[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Cam run the ball less now?

chepe805

We love him here, guess it is kinda like when I was at lane stadium Saturday and they introduced Mike Vick and every VT fan in the house went crazy....you love your own even if they have a big ego or kill dogs, in the end nothing really matters I guess!

That's got to be one of the saddest posts and sentiments that I have ever witnessed on these boards. Mike Vick should still be in prison, what a f'n a-hole.

Just to make sure you understood me right, I was wearing Carolina Blue in there and not cheering the dog killer....but all the VT fans were praising him!!!

That's got to be one of the saddest posts and sentiments that I have ever witnessed on these boards. Mike Vick should still be in prison, what a f'n a-hole.

Out of curiosity, how long should a person be persecuted for a crime done as a young adult. Don't get me wrong. I still think the guy is a POS. However, my thoughts aside, if a guy serves his time, never does anything like that again and turns over a new leaf so to speak, should we still hate the guy and should he be imprisoned for life or until he is very very old like 40 or more years.

I want to be clear, I don't like the guy, have no respect for him at all. I just want to know what a person would have to do in your mind to pay his due.

For me, he would never play in the NFL again that's for sure. Not sure I would hire the guy either.

Out of curiosity, how long should a person be persecuted for a crime done as a young adult. Don't get me wrong. I still think the guy is a POS. However, my thoughts aside, if a guy serves his time, never does anything like that again and turns over a new leaf so to speak, should we still hate the guy and should he be imprisoned for life or until he is very very old like 40 or more years.

I want to be clear, I don't like the guy, have no respect for him at all. I just want to know what a person would have to do in your mind to pay his due.

For me, he would never play in the NFL again that's for sure. Not sure I would hire the guy either.

I absolutely think that if you do your time and stay away from that stuff, you deserve to create a new narrative. The catch is that you have to do it for yourself, and not for public perception. No matter what you do, someone is always going to continue to trash you, and if you are doing positive things for the wrong reasons, that will get to you and you may backslide because what's the point if everyone is going to trash you anyway. If you are turning yourself around because you recognize that what you did was wrong and sincerely want to change, then it won't matter what anyone else thinks. You have to know that some people will never forgive you or accept you, but you can't let that stop you from turning your self around for your own good.

I guess to answer your question, I would expect someone to drop off the map if they are truly turning themselves around. If they stayed in the public eye, I would always suspect that any apologies or public transformation are not legitimate, and are all for show. If someone takes time off, and gets introspective and leaves the trash behind, I could see him getting my respect back.

A good example on a lower degree of negative behavior is Johnny Manziel. His immaturity really turned me off, but I have always maintained that If he puts the Friday night frat parties behind him during the season, and gets into the film room instead, and proves that he is taking his job seriously and putting in the work it takes to be an NFL QB, I will not hold the immaturity against him.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

not as long as he can do his little Superman thing where he scores.

Ego> injury risk

Haha, so you think they call run plays for him to feed his ego, not because he is 6'5 250 pounds and can do things like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wL_qMCK3M ? Whatever man, keep thinking whatever you want to. Good luck the rest of the season with Sanchez(I think you're a Philly fan, if not I apologize)

Edited by willswear3

Haha, so you think they call run plays for him to feed his ego, not because he is 6'5 250 pounds and can do things like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9wL_qMCK3M ? Whatever man, keep thinking whatever you want to. Good luck the rest of the season with Sanchez(I think you're a Philly fan, if not I apologize)

I find it hard to believe that even as a Carolina fan, you can't understand why alot of people wanna see Cam get smoked Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

:shrug:

not sure what a sh1t-a$$ed backup QB has to do with the argument but they'll end up losing a game when he gets the ball swatted out of his hand reaching for the goal-line.

:shrug:

not sure what a sh1t-a$$ed backup QB has to do with the argument but they'll end up losing a game when he gets the ball swatted out of his hand reaching for the goal-line.

Reading what I wrote back now, I realize what I said came off looking like a shot at the Eagles, but I was honestly wishing you guys luck as I want the Eagles to win the division(or really anyone but the Cowboys). For some reason I thought Sam Bradford had a dislocated shoulder, but I just googled it and saw he was coming back this week.

I find it hard to believe that even as a Carolina fan, you can't understand why alot of people wanna see Cam get smoked

I truly don't understand it. I understand that a LOT of people hate him, but I don't know why. Is it that he celebrates when he gets to the endzone like 80% of other NFL players? Do you hate him? If so, what is it about him you hate?

Reading what I wrote back now, I realize what I said came off looking like a shot at the Eagles, but I was honestly wishing you guys luck as I want the Eagles to win the division(or really anyone but the Cowboys). For some reason I thought Sam Bradford had a dislocated shoulder, but I just googled it and saw he was coming back this week.

I truly don't understand it. I understand that a LOT of people hate him, but I don't know why. Is it that he celebrates when he gets to the endzone like 80% of other NFL players? Do you hate him? If so, what is it about him you hate?

People I know that don't like him, dislike his immaturity. Just b/c you give the ball to a little kid doesn't give you the right to do things that make you look like a jagoff. I've seen him do his Superman thing down by 21 points (not this year). Kind of asinine. Your team is getting it handed to you and your showing off b/c you finally put 7 on the board?

Hiding under the towel on the sidelines. I could see Peyton or Brady doing that or maybe not since they would have to stop talking to the OC.

He seems like he's getting it a little better this year and his passing game is coming around. He's no longer a just a "bigger Mike Vick". Probably time for him to grow up a little.

I think the stuff from college bugs some people too but I don't really even remember what all that was.

People I know that don't like him, dislike his immaturity. Just b/c you give the ball to a little kid doesn't give you the right to do things that make you look like a jagoff. I've seen him do his Superman thing down by 21 points (not this year). Kind of asinine. Your team is getting it handed to you and your showing off b/c you finally put 7 on the board?

Hiding under the towel on the sidelines. I could see Peyton or Brady doing that or maybe not since they would have to stop talking to the OC.

He seems like he's getting it a little better this year and his passing game is coming around. He's no longer a just a "bigger Mike Vick". Probably time for him to grow up a little.

I think the stuff from college bugs some people too but I don't really even remember what all that was.

I don't hate him, but I root for him to get smoked :lol:. Good post zoot imo

Problem is many (myself included) feel he never "did his time" because he was given what appears as "star" treatment by the state. To not derail the topic, I'll simply say if the feds had not stepped I believe he may not have ever been charged.

• Like 1

I don't think they change the game plan one bit.

I am neutral to his antics but it seems to be working for them. They can win without him having crazy games and that is the sign of a very good team.

Would love to see Arizona and Carolina go to the NFCC.

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/7190987/auburn-tigers-records-reveal-details-cam-newton-scandal

Not like he's the first and he won't be the last either. Everyone knows you have to pay up to win a college football National Championship.

Yeah, people aren't still hating on Reggie Bush. Granted, he isn't in the spotlight much these days, but I lived in New Orleans when they won the SB, and no one cared about him having to give back the Heisman. As mentioned by Zoot, I think that Cam's personality on the field in isolating himself with the towel, and just not being what people expect a leader to be have contributed to their dislike for him.

I think it's pretty hypocritical that now that he is stepping out and celebrating with his teammates more, and establishing himself as having a personality, he is getting even more criticism. People are going to hate him regardless. I think it was a class act when he responded to the letter writing mom who was offended on behalf of her kid, and I loved that while he apologized if she was offended, he also said that the dancing makes him happy, and it isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1