 1

Well, I was just agreeing with his assessment of the Panthers' "soft" schedule but maybe now is not the right time. I guess I'm in the wrong here like JJ Watt's postgame interview last week when he said, "Our goal was to come in here and make the 'Red Rifle' look like a Red Ryder BB gun..."

There are a lot of people and even children who read these forums and perhaps my posts which could be perceived as gloating. It's disappointing that I would write stuff like this. I'm an insensitive bastard.

How many teams have they beaten with a winning record...1? Their schedule has sucked..but credit where its due..you still have to win and they have

How many teams have they beaten with a winning record...1? Their schedule has sucked..but credit where its due..you still have to win and they have

The other undefeated NFL team has also only beat one team with a winning record so far. Talk about synchronicity. Edited by electricrelish

I'm not sure what that has to do with anyone saying Car has played a soft schedule

I'm expanding on Cowboyz1's and your point about a soft schedule by pointing out that both undefeated teams have had weak schedules so far; since they have both only beaten one team apiece with winning records. It's possible that neither of these teams should be held in too high esteem. Maybe the weak competition makes them look better than they are.

Well at this point in the season there aren't very many good teams period, There's only 9 out of 32 teams with records above .500.

So perhaps who have you beaten is a better qualitative measuring question for college teams than the NFL at this point in the season?

I'm expanding on Cowboyz1's and your point about a soft schedule by pointing out that both undefeated teams have had weak schedules so far; since they have both only beaten one team apiece with winning records. It's possible that neither of these teams should be held in too high esteem. Maybe the weak competition makes them look better than they are.

gotcha

Hey buddy I wasn't trying to knock down the Panthers

I didn't imply you were. I think both the Panthers and Patriots are the two best teams in the league regardless if only two of the teams beaten had winning records. Doesn't really matter because who is the best today can change from here to the playoffs. What the Panthers did accomplish today was possibly clinching a playoff spot. It's not official yet depending on outcomes from other games but they did complete the first step in the process.

Edited by electricrelish