[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to make of the new Bears backfield

pun

So the game is almost over, and Forte and Langford have more or less split touches (16 to Forte and 13 to Langford). Langford has the only TD between the two of them. I haven't been able to watch the game in full but it seems like they were alternating each drive? And it seems like Langford might be "the" goal line back? Or did he just happen to be in there when they were on the goal line?

Seems like this is more or less ruining both Forte and Langford as RB1s. They're pretty much midrange flex plays (at least as of this game), dependent on who gets the goal line touches, unless Langford is the designated goal line back moving forward, but I don't know if that's the case.

What do you make of the situation for next week vs the very run-able 49ers and beyond that?

Langford does seem to be the better back though to be honest.

Forte: 2.9 YPC, 0 TD, 1 catch for 9 yds

Langford: 4 YPC, 1 TD, 1 catch for 5 yds

And Langford has been a stud in the receiving game in a way Forte hasn't been all season.

Maybe it's just because of Forte's injury? Tough to tell though.

Forte didn't have his burst. IMHO his knee is still bothering him.

I think we can all agree the Bears are crazy if they don't give Langford at least 10-12 touches per game going forward.

not a bears fan but langford needs his touches. 20-30 a game, if playing against a soft run defense. cutler can rest.

forte can be traded in off-season. more room for forte.

not a bears fan but langford needs his touches. 20-30 a game, if playing against a soft run defense. cutler can rest.

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Edited by pun

Okay, Forte had 3 more touches, and they both ended with the exact same all purpose yards. This is after Forte has been coming off injury too. People saying they should give Langford 20-30 touches and Forte should go need to stop drinking the kool aid and simmer down. It's only going to get better for Forte moving forward, and I saw a few times when Langford whiffed on his blocking assignment COMPLETELY.

• Like 1

The Bears can't trade Forte. The NFL trading deadline has passed, and his contract is up after this season.

Forte turns 30 on December 10.

Jeremy Langford is playing very well.

Chances are Forte is gone unless he returns on the cheap.

The Bears can't trade Forte. The NFL trading deadline has passed, and his contract is up after this season.

Forte turns 30 on December 10.

Jeremy Langford is playing very well.

Chances are Forte is gone unless he returns on the cheap.

This. The main reason I drafted him in my dynasty