[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again...

BA Baracus

His choices, his consequences...he's a grown @$$ man (albeit, apparently a very immature one)...right, wrong, or indifferent, when you piss off the boss, you get sent to the bench, and possibly shown the door...

Calling him a grown ass man is an insult to real grown men. He's a punk entitled kid. Nothing more nothing less. He's got that face of a guy you just want to punch lol. I hope it's the door btw. he needs a wake up call although I'm sure his inheritance is bigger than any NFL contract he'd sign So not sure he'd care much anyway

Edited by Gourdeau

Don't get me wrong. I agree that the guy is an idiot and is throwing away an amazing opportunity.

...I'm just trying to highlight the bigger issue here which is the incompetence of the Cleveland Browns. Everybody is calling for Johnny's head, but I see nobody on here blaming the Browns for holding onto this "headache."

What you appear to be doing is called deflecting, making the Browns primarily or solely responsible. He went to rehab, he was named the starter, he left on bye week time off saying he wouldn't embarrass the team. He then went out partying, some calle it a 3 day bender. Then when the videos came out he lied and tried to cover it up.

You sound like one of his fans or enablers making excuses for him.

YES the Browns screwed up drafting him, but were trying to give him a chance and properly evaluate his talent. What benefit is there to cutting him?

JOHNNY pissed that away for a chance to party with his buds.

He's 22. He got a little wild on his team's bye week. Who cares. If I were him, I'd be annoyed that he has different rules than anyone else. He hasn't done anything too bad. Manziel is only making $794,936 this year and is under contract for 3 more years for little money. He has a long time before he needs to grow up. And he can make more money and get in a better situation than Cleveland by being cut.

That may be what he was after all along, getting out of Cleveland. But what NFL team is going to give him a chance after he keeps relapsing and then tries to cover it up?

Go to just one AA meeting, i dare ya...

Never claimed to be informed on his life...cause i don't care. Lol

Not sure what your point is about AA meetings or the justicesystem, and pretty sure neither have anything todo with Manziel and his issues.

You're not informed on his life but ready to judge his behavior as acceptable :crazy:

Simple facts here. Johnny had a problem doing coke and drinking way too much and couldn't focus on his job as a starting QB for a multi-million dollar franchise. They support him going to rehab in the offseason to get things figured out so he could focus on playing football. He gets out of rehab knowing that people are going to be looking for any signs that he is regressing and shouldn't be trusted with the keys to the Browns offense. Instead of making sure there is NO chance of ending up on the News, on youtube or twitter Drinking and giving his bosses any reason to think he's relapsing, he decides to throw caution to the wind and party it up in front of the camera.

Now, he could of taken the party to his home, confiscated phones, have his own security make sure he has his privacy. But NO, he doesn't think that's all that important.

Lastly, he finally gets the starting gig for the rest of the season and instead of keeping his word to his coaches to stay out of trouble, he goes out partying. Instead of spending the bye week sharpening his craft and showing his teammates he's on board. He decides to ham it up for the camera with a bottle in his hand.

Therefore, the kid is an IDIOT or borderline retard as one poster put it. If you can't make it through one season of football without getting caught on camera doing the very thing that worries the hell out of the people that gave you millions and are depending on him to focus on his job as a QB, you deserve to be sat down with a dunce cap in the corner. 7 months of focus is all they ask and he can't give them that. He deserves everything coming his way.

Don't forget how he lied to the team when the videos came out saying they were old.

As for needing a couple years to sit learn and mature, he got that his first year and pissed it away.

That may be what he was after all along, getting out of Cleveland. But what NFL team is going to give him a chance after he keeps relapsing and then tries to cover it up?

Yeah I keep hearing it could be the best thing for him ... :shocking: ... and what he wants. But he might have had the STARTING job in Cleveland if only he would work for it. If he is released from Cleveland nobody is going to pick him us to start for them .. he will be acquired as a backup for a much reduced salary and he will have to hope for the starter to get injured.

