[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's been your biggest fantasy regret of the year?

AWindsor

• 2 weeks later...

Well we all can't be as good as Henry Muto. Still have a lot to learn.

This is my 26th year in fantasy football and I am regretting many mistakes I have made this year from the draft to waivers so don't ever expect that it will ever end. Even when they are not really even "mistakes" they feel like they are and you beat yourself up for it but we don't have crystal balls and it is easy to say after the fact it was a "mistake" when sometimes it was just bad luck.

I dropped D-Williams in 4 leagues the week before Bell got hurt.

I dropped David Johnson in 6 leagues the last few weeks.

I knew D-Williams had top 5 RB potential if Bell was out but I made "mistake" moves like picking up Darkwa for him or a DF for him.

I loved David Johnson this year I drafted him in about 15 leagues held him the entire year until I accepted the fact that it just wasn't going to happen for him this year. CJ like never gets hurt and he was the starter and Ellington had worked his way back into 2nd string with David Johnson getting scraps for the past month. So I finally gave up on DJ in about 6-7 leagues last week sometimes for a backup kicker (because our waivers lock in these leagues last week for RTS for rest of season and its hard to risk 1 kicker for the final 5 weeks).

Now I am beating myself up for these "mistakes". In 1 league where I am in the running for 200K I have Beckham, Calvin, Allen Robinson, Jordan Reed and I cut both D-Will and David Johnson in this league.

I may have made a potentially 200K mistake in these leagues only time will tell and I want to tell myself I will learn from these "mistakes" but sometimes it really is just bad luck. We don't have a crystal ball and we are only allowed 20 roster spots and you have bye weeks, injuries, waiver locking ect.

So everyone here don't beat yourself up too bad for your "mistakes" this is called life and fantasy football and no matter how "good" you are or how long you have played you will always continue to make "mistakes" that is just the nature of this beast.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Like 1

In one league where I am currently super thin at RB heading into the playoffs, I dropped D-Will as soon as Bell returned from his 2-week suspension, then later, I also dropped D. Johnson when he had fallen to RB3 on the Cards depth chart...I'm really regretting both of those decisions, now, as either of those guys could be playoff gold at this juncture...

This is my 26th year in fantasy football and I am regretting many mistakes I have made this year from the draft to waivers so don't ever expect that it will ever end. Even when they are not really even "mistakes" they feel like they are and you beat yourself up for it but we don't have crystal balls and it is easy to say after the fact it was a "mistake" when sometimes it was just bad luck.

I dropped D-Williams in 4 leagues the week before Bell got hurt.

I dropped David Johnson in 6 leagues the last few weeks.

I knew D-Williams had top 5 RB potential if Bell was out but I made "mistake" moves like picking up Darkwa for him or a DF for him.

I loved David Johnson this year I drafted him in about 15 leagues held him the entire year until I accepted the fact that it just wasn't going to happen for him this year. CJ like never gets hurt and he was the starter and Ellington had worked his way back into 2nd string with David Johnson getting scraps for the past month. So I finally gave up on DJ in about 6-7 leagues last week sometimes for a backup kicker (because our waivers lock in these leagues last week for RTS for rest of season and its hard to risk 1 kicker for the final 5 weeks).

Now I am beating myself up for these "mistakes". In 1 league where I am in the running for 200K I have Beckham, Calvin, Allen Robinson, Jordan Reed and I cut both D-Will and David Johnson in this league.

I may have made a potentially 200K mistake in these leagues only time will tell and I want to tell myself I will learn from these "mistakes" but sometimes it really is just bad luck. We don't have a crystal ball and we are only allowed 20 roster spots and you have bye weeks, injuries, waiver locking ect.

So everyone here don't beat yourself up too bad for your "mistakes" this is called life and fantasy football and no matter how "good" you are or how long you have played you will always continue to make "mistakes" that is just the nature of this beast.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

This is my 15th or 16th year of playing and this year has made me feel like I don't know anything about football anymore. I have never made more wrong decisions regarding my line ups or roster moves as I have this year. You are right, it doesn't matter how long you have played you will continue to make the wrong decisions

My dumbest move: last week picked up a backup TE due to closing wires. I picked up SF TE...but, i picked up by looking at box scores, so i got the guy that was only in to cover celek. Smh..

If olsen goes down im tacoed

Well you're in luck cause Celek is on IR and Vance (assuming you're talking about Vance?) is leading SF's TE depth chart.

Well you're in luck cause Celek is on IR and Vance (assuming you're talking about Vance?) is leading SF's TE depth chart.

Really...cool. i did not know this...ty for heads up!! It was a last minute change. Why? Couse i didnt know the league rule of closing wires and trade on dec 2. Lol. Should follow my own advice i guess.