[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Johnny Football to Start! No wait, decided to party and got benched

Cowboyz1

Again. This time he's gone from starting the rest of the year to the third string QB. Why? Because he decided to do this after promising his coaches he "wouldn't embarrass them over the bye week".

Johnny Football has changed his name to DJ Johnny Drinks alot.

Sad. It's tough to be young and want to party but dude. Stay home, check cell phones at the door and party your ass off. Kid is Sdoopid.

Too busy with all your Cowboys threads you must have missed this one where its being discussed

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/454848-here-we-go-again/

I hear he wants to play for a team in Texas, so just tell Jerry to send a couple of draft picks our way and he's your headache.

Johnny Goofball is a perfect name

Edited by stevegrab

Too busy with all your Cowboys threads you must have missed this one where its being discussed

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/454848-here-we-go-again/

I hear he wants to play for a team in Texas, so just tell Jerry to send a couple of draft picks our way and he's your headache.

Johnny Goofball is a perfect name

thread police lol. If Johnny's name was in the title of the other thread you'd have a pt

thread police lol. If Johnny's name was in the title of the other thread you'd have a pt

If C1 read some threads that weren't about Cowboys he probably would have seen that other thread.

Not trying to be thread police (you'd have to pay me to do that job here), but I do get tired of seeing new threads started for topics I've been reading for hours/days. Plus "will this guy play this week" when nobody knows yet and the OP could use Google to get the same info we'll provide.

My bad sorry I didn't see the other thread. Here we go again didn't spark my interest. My immediate thought was some guy was getting his "shot" so I looked over it. I actually did look because I thought it was odd that a thread hadn't been started already. Even had to look back at the time stamp of the story and it said 3:49 I believe. Didn't think it was Eastern time.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

In all fairness, I completely intended for the other thread to be derailed into an abstract discussion of right vs wrong, drinking vs beating women, and the general idiocy of the NFL and all of its affiliated parties.

We should use this thread to talk about the football impact of this.

JFF a buy-at-bottom opportunity in dynasty?

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily a lack of maturity. More so a lack of realizing he has a drinking problem. Maturity has absolutely nothing to do with alcoholism.

IF he actually said that ...

I would say that it shows a lack of maturity to say that in a public forum

I would say that it shows a lack of maturity to openly disrespect your employer in a public forum

I would not argue that it could also be a problem admitting he has a problem.

• Like 1

Maybe there is hope for the Browns yet

Hope for the Browns, was that sarcasm? What hope does this show?

Actually I'd say this proves there is hope for Johnny that he may still be a Brown next year.

Not sure it shows any hope for the Browns team that is 2-10 and has little hope of winning another game (SF, @SEA, @KC, PIT). Thanks to TEN winning we have the #1 pick now (not that we're good at drafting).

All this tells me is they want to see more of him to decide for the future. Still expect one or both of Pettine/Farmer to be fired, a lot of players gone and another rebuild with 5 or fewer wins per season for the foreseeable future.

Was great NOT watching the game yesterday, attended a dinner at my church then went for a short motorcycle ride. Hope around 4:30 to start watching the late games.

The hope is that the Browns can stop consistently acting in self-defeating ways. There was absolutely zero benefit to start Austin Davis this week and it's even worse that they left him in the game.

Will agree to disagree, coaches disciplining players for their actions is something I happen to be in favor of. 1 game or 2 not much difference, I knew unless they were completely idiotic they would let JF start some more games. They need to know what they have, in both him and Davis.

The team is a dumpster fire, nothing they do really matters now. Fans are starting to really turn away, heard it was bad during the game every Bengals first down more fans gut up and left (according to a co-worker with season tickets).

Will agree to disagree, coaches disciplining players for their actions is something I happen to be in favor of. 1 game or 2 not much difference, I knew unless they were completely idiotic they would let JF start some more games. They need to know what they have, in both him and Davis.

The team is a dumpster fire, nothing they do really matters now. Fans are starting to really turn away, heard it was bad during the game every Bengals first down more fans gut up and left (according to a co-worker with season tickets).

In general I agree with you. However, in this case I think it is more important for Cleveland to determine if Manziel is their QB of the future. They need to see as much of him this year so they can determine staffing needs for next year. It is way better to find out NOW that he isn't going to work out then it is mid-way through next year. In this case I believe that Cleveland got pissed at Manziel and in anger they made a decision that is not overall beneficial to the organization - UNLESS they have already decided to cut Manziel or have already decided he is the QB of the future.

In general I agree with you. However, in this case I think it is more important for Cleveland to determine if Manziel is their QB of the future. They need to see as much of him this year so they can determine staffing needs for next year. It is way better to find out NOW that he isn't going to work out then it is mid-way through next year. In this case I believe that Cleveland got pissed at Manziel and in anger they made a decision that is not overall beneficial to the organization - UNLESS they have already decided to cut Manziel or have already decided he is the QB of the future.

I basically agree, but think that 4-6 games (he could start the last 4) is enough combined with his other action this year. And it may also matter to the coaches (and possibly be a wake up call for JF) to stand their ground and demote him after his actions. Many think the team is wrong, and should have let him start. But some agree with this and see it as one sign of strong leadership.

As for next year, I don't think Farmer or Pettine know if they'll be here, and not sure if Haslam even knows yet. I could see several scenarios at play with Manziel sitting that made sense (he's gone, they hope they can trade him and don't want to reduce his value with poor play, they don't care because they know they'll be gone next year so screw the Browns organization and whether Manziel fits).

It's a big hot steam mess and I'm moving into the "I just don't care camp." I'll wait to see what 2016 brings, and decide if I want to bother spending any energy following (and cheering for) this joke of a franchise.

the team is the laughing stock of the league.

Pettine was our 5th choice for Coach. 5th. No one wants to come here knowing they have a year or 2 to turn things around.

JF needs to play and benching him, while on paper sounded good, wasn't.

the team is the laughing stock of the league.

Pettine was our 5th choice for Coach. 5th. No one wants to come here knowing they have a year or 2 to turn things around.

JF needs to play and benching him, while on paper sounded good, wasn't.

I just don't think 1-2 starts makes that big a difference to see what JF can do. And at this point I hardly care.

I just don't think 1-2 starts makes that big a difference to see what JF can do. And at this point I hardly care.

They should have started him 2 weeks ago and it would have been and it would have been SEVEN additional games to evaluate his progress ... in addition to the 1 previous start and previous play time. I would say with that kind of play time you could evaluate his progress and make a prediction on his fit with your organization ... and if you can't then you are in the wrong line of business.

I heard that Johnny said he doesn't have a problem with his drinking, the Browns have a problem with his drinking. If Johnny really did say that it is a big indication of just how much maturity he lacks and definitely calls into question his ability to be a leader.

I remember after Jonny's first problems came early into his rookie season and the media asked Aggies head coach Kevin Sumlin about Manziel, he just laughed. In college you can get away with being lazy and living off talent but Sumlin knew that Manziel wouldn't be able to hack the NFL.