No I don't think Johnny has developed a well thought out strategy that has him showing his failure to be a leader and his continued tendency to place more importance on partying than his job in an effort to get him out of Cleveland so he can better his position. Nope, he is just immature and fails to consider his actions or the repercussions of those actions until it is too late ... he wants to party.

• Like 1

Not sure what your point is about AA meetings or the justicesystem, and pretty sure neither have anything todo with Manziel and his issues.

You're not informed on his life but ready to judge his behavior as acceptable :crazy:

No, i know nothing about him. In context, my comment is basically: hes 22 yrs old, give the guy a break...22 yr old people party...its just the way it is. Everyone going off on his business is stupid. He broke an agreement with his employer, they have benched him...move on!

Alcohol has not destroyed his life, hes not an alcoholic, he probably went to rehab on an agreement. People saying hes an alcoholic is just rediculous...HES YOUNG...thats the only problem he has atm. Like all humans he will learn his lessons.

Edited by awesomebench

No, i know nothing about him. In context, my comment is basically: hes 22 yrs old, give the guy a break...22 yr old people party...its just the way it is. Everyone going off on his business is stupid. He broke an agreement with his employer, they have benched him...move on!

Alcohol has not destroyed his life, hes not an alcoholic, he probably went to rehab on an agreement. People saying hes an alcoholic is just rediculous...HES YOUNG...thats the only problem he has atm. Like all humans he will learn his lessons.

Even at 22 if I broke confidence with my employer I would be fired, this is not unique to the sports industry.

When Johnny elected to enter the draft and embark on his professional career there is the expectation that he will grow up and do his job. If he didn't want to grow and do the job then maybe he should have stayed in college.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 2

Even at 22 if I broke confidence with my employer I would be fired, this is not unique to the sports industry.

When Johnny elected to enter the draft and embark on his professional career there is the expectation that he will grow up and do his job. If he didn't want to grow and do the job then maybe he should have stayed in college.

The signs were all there - we all saw them. They continue to be there - we still see them.

He does have a long wick and it will be a slow burn. I feel bad for all kids who have problems becoming men.

He isn't unredeemable. He just needs to be a backup for a while, and keep his nose clean, literally and figuratively, while he proves that he can hold the clipboard without complaining. The unfortunate thing is that the media isn't going to make it easy, as they are continuously going to feed his ego and belief that he deserves to start any time the guy in front of him stumbles. He needs to be on a team with a coach, GM, and owner smart enough not to listen to that from the media and public in general. The substance abuse issues are up to him to control, and if he can't, then he will have chosen the lifestyle over the life. I still believe there's time for him to be great, but he has to realize that he has a lot of work to do, personally and professionally, to get there, and not listen to the people telling him that he's already there.

• Like 1

I think his point on the AA meetings is that there are a lot of people there who were busted for one thing or another and need an attendance slip signed, but are not necessarily addicts.

• Like 1

He isn't unredeemable. He just needs to be a backup for a while, and keep his nose clean, literally and figuratively, while he proves that he can hold the clipboard without complaining. The unfortunate thing is that the media isn't going to make it easy, as they are continuously going to feed his ego and belief that he deserves to start any time the guy in front of him stumbles. He needs to be on a team with a coach, GM, and owner smart enough not to listen to that from the media and public in general. The substance abuse issues are up to him to control, and if he can't, then he will have chosen the lifestyle over the life. I still believe there's time for him to be great, but he has to realize that he has a lot of work to do, personally and professionally, to get there, and not listen to the people telling him that he's already there.

He could start with being mature enough to not listen to that nonsense from the media. But he thrives on his popularity, his notoriety and being in the spotlight so he cannot ignore the media.

I don't think there is even time for him to be average, which is where he'll have to start get another shot.

I think his point on the AA meetings is that there are a lot of people there who were busted for one thing or another and need an attendance slip signed, but are not necessarily addicts.

Could be, never heard of people forced to attend AA meetings for things not related to alcohol to get some slip signed. And not sure how that relates to JF and this situation.