[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again...

BA Baracus

Of course it's an excuse. Youth should be enjoyed. And tons of players went from partying in their early years to settling down. Brett Favre partied like a rock star 7 nights a week for several years in Green Bay before settling down. Favre would go out to the local bars and get drunk on Saturday nights before games. Manziel has always been in the spotlight. And in today's age of phone cameras, we have just seen more of his escapades than previous generations. If he doesn't get his act together in 3 or 4 years, then it'll be the time to worry.

And if Manziel had Favre's talent he could get away with it as well ... but Johnny is in a position where both his physical and mental abilities are being questioned ... so he can't party like a rock star.

Young men get cut every year in the NFL. There are plenty of youthful men with talent. You have a very small window to demonstrate that you can make it in the NFL before the NFL discards you and moves on ... Johnny is squandering his window of opportunity in bars.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1

Anybody who defines it like that is dismissed from any serious discussion of addiction, complete BS and not sure where you're getting that from (who the hell things that?).

The rest of your post is just you being uninformed so you excuse it as media hype. As a fan of the team drafted him (and knowing nothing about him before that) I've followed things and read up on his past. He has had this problem for a while, and it isn't him being "caught in the justice system" or some other nonsense.

Go to just one AA meeting, i dare ya...

Never claimed to be informed on his life...cause i don't care. Lol

Edited by awesomebench

What's up kettle...pot here...looking black brah

I feel you, and I really wasn't trying to be snarky with my comment. I really feel that Jerry lets the guys get away with too much, and it may color the way cowboys fans view what is acceptable behavior without realizing that there are owners and general managers who expect results when they give a guy a chance to start after a stint in rehab.

Of his 9 lives, he has probably used up 2 or 3. He has enough talent that teams won't give up on him for at least 4 or 5 more years. His best shot at becoming a decent NFL quarterback is to get on a team with a good coach and stable offensive system. Partying hard and getting cut might be the best way to achieve that.

LOL ... yeah okay ... I can just see a team in need of a starting QB going after a discarded Cleveland QB who hasn't shown he has the maturity or talent to lead a team. That is rich.

• Like 1

I agree, but it's HIS opportunity to lose...why do we care? I dont...lol

He's a first round bust back-up QB on a losing team. I don't see what all the fuss is about either. YES, he's an idiot. YES, he has some kind of problem. YES, he's pissing away his career. Who cares? Browns fans shouldn't even give a damn at this point. If I'm a Browns fan, I'm starting threads about how my team/organization sucks. I'm complaining about the systematic incompetence that has plagued the franchise for decades. I mean DAMN, the guy isn't even relevant to fantasy football, so, why does this thread even matter on this board?

...I almost feel like whoever started this thread did it to troll everyone LOL. We're all arguing over an irrelevant idiot LMAO!!!

Edited by Macksimus

He's a first round bust back-up QB on a losing team. I don't see what all the fuss is about either. YES, he's an idiot. YES, he has some kind of problem. YES, he's pissing away his career. Who cares? Browns fans shouldn't even give a damn at this point. If I'm a Browns fan, I'm starting threads about how my team/organization sucks. I'm complaining about the systematic incompetence that has plagued the franchise for decades. I mean DAMN, the guy isn't even relevant to fantasy football, so, why does this thread even matter on this board?

...I almost feel like whoever started this thread did it to troll everyone on this board LOL. We're all arguing over an irrelevant idiot LMAO!!!

Yet you have responded on this thread how many times?

If he truly is an alcoholic, then this bad. The reality is that nobody here know very much at all about Johnny's situation, yet plenty are ready to jump to conclusions.

Lots of people go into substance abuse programs for various reasons, not all of them are addicts.

If it comes out that he really does have the disease, then I will eat that crow. Right now though, this just a bunch of PC, oversensitivity, bullmanure.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Stop what? I'm not trying to antagonize anyone, unlike some folks. This is a Johnny Manziel thread, right? That's a legitimate question. Jerry came out and said he wished they had targeted Johnny harder in the draft. Do you think he still thinks that?

Why would he? And the only thing I've read on this topic from Jerry is that he wanted Johnny but his son and staff convinced him not to and he was glad they did

What a player does in his free time is his business. If he does something stupid that impacts his performance on the field, he will need to deal with the consequences. I have partied with quite a few pro athletes and most of them were able to not let it effect their jobs. Athletes today need to be aware that there are cameras everywhere and they live a public life. I could care less if Johnny was acting stupid and partying. It's his life and his to throw away if he chooses. If he shows up to practice and plays well, who cares. If he lets the lifestyle ruin him, he has made his choice. It's called personal responsibility, something I seems to be missing today.

• Like 1

Babe Ruth, Dennis Rodman, Don Drysdale,Michael Irvin, LT, Joe Namath..............

I'm not putting him in that company, but imagine those guys and many more like them playing today.... :lol:

On a serious note, I am a recovering alcoholic and began my battle 1yr ago. I myself have tripped twice and have felt the wrath from the film induatry. If he is truly sincere, he will get up, dust himself off and keep trying. It might take him being cut or traded to wake up. I don't think he has the right people surrounding him either. I remember a very rebellious Dez Bryant being assigned baby sitters to straighten him out. And by all accounts (and his silly media outburst means nothing) he's straightened up. I think the absolute best thing for him and Cleveland is to part ways.

You are stronger than he is I'll bet.

• Like 1

Simple facts here. Johnny had a problem doing coke and drinking way too much and couldn't focus on his job as a starting QB for a multi-million dollar franchise. They support him going to rehab in the offseason to get things figured out so he could focus on playing football. He gets out of rehab knowing that people are going to be looking for any signs that he is regressing and shouldn't be trusted with the keys to the Browns offense. Instead of making sure there is NO chance of ending up on the News, on youtube or twitter Drinking and giving his bosses any reason to think he's relapsing, he decides to throw caution to the wind and party it up in front of the camera.

Now, he could of taken the party to his home, confiscated phones, have his own security make sure he has his privacy. But NO, he doesn't think that's all that important.

Lastly, he finally gets the starting gig for the rest of the season and instead of keeping his word to his coaches to stay out of trouble, he goes out partying. Instead of spending the bye week sharpening his craft and showing his teammates he's on board. He decides to ham it up for the camera with a bottle in his hand.

Therefore, the kid is an IDIOT or borderline retard as one poster put it. If you can't make it through one season of football without getting caught on camera doing the very thing that worries the hell out of the people that gave you millions and are depending on him to focus on his job as a QB, you deserve to be sat down with a dunce cap in the corner. 7 months of focus is all they ask and he can't give them that. He deserves everything coming his way.

Edited by Cowboyz1

It could be but I think there's more to the story. Of course the folks in charge aren't going to come right out and tell her he's gone...rumor mill here is swirling. I hope he goes. Just a clueless punk.

His choices, his consequences...he's a grown @$$ man (albeit, apparently a very immature one)...right, wrong, or indifferent, when you piss off the boss, you get sent to the bench, and possibly shown the door...

Edited by the outlaw

Looks like Jerry is going to get his man after all. Let him cool his heals on the bench and play backup to Romo for a couple years.

No, even Jerry isn't that stupid. I say the kid ends up on the street for a few years then tries to make a comeback when he's broke.